PDA

View Full Version : DM8000 restarts uncontrolled

luis
14-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Lately my DM8000 (image Nemesis 2.4) developed a nasty habit of restarting uncontrolled, without my command. It usually happens some 10 minutes after I switch it on (from stand by). After the restart it works normally, no matter how long. I might eventually put up with it, but it also means I canīt use the timer to set up recordings in my absence.

Is there a way to fix it except reflashing the image?

z1ppy
21-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Have you got a laptop cooling stand ? Place it on top to draw the air out this will at least dismiss over heating as a possible issue if it does it again. I actually fitted a couple to the inside of the top cover, above the power board, and have never had a problem since ( 2 years and on 24 - 7 ).

luis
27-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Well, m8, I doubt a heating problem of the receiver has anything to do with its self-willed restarting. Anyway, I have taken care of cooling my DM8000 a long time ago much the same way you did. The only difference - I put a fan to draw out the heat on the outside, on top cover (over the power unit).

Stev0
27-10-2013, 06:14 PM
if you use crossEPG try deleting the crossEPG files as ive had that cause constant rebooting on my dm800. i deleted them and it worked fine. just a idea