PDA

View Full Version : Softcam problem.

TheBadger
16-10-2013, 08:17 AM
I'm trying to load the latest softcam onto my TM 5402 M2 running the latest Phantom Patch and addon using my home network. I get the green bar which completes and confirmation of writing success but then the writing box pops up again and the machine hangs. The only way to proceed is disobey the instruction not to power down. On checking the cas menu there are no keys. Any ideas?

holmroad
16-10-2013, 12:17 PM
I'm trying to load the latest softcam onto my TM 5402 M2 running the latest Phantom Patch and addon using my home network. I get the green bar which completes and confirmation of writing success but then the writing box pops up again and the machine hangs. The only way to proceed is disobey the instruction not to power down. On checking the cas menu there are no keys. Any ideas?

Mate its exactly as manic01 says - but as matter of interest, exactly 'which' latest Phantom patch are youi actually using?:nopity:

TheBadger
16-10-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm using this patch: Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_M2_ALL_107p_28-08-13-.stb. I've opened the softcam and it seems full. What structure should it have? Oops, just spotted it's intended for MGcamD and CCcam so won't write to the TM. Do you know where I can get an up to date version suitable for the TM 5402? MTIA.

echelon
16-10-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm using this patch: Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_M2_ALL_107p_28-08-13-.stb. I've opened the softcam and it seems full. What structure should it have? Oops, just spotted it's intended for MGcamD and CCcam so won't write to the TM.

Do you know where I can get an up to date version suitable for the TM 5402? MTIA.

tm softcams are in the tmsoftcam sticky thread at the top of the tm forum

just above your phantom patch query

TheBadger
16-10-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm learning all the time. Have now downloaded TechnomateMaker 1.5 and am going to have a play.:respect-057:

jamsb
16-10-2013, 08:49 PM
You will never look back now upwards and onwards.

TM 5402 M2 along with the M1 is coming along very nicely now.

Enjoy your Stb. and have fun with it. lecky.

TheBadger
17-10-2013, 07:34 AM
Well my first attempt at making a softcam file seems to be working well. I've always liked TMs because of their small footprint and reasonably sensitive tuners. Also like their versatility and reasonable price range.

holmroad
17-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Well my first attempt at making a softcam file seems to be working well. I've always liked TMs because of their small footprint and reasonably sensitive tuners. Also like their versatility and reasonable price range.

Couldnt agree with you more mate, only problem currently is that of firmware updates and TM's amateurish approach to updates & testing software out properly before release!

:respect-055:

jamsb
17-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Yer right m8 on that.

At the end of the day i just see it as a challenge.( Frustrating at times )

It simply adds to the flavour so to speak, i still would not be without it.

holmroad
17-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Yer right m8 on that.

At the end of the day i just see it as a challenge.( Frustrating at times )

It simply adds to the flavour so to speak, i still would not be without it.

Ditto!!!! lol!!:cup-006:

echelon
17-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Couldnt agree with you more mate, only problem currently is that of firmware updates and TM's amateurish approach to updates & testing software out properly before release!

:respect-055:

TM rarely issue any official firmware updates

the only TM one for the 5402 HD M2 is the Jan 2013 one labelled v1.01

most of their boxes have 2012 firmwares listed (or earlier on discontinued models)

the patches are issued by third party coders, nothing to do with technomate and is currently on v1.07

I would have thought members would know the difference between official unpatched firmware and hacked firmware patches by people like phantom by now !!

in any case, I believe that maybe less than one in ten thousand owners actually uses the official technomate firmware in their boxes

as for softcams, they only work on patched boxes and so have nothing to do with official firmwares anyway

and this thread is about tm softcams and it was clearly stated in post #1 that the badger is using a phantom patch (not technomate firmware)

holmroad
18-10-2013, 01:05 AM
@Echelon:-

Yes mate I agree with most of what you say above, but the way I read TheBadgers first post he didn't say exactly 'which' patch he was using and that was MY point as it can have a big effect on how successfully the latest softcams can open various packages, that's all!!
If I've misunderstood I apologise, but as always I hope I've made a useful contribution to our very friendly discussion here about using the softcams on the TM5402HD Mk2!
Regards.:respect-050:

TheBadger
18-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Seems there is a 1.09 beta available. Anybody know what's new in this?

echelon
18-10-2013, 09:22 AM
@Echelon:-

Yes mate I agree with most of what you say above, but the way I read TheBadgers first post he didn't say exactly 'which' patch he was using and that was MY point as it can have a big effect on how successfully the latest softcams can open various packages, that's all!!
If I've misunderstood I apologise, but as always I hope I've made a useful contribution to our very friendly discussion here about using the softcams on the TM5402HD Mk2!
Regards.:respect-050:

no problem , but just call a spade a spade m8

tm do not issue patches , full stop

tm issue fta firmwares for their products and then wash their hands of it

at the moment phantom releases the patches and only the patches can take the softcams

so my point was do not mention tm when talking about our hobby unless it relates to putting in their factory fresh non-patched firmware, thats all

its also libellous and if the comany wished to they could take you to court to make you prove your libellous defamatory allegations and sue for damages, so not clever thing to be doing on a social media site as many people have found out to their cost who have done similar stuff

when writing words on a public site, you should always consider the implications of defamation before hitting the SEND button

read rules 12 and 15 for clarification

so this should read

only problem currently is that of firmware updates and PHANTOM's amateurish approach to updates & testing software out properly before release!

not TM,S

in some of your posts you keep referring to TM and not PHANTOM (the third party)

when referring to my spiderbox , I may talk about spiders fta firmware when the box is bought new, but I used to refer to BOXER`s firmware when it came to third party patches

manic01 and I explained all this to you in your tm feedback threads so I would have thought it was a done deal by now

in relation to the softcam, the box has to be patched with phantom firmware patches in order to load in a softcam, so in that case 2 things apply

1) which version of the phantom firmware patch was installed ?

2) which softcam was used (and what date too) (note-this has to be a tmsoftcam version, not just any old softcam)

the same caveats apply on my spiderbox, except its boxer or v*s*k for the firmware (never spiderbox) and a spiderbox specific softcam (not just any old softcam)

holmroad
19-10-2013, 12:35 AM
Seems there is a 1.09 beta available. Anybody know what's new in this?

Yes mate, depending on which model we have - and I remember you like me having the M2 version stb, then Phantom as usual never actually said what its supposed to do compared to previous versions, so I've been trying it out since I got set up yesterday!
I personally have found that the LNB you have can seem to affect your system - e.g. with my black inverto I got 93% signal on Bulsat 39E, yet with my trusty white Sharpe LNB I get 75%!
However, the other way round, with black inverto I failed to get a signal at all on several transponders on 28e OR on 13E, yet these same frequencies when using my white Sharpe I get over 93%!
On 7W, with BOTH the black inverto AND the white Sharpe I get hardly ANY signal now with EITHER with TM5402HD, yet with the TM6900HD Super I used to get much more, especially between 1800hrs and 0900hrs BST - all as reported in the JSC Sports 'moving logo' thread!
I was reliably informed that this LNB/signal/patch variation did NOT occur with patch 101P - but I haven't yet tested that for myself!

So all I can suggest is that YOU test 109P and report back here for us all to see!:D

TheBadger
20-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Will do but at the moment I'm overloaded with work. So it could be a couple of weeks before I get a chance to do any proper testing.:frown:

TheBadger
22-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Have now tested 1.09 and it doesn't seem to have affected my signal levels. However the 8281 and 8280 toggles no longer seem to work. I may just be being stupid about where to use these toggles.

holmroad
22-10-2013, 11:37 PM
Have now tested 1.09 and it doesn't seem to have affected my signal levels. However the 8281 and 8280 toggles no longer seem to work. I may just be being stupid about where to use these toggles.

Hi again mate, really not quite sure whats going wrong for you here, but have you ever carried out a factory reset during your attempts to get it all going?
Can I just suggest that you retry patch 109P as follows & see if it helps:-

1) Back up your Channel List via USB (red button to USB Memory Stick)
2) Factory reset
3) Load Patch 109P via USB memory stick
4) Load Add-on from memory stick
5) Factory Reset
6) Load LATEST softcam all
7) Restore backed up Channel List via memory stick/USB from 1) above

Report back your results after all this please mate!
Good luck!:respect-055:

TheBadger
23-10-2013, 08:54 AM
The box is refusing to turn on this morning. Just sits the with the front LED blinking. Have tried recycling the power switch at the back a couple of times with no joy. Is there a master reset button or have I screwed my box totally?

Update: Managed to get the box to start by toggling the power switch while holding down the front standby button and am now in the process of carrying out your suggestions.

Update2: Box has become very unstable. If I put it into standby it refuses to come back on and now refuses to recognise .stb files. Going to try finding an original firmware. Quite frankly I'm totally flummoxed.

TheBadger
23-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Got that but the box now refuses to boot at all using the power switch/front standby button combo. The bootloader menu comes up but won't recognise any .stb files. Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Updated: I've had a trawl around the web and can't find any solution so have e-mailed Technomate. We'll see what they have to say.

holmroad
23-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Got that but the box now refuses to boot at all using the power switch/front standby button combo. The bootloader menu comes up but won't recognise any .stb files. Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Updated: I've had a trawl around the web and can't find any solution so have e-mailed Technomate. We'll see what they have to say.

Yes mate, reckon thats the best thing to do now, I spoke to a very helpful bloke there the other day, not Richard but maybe Mark?

holmroad
24-10-2013, 12:19 AM
Remove all firmware/files from your USB Flash Drive except for the new sw file

Switch the TM 5402 HD OFF (rear power switch)
Insert USB Flash Drive (USB port/socket)
Press/hold down POWER BUTTON (front panel)
Switch TM 5402 HD ON (rear power switch)
BOOT LOADER MENU (appears on TV screen)
Release POWER BUTTON (front panel)

The BOOT LOADER program should then (in theory) download the file

Info thanks to @Zorch

Yes that's brill manic01 - lets hope we get a report back?:respect-050:

TheBadger
24-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Doesn't work! The first item in the bootloader menu is auto download which comes back with "file not found". The second item is a browse option which I've also tried with no success - "incompatible file". The thied option is a factory reset. Tried this but the box just hangs with "clearing memory". Still awaiting a response from TM.:o10:

holmroad
24-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Doesn't work! The first item in the bootloader menu is auto download which comes back with "file not found". The second item is a browse option which I've also tried with no success - "incompatible file". The thied option is a factory reset. Tried this but the box just hangs with "clearing memory". Still awaiting a response from TM.:o10:

Oh dear mate, good luck with TM and please let us know how you get on as it COULD affect any of us sometime!:number-one-043:

holmroad
24-10-2013, 11:51 PM
I agree with manic01 - I found TM very helpful on phone!:respect-051:

TheBadger
25-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Thanks for that. Will give them a ring when I get a chance.

rigsby
25-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Just for info...

Latest Bulsat key as loaded using latest softcam keys are working well in an old TM5400 CI USB Super.
I had to downgrade to patch 156p for the softcam to work, 159p wasn't having it.

Am only interested in testing 39 east this weekend so not tried the other channels on the patch.

Funny enough i have three of the old boxes in the house doing nothing.

TheBadger
25-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Rang TM. Told my power supply was probably duff and to contact my supplier. Rang them - no answer so left a message. Got the receiver via Amazon Market place so we'll see what happens with the supplier and then get on to Amazon. Watch this space!

holmroad
25-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Rang TM. Told my power supply was probably duff and to contact my supplier. Rang them - no answer so left a message. Got the receiver via Amazon Market place so we'll see what happens with the supplier and then get on to Amazon. Watch this space!

Blimey, sorry about that mate, but hopefully it should still be under manufacturer's warranty - for a year ref Sale of Goods Act 1972 - so you really SHOULD be getting satisfaction here, either via your IMMEDIATE supplier, or if not then via TM?:number-one-043:

TheBadger
26-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Supplier has been in touch via Amazon - I e-mailed them via Amazon - and they seem to be wriggling already, saying they couldn't understand why Technomate wouldn't take the receiver directly from me.

skomedal
26-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Sorry if wrong but surley loading 3rd party firmware voids the warranty.

TheBadger
27-10-2013, 10:13 AM
There is no way that loading anybody's firmware should cause a problem with the power supply!

skomedal
27-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Unless the supplier has followed this thread.

TheBadger
27-10-2013, 12:39 PM
This thread could refer to anybody - no actual names have been used.

Update: The supplier has been in touch with Technomate who have agreed to repair the box. It has to go to them via the supplier and is being collected by courier this week. No mention of payment of any kind as of yet.

TheBadger
29-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Have been advised that a courier - no name given - will text me a collection slot sometime tomorrow. I await their text and will keep you informed!

holmroad
30-10-2013, 02:47 AM
Unless the supplier has followed this thread.

Which he/they'd be fools NOT to have done? lol!!

TheBadger
30-10-2013, 09:14 AM
That presupposes that they know it's here! Lol!! All TM suppliers have nothing better to do than follow every thread on every satellite discussion board which might refer to them - I think not!!!!

holmroad
30-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Have been advised that a courier - no name given - will text me a collection slot sometime tomorrow. I await their text and will keep you informed!

Thats REALLY good mate - please let us know how things go!:respect-055:

TheBadger
30-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Box was collected by Interlink Express about midday today. We'll see how long it takes to come back to me. I'm off to the Canaries on Friday, for a week so won't be able to update you until a week Saturday - I don't have a smart phone and I'm definitely not taking my laptop: this is a chilling holiday!

TheBadger
12-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Now back in Blighty. Was hoping to see the box waiting for me when I got back last Saturday - no joy and still waiting. Anybody know what the usual turn around from TM is?

TheBadger
12-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Hmm... interesting!

TheBadger
18-11-2013, 07:08 PM
I've now got the box back. :hurray: No money has changed hands. :respect-039: Won't get a chance to play with it before the weekend. Message from TM says, "No fault found. Software upgraded and tested. Could not replicate described fault.":confused:

I find this very strange as the technician I spoke to originally on the phone was convinced I had a power supply problem. Will run some exhaustive tests over the weekend and report back to you. See if I can screw it up again!:D

holmroad
19-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Yes TM are very good at this - wonder if it was same very helpful engineer I spoke to a few weeks ago when I had an issue with my TM6900HD Super?:number-one-043:

mdt
20-11-2013, 07:52 AM
well done to TM for replacing said box as they have took some stick on the forums so credit were its due..... regards mdt

TheBadger
20-11-2013, 08:50 AM
I've now reloaded the latest patch, addon and keys. All seems to be working correctly but will have a further play at the weekend. As far as I can tell the box I got back is the one I sent away. So, as I said, I am a little intrigued.

holmroad
20-11-2013, 01:40 PM
I've now reloaded the latest patch, addon and keys. All seems to be working correctly but will have a further play at the weekend. As far as I can tell the box I got back is the one I sent away. So, as I said, I am a little intrigued.

Be interesting to hear how YOU get on then with patch 110P mate, bearing in mind I had to go back to 109P, due to eventually having probs with the box momentarily switching itself off/on again just prior to opening a new channel - it didnt occur immediately after loading the new patch but after over a week of reliable use!:number-one-043:

TheBadger
20-11-2013, 06:46 PM
I'll keep an eye open for that! Thanks for the heads up.