PDA

View Full Version : my opinion on new spider 6000 hd

EXTRAFACTO
16-10-2013, 12:25 PM
I received the box yesterday,so now have had time to play around with it.
picture = good
sound = good (although some people are experiencing poor sound)
wi fi = good (i get full strength)
recording = good (wd 1tb usb connected)
playback recordings = no loss in picture or sound quality
scanning in satalites = good
motor response to spider = good
price of box from lee at goldwafers £89.00 = bargin
so in my opion for the money good box (i also have spider 9000hd,and protek 9760)

mdt
16-10-2013, 03:44 PM
what motor are you using? does it suffer from the usals issue,s like the 7000/9000/9900 does with TM motors ect,regards mdt

EXTRAFACTO
16-10-2013, 06:22 PM
been using dark motor...never experienced any stutter on spider 9000,protek, and now spider 6000

hianta
17-10-2013, 11:22 AM
:dupe: THIS IS A RIDICULOUS BOX :dupe:

Ridiculously good that is :woohoo-022:
OK It does not like techno motors but change the motor settings and it have your dish whizzing round like radar. The sound problem for me is probably just through Dolby on my oldish TECHWOOD HDMI 32" which has audio effects on or off settings in it's menu . so if using HD cable I have to set on or off going between box's. (better for me if I use SCART.)
It's the best beginners box on the market because it's more of a plug and play device. It has way too many channels open, It's way too easy to use and has a great support team behind it.
So It's cheap, simple to set up, play's back just about any file format on usb, open's more than you can watch and it is HD and records.
What more can you want? :cup-006:

chopper1
17-10-2013, 11:30 AM
the 6000 is a great 2nd receiver especially for the money and the picture is superb

the only problem i have encountered is that its not as user friendly as my main 7000 receiver

When i try to update the channel list with all the recent astra 28 east transponder changes it saves them on usb pen but when i change satellite eg: hotbird and go back to 28 east and try to load the updated astra 28 east channel list it does not allow me, is it something to do with me using Satpaul's channel list as he would have a different mac address, i assume there is no quick fix for this unless i create a channel list of my own from scratch? Any advice much appreciated

thanks, Chopper

Roadrunner
17-10-2013, 01:06 PM
I do not know what model Satpaul makes his ch list for, but if it`s not for 6000 specificaly it won`t work on it. Mac address has nothing to do with channel lists
Lists from previous models of spiderbox are not compatible with the new 6000. I updated my 28E list by scanning the Tp`s affected by recent changes and used the Editor to arrange the channels. (you can also do it using the onboard editor but it takes longer)

chopper1
17-10-2013, 03:00 PM
I do not know what model Satpaul makes his ch list for, but if it`s not for 6000 specificaly it won`t work on it. Mac address has nothing to do with channel lists
Lists from previous models of spiderbox are not compatible with the new 6000. I updated my 28E list by scanning the Tp`s affected by recent changes and used the Editor to arrange the channels. (you can also do it using the onboard editor but it takes longer)
thanks roadrunner, but was the original list your own or did you modify someone elses? If the Mac address does not matter why does the receiver not save the transponder changes i make and save, or am i doing something silly?

Roadrunner
17-10-2013, 03:37 PM
I am using my own list , however I have used in the past someone elses list to sneak peek how other people are arranging their lists. Never experienced any strange behaviour. I dont`t know how you are set-up, I use 3 dishes with 8lnb`s between them and providing I have Diseqc correctly set up I have no problems whatsoever. If you are using a fixed dish check in the installation menu if you have Astra2 ticked as active ( I use a switch so in the corresponding box I also set the port number accordingly).

viduka
17-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Of course the box is great value for money especially with the wifi which works great.However, I personally dont think the picture is up to the standard of the 9000, which is a shame, but I guess you cant have everything for the price its sold at ! I personally wish they has added a few more chans instead of the u tube, games etc.

chopper1
17-10-2013, 10:43 PM
If you are using a fixed dish check in the installation menu if you have Astra2 ticked as active ( I use a switch so in the corresponding box I also set the port number accordingly).[/QUOTE]
may be part of the problem, my main receiver is the spider 7000 motorised dish diseq 1.2

i use the 6000 as 2nd receiver upstairs and only use 1 satellite either astra 28 or hotbird for it, maybe i need to tick 28 east as active and untick the other satellites?

Roadrunner
17-10-2013, 11:04 PM
If its a list that i think it is (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?163496-Best-Astra-2-Satellite-List) then yes . If you load it 28.2 would be all there is on your receiver anyway.
Are you using any diseqc switches or anything? If yes then you will have to set your diseqc too. Had a look on that list and think its nicely organized, but out of date somewhat, after recent changes there had been a lot of movement on that sat.

RABBY
21-10-2013, 09:00 PM
LOVELY LITTLE BOX / Works a treat with DARK MOTOR ? Very happy

mdt
21-10-2013, 09:06 PM
cant argue with the price for a HD box that runs softcams ect and comes with a free connection aswell... just a shame it looks like it does although looks dont matter to most. does anyone know who are the team behind it as it doesnt seem to be DM,regards mdt

ekko star
23-10-2013, 06:58 PM
This box is getting strong support. Word is new firmware may be a pleasant surprise....

hianta
23-10-2013, 08:51 PM
This box is getting strong support. Word is new firmware may be a pleasant surprise....
Well I just mist the end of another film so hope it makes "that" worth it? lol ( does exactly what it say's on the tin)
OK bit harsh but makes me think about old day's with KEY'S no glitches ? I STILL THINK THIS BOX WILL TAKE THE £200 BOXES BY SURPRISE!
and ok I will look forward ekko star.Just think there is a lot more to this box than meet's the eye? hope it doesn't go down the same road as some of the TM boxes and is JUST a cable box??

ekko star
24-10-2013, 12:02 AM
The new firmware has an outstanding new feature onboard.....and it appears to be working very well.

Aldo
24-10-2013, 12:35 AM
Many thanks for the latest info, any indication as to when the new firmware will be available.

blackdevil
24-10-2013, 08:17 AM
It is not ready 100%
We are trying to solve an issue and then we will release it .
Just to inform people not to concern, we are here and we are doing our best .

ekko star
24-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Many thanks for the latest info, any indication as to when the new firmware will be available.

The firmware is working and the new main feature is indeed very good and I must say hugely surprising at this level of box.

If you thought this was an excellent little box, well let's put it this way.... it's about to become phenomenal....I think you guys will love it...

However as blackdevil says they wish to solve a slight issue elsewhere. It's nothing of major concern but the development team simply want to be 100%.

chopper1
24-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Iptv.................

is this true or a rumour?

Aldo
24-10-2013, 02:52 PM
is this true or a rumour?

Your guess maybe as good as manico1's, or mine also. Hearing is deceiving, Seeing is believing. :respect-048:

chopper1
24-10-2013, 04:45 PM
well whether it is iptv or not any new firmware without paying extra is great news

viduka
24-10-2013, 05:32 PM
" it's about to become phenomenal....I think you guys will love it..." Sound exiting whatever it is !

chopper1
24-10-2013, 05:51 PM
its like getting an early christmas present :respect-069:

ekko star
25-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Your guess maybe as good as manico1's, or mine also. Hearing is deceiving, Seeing is believing. :respect-048:

No need to guess or second guess as all will be revealed at the appropriate time.