PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 channel master settings

jase1
17-10-2013, 06:50 AM
I've got a 1.2cm and a Jaeger 1224. The plate that connects the dish to the motor has slots, it looks like its to raise and lower the elevation. What should this be set at?

I've got it set up on a stand at the moment and found 1w but nothing else, so I know something's wrong but I'm not sure what. Yes the stand is plumb. Long and lat are correct.

My latitudes 53 so I've set the elevation on the motor to 36. It says the declination should be 7 Are these correct?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find any info.

Jase

jrbmw
18-10-2013, 04:33 PM
If you have 1 west and nothing else your dish is not following the arc of the satellites

stars
18-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Hi jaes1.
1. First try to align the dish towards a satellite that is on your longitude and
adjust the length of the motor. It should have half its length
Because you use a Offset dish you must
also adjust the top angel of the dish. This angel can be hard to adjust. I suppose you
have a polar mount for your antenna so if you don't know what angel to set it
to the middle of the scale and adjust the elevation for the satellite on your longitude
(the one nearest 180 deg south). When you get a good strong signal from that satellite
move the dish to a satellite near to the first one. Go up to the dish an push it forward on the top.
See if the signal gets better or worse. In this way you can adjust the antenna so it will work over
the whole "clarkbelt"

Hope it helps

stars :)

jovie
18-10-2013, 05:35 PM
your declination is correct you may have to alter your elevation after you receive a signal regards jovie

jase1
18-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Hi jaes1.
1. First try to align the dish towards a satellite that is on your longitude and
adjust the length of the motor. It should have half its length
Because you use a Offset dish you must
also adjust the top angel of the dish. This angel can be hard to adjust. I suppose you
have a polar mount for your antenna so if you don't know what angel to set it
to the middle of the scale and adjust the elevation for the satellite on your longitude
(the one nearest 180 deg south). When you get a good strong signal from that satellite
move the dish to a satellite near to the first one. Go up to the dish an push it forward on the top.
See if the signal gets better or worse. In this way you can adjust the antenna so it will work over
the whole "clarkbelt"

Hope it helps

stars :)

I've set up my 90 triax 3 times now, at different houses. I've struggling a tad with this one tho.

What do you mean adjust the length of the motor?

It's obviously not tracking the arc, I'll try adjusting the plate between the dish and the motor. I wouldn't mind but I only got the dish for the one bird lol.

Jase

satwyn
18-10-2013, 05:53 PM
I've got a 1.2cm and a Jaeger 1224. The plate that connects the dish to the motor has slots, it looks like its to raise and lower the elevation. What should this be set at?

I've got it set up on a stand at the moment and found 1w but nothing else, so I know something's wrong but I'm not sure what. Yes the stand is plumb. Long and lat are correct.

My latitudes 53 so I've set the elevation on the motor to 36. It says the declination should be 7 Are these correct?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find any info.

Jasetry 5w telecom as the ref sat

Mickha
18-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Jase

The Jaeger 1224 comes with an adapter plate, and brackets, to fit the Channel Master 1.2M dish. You do the fine adjustments, for tracking the arc, by altering the screw thread, on top of the motor, which should allow you to fine tune the arc.
Usually yoiu should get all the arc, but with a weakened signal strength, furthest East/West, I'm surprised you're not getting any other satellites.

JOE.MADDISON
18-10-2013, 10:29 PM
with the 1224 you can get all of the sats with no loss at ends of ark.took me 2 weeks to tweak dish but finally did it,controlled by spiderbox 9000 and v box

JOE.MADDISON
18-10-2013, 10:32 PM
first tried with slots at mid position but only got a few sats.moved so bolts were right at back of slots and got all sats eventually .

jase1
18-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Thanks for all the input, I'm gonna try again over the weekend.

I've flexed the dish top n bottom and left n right it didnt make any difference.

i guess if its way out to start with I'm not gonna track the arc properly.

Are they harder to set up than smaller dishes?