PDA

View Full Version : setting up a motor and dish

nbradshaw
17-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Hi all hoping for a little advise. I have set up a motor with my spiderbox hd9900 and a 60cm dish. I have got 28.2, 26.0e, 19.2e,13.0e all working spot on with good signal. I cant recieve any other sats tho? I know I should get a few more but having no luck. The trouble I have is that I do not know the pin for the box so I cant factory reset and insert the new billybits list? have tried 0000 etc but no luck. any help would be great.

geoffh
17-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Hi can't comment on your box because not familiar with it but can give some tips on finding other sats.
1) 60 cm limits what you can get plus also depends on where you live. If you buy a copy of whatsat you will find a list of all the major birds and the size of dish needed. This will give you a start.
2) When you have chosen a bird you think you should be able to pick up Go to a site called K*ng*fs*t pick a live transponder with a free to view channel and start to move your dish towards that bird using you Quality signal output as your guide.
3) Start from a known and locked bird on your system and try to find the next recieveable bird. Some guys use usals but I have never found it to be accurate enough but thats me.

echelon
17-10-2013, 01:54 PM
lyng sat or king of sat will give you the satellite details

if using diseqc , follow the method above to find and lock the motor onto each satellite in turn (if the motor and dish are setup correctly)

if using usals, then you only need to ensure your usals gps location has been put in correctly and then send it to each sat in turn and they should be found (if the dish and motor are setup correctly)

I usually use usals to setup this system , changing from usals to diseqc at each sat, fine tuning the signal in diseqc mode and saving it , switching back to usals and going to the next sat , switch to diseqc , find tune and save, switch back to usals and continue, until all sats are found and saved in diseqc v1.2

now you can use usals or diseqc , whichever suits you

as for the pin , you need a master pin to reset it (or the correct pin number)

however if you reflash the box by serial method using the recovery file , I think it will reset the pin to 0000

then use a usb stick to update the box to march 2012 firmware and factory reset it again

then use billybits latest list (or my list , or somebody elses list)

hopefully this will sort your problems out

konvekta
07-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Hi echelon im trying to set up my spiderbox 9900HD with vbox 2 using the strongest transpoders from 47.5 east to 45 west
so i put it 42 east turk sat and progress across the arc untill I got to .8 west found every sat between the two, but when i try to go futher west I get nothing
allthough the I can move the dish futher west using the vbox
What do you think I should get between .8 west and 30 west, my dish chanel master 1.2m and I live near Bury in Lancashire

Best Regard to you
konvekta

Aldo
07-01-2014, 02:55 PM
" What do you think I should get between .8 west and 30 west, my dish chanel master 1.2m and I live near Bury in Lancashire "

Using the link below you can click on each Sat between 1 West and 30 West and see what is on each, and then decide which Sats you want to store:

http://www.flysat.com/satlist.php

you could also check post#11 in the thread below for the Strongest Transponders on those Sats:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?148427-Strongest-Transponder-List-Required

Satcat
07-01-2014, 04:22 PM
The trouble I have is that I do not know the pin for the box so I cant factory reset and insert the new billybits list? have tried 0000 etc but no luck. any help would be great.

Have a look here.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?160893-Change-Pin-Number-to-0000-when-someone-has-changed-it&p=869672&viewfull=1#post869672

(How's that for a quick reply)

echelon
07-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Hi echelon im trying to set up my spiderbox 9900HD with vbox 2 using the strongest transpoders from 47.5 east to 45 west
so i put it 42 east turk sat and progress across the arc untill I got to .8 west found every sat between the two, but when i try to go futher west I get nothing
allthough the I can move the dish futher west using the vbox
What do you think I should get between .8 west and 30 west, my dish chanel master 1.2m and I live near Bury in Lancashire

Best Regard to you
konvekta

alternatively , use the site dishpointer like it tells you to in our DISH forum here on satpimps, put the dish on your house on the map and then select the satellites you wish to check for line of sight and reception , dishpointer will show red or greed to show if its good or bad

alternatively, if you look at the strongest transponder list in the sticky thread in the dish forum you will see I checked and updated the transponder reception list only this lunchtime and amended it accordingly, so as I am in your vicinity then clearly you should get what I got, possibly more too

its all about reading the forum and other people`s experiences, knowledge or previous posts