PDA

View Full Version : blindscan question

iwols
19-10-2013, 03:34 PM
hi all on a previous thread i was told vu+duo 2 has blindscan but the solo 2 ,does not,if that is correct then ,is it possible that when doing a blindscan can you only use 1 tuner or can you set 1 tuner to scan the verticals while the other tuner blindscans the horizontals,or am i talking the impossible thanks guys

ManikM
19-10-2013, 04:44 PM
this is the reason i chose XTREND over VU+ a couple of years ago - my xtrend 9200SE is still going strong - xtrend has hardware blindscan as opposed to software blindscan, most people arent bothered about it, but its a big thing for me. rumour has that the solo2 does have blindscan, but not sure if drivers are out for it yet...

iwols
19-10-2013, 04:53 PM
thanks manikm think the duo2 is supposed to be hw blindscan just cant understand why the solo 2 doesnt have it

clipper
19-10-2013, 05:27 PM
the solo2 does have the blind scan with
some images the blackhole image has
had problems getting it to work and on
there forum it was posted that New drivers
by Vu are needed:for the blind scan, but i
dont think a scan misses very much so the
blind scan is'nt that important to me

iwols
19-10-2013, 05:34 PM
which images have blindscan plz
the solo2 does have the blind scan with
some images the blackhole image has
had problems getting it to work and on
there forum it was posted that New drivers
by Vu are needed:for the blind scan, but i
dont think a scan misses very much so the
blind scan is'nt that important to me

clipper
19-10-2013, 06:24 PM
i know the PLI has the blind scan i have
used the blackpole images that are based on pli
and they had the blind scan, but there is'nt a
blackpole for the new version 2 vu boxes yet
i have never used the vix image but
they usualy have the latest features

enrico001u
19-10-2013, 06:37 PM
i know the PLI has the blind scan i have
used the blackpole images that are based on pli
and they had the blind scan, but there is'nt a
blackpole for the new version 2 vu boxes yet
i have never used the vix image but
they usualy have the latest features

Are you sure pli blindscan works with solo2?

iwols
20-10-2013, 07:38 AM
hi guys was thinking of buying a solo 2 then duo 2 but there seems to be a lot of debate if the boxes can do blind scan or not and if it is hardware or software blindscan at that,thought it should be a simple question,so might give the box a miss as blindscan is something i do use ah well thanks for everyones input

echelon
20-10-2013, 08:56 AM
hi guys was thinking of buying a solo 2 then duo 2 but there seems to be a lot of debate if the boxes can do blind scan or not and if it is hardware or software blindscan at that,thought it should be a simple question,so might give the box a miss as blindscan is something i do use ah well thanks for everyones input

I hardly think its a box question, plus it would never influence my decision and I have a duo running BH (no idea about blindscan either as I have never tried it)

blindscan would be image dependent I would think, hence the various replies giving different info

so its not about the boxes capabilities , its about IMAGE capabilities , so I think clipper answered correctly in post #4

the point here is that different images give you different features, so think of it as owning a car but having multiple drivers, who all want it set up their own way

seat position , rear view mirror position , side mirror positions , headrest position etc

but even if you owned a ferrari enzo and wanted to go 200 mph it wont work with no petrol in it, despite the specifications

it was certainly not a deal breaker for me and if I were buying another proper box it would either be a solo2 or duo2

these boxes can do so much more than bespoke boxes its like man utd playing stockport county, even if persie wasnt playing !

ManikM
20-10-2013, 10:09 AM
I hardly think its a box question, plus it would never influence my decision and I have a duo running BH (no idea about blindscan either as I have never tried it)

blindscan would be image dependent I would think, hence the various replies giving different info

so its not about the boxes capabilities , its about IMAGE capabilities , so I think clipper answered correctly in post #4

the point here is that different images give you different features, so think of it as owning a car but having multiple drivers, who all want it set up their own way

seat position , rear view mirror position , side mirror positions , headrest position etc

but even if you owned a ferrari enzo and wanted to go 200 mph it wont work with no petrol in it, despite the specifications

it was certainly not a deal breaker for me and if I were buying another proper box it would either be a solo2 or duo2

these boxes can do so much more than bespoke boxes its like man utd playing stockport county, even if persie wasnt playing !

echelon, blindscan comes in 2 forms, software and hardware.
sometimes boxes dont have a hardware capable blindscan tuner, so they emulate within the software.
if a box has a hardware capable tuner, then the image needs the correct drivers to whiz through the scan, rather than software emulation to stumble through the scan.

enrico001u
20-10-2013, 10:37 AM
I have solo2 and I have yet to find an image where blindscan works

echelon
20-10-2013, 12:04 PM
echelon, blindscan comes in 2 forms, software and hardware.
sometimes boxes dont have a hardware capable blindscan tuner, so they emulate within the software.
if a box has a hardware capable tuner, then the image needs the correct drivers to whiz through the scan, rather than software emulation to stumble through the scan.

so what you are saying is that in all of these blindscan questions posted in the various VU forums here, they should really be asking 2 questions and not 1

1) does the VU (enter model name here) have HARDWARE BLINDSCAN ?

2) does the VU (enter model name here) have any images that have SOFTWARE BLINDSCAN ?

personally I have no idea and dont even care about blindscan on any of my boxes as I never use it, I would also say that 98% of box owners dont use it or care about it either

in any case, my point is that these boxes do have enough features in the one package to warrant buying one, maybe then he should have a dedicated blindscan receiver like the badger seems to have in one of the replies in a different forum here (I appreciate he wants these features all in the one box, but its my experience that there is never one box that does everything)

having said that , donki said that his duo2 has blindscan but didnt say which one, in another post he says he doesnt know the difference and didnt know which type of blindscan it had done on 10e

so thanks for the clarification as it makes more sense to me now anyway, possibly to the OP too