PDA

View Full Version : Vu+solo2 Help pls

lebon
21-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am a total newbie with linux box and I really mean that. The question I have is currently I have a motorised dish with single lnb connected to my spiderbox. Can i use the same connection for my vu solo box using a single lnb or do I need a twin lnb. In the near future I willbe changing my dish and my lnb to twin. Thank you

Roadrunner
21-10-2013, 07:32 PM
If I were you I would use the VU and flog the spider. But thats just me.
To use both of the boxes (simultaneously) you would need a seperate feed for one of them (lnb with at least two ports aka twin). For obvious reasons VU would be hooked up to the motor so you need another dish in this setup unless you are happy with one of the stbs driving the dish to a certain sat position so both of the receivers can pic up a signal . But it would make a lot more sense to invest in another dish for a spider should you decide to keep it

lebon
21-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks mate but I will not be using my spiderbox anymore. Just want to know if i could use the vu box connected to a single feed as it has a twin tuner as my current set up uses only a single lnb. Thanks

Roadrunner
21-10-2013, 07:44 PM
You can use the VU in this setup no problems, but it would make sense to upgrade the lnb to twin and run another cable so you can use both tuners on your new posh receiver

lebon
21-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Thank you .Question is only using a single feed would not short circuit the box? Secondly would i use tuner a or tuner b. Thank you

echelon
21-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Thank you .Question is only using a single feed would not short circuit the box? Secondly would i use tuner a or tuner b. Thank you

no it wont cause any damage

you would use tuner A, and configure tuner B so it knows there is only the one feed

this will restrict the channels that can be recorded or viewed on tuner B , until you fit a twin or quad lnb and twin coax, so that each tuner has its own feed

lebon
21-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Thank you guys for all your help.

Roadrunner
21-10-2013, 07:58 PM
U can use one or the other(depends on where you plug your cable)
and no it wont short circut anything as long as you dont try anything stupid like trying to split the cable and feed two ports on the receiver. If I were you I would replace the single LNB with at least twin and let the tuner A run the dish and use the B for recording .etc Anyhow you need another cable run from the dish to the box

echelon
21-10-2013, 07:59 PM
or use a feed from a sly dish on tuner B , so you have one motorised and one static

lebon
21-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Thank you again. How do i configure tuner b assuming I am using tuner a for the single feed.

echelon
21-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Thank you again. How do i configure tuner b assuming I am using tuner a for the single feed.

you will have to check the details in your image and use the appropriate one for this, if there is one in the menu

so go through all the options and pick the one you think is correct , or list all the options on here and hope that somebody can tell you which one is correct

in the meantime read all the threads in case its been covered before

lebon
22-10-2013, 05:57 PM
HI is it possible to use tuner A as single/loopthrough or tuner B as loopthrough/single