PDA

View Full Version : spiderbox 600 in standby

simon123
22-10-2013, 07:00 AM
when i put the spiderbox in to stand by the internet on the box gos off is this normal its hired wired is it better to put in wirless or will this do the same

EXTRAFACTO
22-10-2013, 11:34 AM
A friend of mine gets very poor wifi...(not a box problem.he gets very poor wifi signal where he lives)
so...he has his laptop connected by ethernet cable,and ethernet connection to his spider 6000
so when he puts box in standby that auto shuts off the ethernet conection to his spider.
but leaves him with ethernet connection to his laptop
so in standby,or turned off...the spider does not require internet connection
as manic01 says...why would you want or need internet to a box thats in standby
so yes its normal for the box to disconect to internet in standby

EXTRAFACTO
22-10-2013, 11:45 AM
@ manic01...yes mate i have told him this...he is going get homeplugs

simon123
22-10-2013, 04:28 PM
becouse i lose the conection to my c------n what if i want to record i can turn the tv off and record but not the spider box u get what i mean

Mickha
22-10-2013, 05:15 PM
If you're recording, using the spiderbox, it needs to be turned on. If you want to setup a timer, so that the spiderbox turns on automatically, when the recording starts, then use the timer option in the menu.

If this isn't the information you required can you please explain the problem in more depth.

simon123
22-10-2013, 06:06 PM
my cl---n seems to freze when i switch the internet off if u no what i meam

Roadrunner
22-10-2013, 06:28 PM
keep the box on then. I do it when I find a decent free line and wish to keep it, as when I turn the stb off I usually loose it upon reconnection. The IKS connects almost instantly so you should be ok with that. And stop using dodgy lines for gods sake ;)

hianta
22-10-2013, 08:57 PM
when i put the spiderbox in to stand by the internet on the box gos off is this normal its hired wired is it better to put in wirless or will this do the same

YES :smilielol5: