PDA

View Full Version : Image update.

ironman
22-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Hello, have been putting off updating the B.H 2.02 image on my Solo2 for weeks now.
Have downloaded B.H 2.06 and want to install it now. Before I do could anyone please clarify a few questions? I would like to copy the configuration on the solo2 would it be best to do this from the stb or from VUCC (in case of problems)? I know the new image has to be on a usb stick and loaded from the front with all other accessories unplugged. Then my c line is pasted into cccam.cfg (in var/etc) and then E2 is restarted, CCcam 2.14 and 2.30 will need to be installed also. Have I missed anything?
As this will be my first time doing an update I am trying to cover all the angles. Will I need to reconfigure the A+B tuners and will my recordings on the HDD still play on the new image?
Any help greatly appreciated :). :respect-060:

Regards,
Ironman

echelon
22-10-2013, 11:14 AM
you should be able to backup your settings to hdd and to usb stick in order to have them restored in the new image, reducing the changeover time and hopefully this will preserve tuner settings and channel list etc

backup your channel list using dreamboxedit to your laptop

backup your plugins using ftp to your laptop so you can sort those out more easily in the new image

also backup files like cccam.cfg and any other similar files like oscam etc

install cccam first, then ftp over your previous cfg file

you should have no problems playing any files in the new image, including recordings

ironman
22-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Many thanks for taking the time to reply echelon and the concise explanation. You have cleared up all my points in question.
I'll give it a go.

Thanks again.

Ironman.

ironman
22-10-2013, 12:11 PM
One last question before I do this, how do I backup the plugins and the CCCam.cfg files? I know it is by FTP but how to execute the procedure is not known to me, could you explain as you would to a 5 year old please? :-(

Thanks again,

Ironman

crabber
22-10-2013, 12:53 PM
If the plugins are available on the download server then you could re-install them from the menu in the new image, this would ensure you had the latest version of the plugin.
Navigate to the Cccam.cfg file with your chosen FTP program, it is in var/etc then copy and paste to a folder on your PC. Just reverse the procedure with the new image, make sure the attributes/properties of the file are the same as in your old working image.

ironman
22-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Hi crabber, many thanks for the info, have been putting this off for to long, was just concerned I would $crew it up, but its time to do it now!
Cheers,

Ironman :-)

ironman
22-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Tried all the above but proved just how useless I am with this stb, had to ring Lee who I bought it from and he put me right in 30 seconds. Many thanks to echelon & crabber for taking the time to help and also to Lee who tied it all together.
I was nearly there just needed a final bit of advice. :-)

echelon
22-10-2013, 05:31 PM
One last question before I do this,

1) how do I backup the plugins ?

2) and the CCCam.cfg files ?

I know it is by FTP but how to execute the procedure is not known to me, could you explain as you would to a 5 year old please? :-(

Thanks again,

Ironman

1) the plugins are in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

2) var/etc contains the cfg file

make a folder called backup on your laptop , inside that make a folder called plugins and a folder called etc

ftp the files from their locations into your new backup folders on your pc, for safekeeping

glad you sorted it out eventually

ironman
23-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Again thanks to echelon, crabber and lee for getting me up and running do quickly.
I had to mess around with the HDD settings to get the solo2 to " see " the recordings but got there in the end, just a point so others will know this has to be done and without formatting the HDD.
One odd thing I noticed was the weather function is set to Rome, have tried inputting my co ordinates in the sat menu to change this but it stays the same, any idea's.
Kind regards,
Ironman :respect-064:

ironman
24-10-2013, 08:55 AM
After testing the new image I find the EPG is only giving certain channels an update and when I go to the extended listings it is only showing two, the old list showed at least a week. Have tried several updates to make sure. Anyone any idea's please?
kind regards,
Ironman.

Burnham
24-10-2013, 03:06 PM
First thing to try is to do a full rescan of the satellite you are interested in - I presume 28°e. Set the scan to do a network scan and to clear old channels first. It can take up to 20 minutes, so make sure you have the time.

Then do a manual EPG download of whatever method you are using - either CrossEPG or XMLTV.

If still not working then post some more details of how you have set up your EPG downloader.

ironman
24-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Thanks for he help Burnham, my stb was setup when I bought it from our sponsor. I just saved the settings as per above posts and restored. I have tried a rescan but not to clear old channels as I installed Catseye's latest multi sat file. I will try a rescan later clearing the old channels and see how it goes.
Thanks again for the advice.

Regards,

Ironman.

ironman
25-10-2013, 10:13 AM
I think it would be best if I started a new thread about this issue as it may be overlooked by others who think my original problem has been solved.