PDA

View Full Version : EPG problem

ironman
25-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Hello, following an update to B.H 2.0.6 I find that when I access the EPG on certain channels the guide is only two programs and when I access the extended P/G there is either two listings or nothing. The strange thing is its only certain channels. I have used the channel selector for updating the channels that I want and performed a rescan, and also backed up my originally saved Catseye settings, all to no avail.
Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Regards,

Ironman

Burnham
25-10-2013, 01:26 PM
I posted in your other thread but I agree it will help to start a new thread just concentrating on this question.

Can you confirm that you have set up either CrossEPG or XMLTV. And if yes, say how you have set them up, then say what happens when you try a download.

If BH has an inbuilt EPG method independent of CrossEPG or XMLTV, then I hope others can comment on it, as I'm not a BH user.

ironman
25-10-2013, 03:27 PM
I belive B.H has a built in epg guide, I have not installed any other plugin. At the moment I have about 50.50 programes which work as per previous image. Thanks for your input, its not a majour problem just a bit of an inconvenience at this time.

echelon
25-10-2013, 04:51 PM
I am using bh 2.05 (not 2.06) on my duo , bh has crossepg embedded and I have just updated mine and checked the channels and all are populated ok using the epg or cooltv epg

ironman
26-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks echelon, I think it would be best for me to re flash with B.H 2.0.5 in that case. I will tackle that on Monday as I have a bit on this weekend, and also do not want to screw things up before the derby on Sunday.
Cheers,
Ironman :)

ironman
26-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Just occurred to me, has anyone else upgraded to B.H 2.0.6 and had the same problem?

Cheers,

Ironman

ironman
27-10-2013, 09:15 PM
This problem appears to be on only one provider, is there a way to get back to the menu which allows selection of channels? Cannot seem to find it through the menu without a bit of advice.
Many thanks for any advice.
Ironman

echelon
27-10-2013, 09:26 PM
This problem appears to be on only one provider, is there a way to get back to the menu which allows selection of channels? Cannot seem to find it through the menu without a bit of advice.
Many thanks for any advice.
Ironman

not sure I understand the question but if you mean the bouquets press the ch down button and blue and the channel bouquet list appears

now press menu and the bouquet editing menu comes up

if that is not what you meant then its because I found your question confusing

perhaps you could try the autobouquets plugin and sort out your lists that way ?

ironman
28-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Sorry to be so vague, I need to get to the point in the menu where you can chose the epg to update any given channel eg bbc1 with a yes or no. I thought I chose update all when setting up, just want to make sure. Cannot seem to find that option again, could it be its only available on setup?
Thanks again,
Ironman.

ironman
28-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Re flashed image, to B.H 2.0.7 and still same result. It must be something to do with the way I am performing the procedure. BTW I do not have CrossEPG set up, could this be the reason, not sure if it was configured that way on the 2.0.2 ?
Any thoughts appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ironman

echelon
28-10-2013, 04:01 PM
I posted a detailed tutorial months ago on setting up crossepg and until its setup you cannot expect the epg to populate

in any case, due to the clocks changing it seems there is an update problem that may not be resolved until friday (I have no idea why)

there are other threads on this new problem on our forums and other forums too

ironman
28-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the info echelon, I did not realise the crossepg had to be configured as the box was already set up for me on purchase. Makes sense now, I will check out your tutorial and give it a go.
Many thanks for taking the time to reply.
Kind regards,
Ironman

ironman
28-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Update for epg guide, have used echelons guide and have got the list populated as per previous iimage, many thanks mate for all the help. I was unsure about the crossepg issue and did not want to screw the new image up by just experimenting. She who must be fed would not appreciate a blank screen.
Thanks again,
Ironman :)