PDA

View Full Version : openATV updates.

jamesjay
29-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the correct section for this post sorry if it is not, I have a premium plus and I am running openATV version 3.0, with kernel 3.3.1, I used to get regular software feed upgrades but these have stopped over the last few weeks, I have noticed there are newer nightly images for the plus box my last update was on the 21-08-2013 and I have drivers dated 15-03-2013, so I am obviously running an out of date image but I am not sure the best way but more importantly the easiest way to upgrade (USB or internet) and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I was getting over the internet feed upgrades until recently so I must have an active connection to the openATV website already, do I need to change the openATV address to get the nightly image updates and where and how do I do this.

Kind regards
James.

digihoe
29-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Nightly images for kernel 3.3.1 has stopped, now nightly images are based on kernel 3.9.2, however usb-dvb does not work in newer version.

jamesjay
30-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Nightly images for kernel 3.3.1 has stopped, now nightly images are based on kernel 3.9.2, however usb-dvb does not work in newer version.

I presume when you say usb-dvb doesn't work you are talking about Skystar cards and the like?

Could you tell me the best way to update to kernel 3.9.2, when I first updated to E2 from AZ issued factory firmware I had a number of problems that I would like to try to avoid this time. I used Azup last time and I have DCC working too.
Thanks
James.

tmsani
07-11-2013, 03:23 PM
i tried to update my premium plus image from openrsi 2.1 to openATV after the update the completed the box is stuck in booting.I have tried restarting box & pressed Vol(+) but doesn't get to recovery.Please help.