PDA

View Full Version : Help configuring tuner B on dreambox 8000

fifi297
30-10-2013, 02:43 AM
Dear all

I have Dreambox 8000 connected to a motorized 1.1 dish with dual LNB. 2 feeds from the LNB are connected to tuner A and B respectively. Tuner A is set to USALS and is moving and scanning satellites without a problem. I set tuner B to a second cable from LNB option to enable me to watch and record different channels on different transporders of the same dish but I have the following problems

1. Tuner B doesn't scan any channels even when it is connected to LNB1 input of the receiver.
2. If I start a recording while on tuner A and try to move to a different channel it says either tuner failed or no free tuner message, interestingly the channels are not greyed out.
3. Tried earlier suggestion of putting tuner B on advanced and all satellites on LNB2 option but didn't work.
4. I can't see an option on manual scan to allow me to scan tuner B , it is fixed on tuner A only.

I ' m sure the Wires and LNB are connected properly.
I use the original dream image.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

dave3dg
31-10-2013, 01:10 PM
This is what I have on the latest 'old' nemisis.

Tuner 'A' configuration is set to 'simple'....'single' This is connected to a static 28.2 Zone 2 dish. No Usals.

Tuner 'B' is set on 'advanced' which is connected to the 1mtr Gibertini (Motorised) and set on Usals.

All is working ok:respect-061: shouldn't really say that!

Can't speak for the original image so I suggest you put another image on which you know works. Nemisis???

crabber
31-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Tuner a should be set to configuration mode = simple, mode = positioner
Tuner B should be set to configuration mode = second cable of motorised LNB, Tuner = tuner A bla bla (internal) DVB-S2)

fifi297
01-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Many thanks, I will try that out.