PDA

View Full Version : Feedback for 757 Phant0m patch please?

sat_rrstm
01-11-2013, 05:44 PM
After having read "7.57p is the most stable patch since 7.26p" feedback
in Phantom's forum I went over to my daughter's place to test it to her receiver
(6900HD Super).
After saving her channel list,I load the new patch without factory resetting
and when loading ended the box would not reboot by itself,it just stood frozen.
So I switched off from the rear switch and back on after 6-7 seconds,
but the box never came back on since that moment!
The only alive marks on the box are the yellow and green lan-leds lightning at the rear of the box.
Tried 4-5 times to switch off & on from the rear switch,but only the lan leds will follow the switch.
I did try the hidden forced firmware download menu using my usb-jd,but it won't go.
I'll take it home and try the pc/null-modem cable method,as well,
but did anyone else suffered this?
I was very surprised that no one said anything about this patch in here,
very strange,isn't it?

P.S. The pc/null-modem cable method will not start either,
so I don't know what else to do,except from taking it to a
tech friend to start looking for damaged stuff.

KnockJohn
01-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Hi sat_rrstm,

I have read this on another forum from a member with six exes in his name:

Testing patch 757p TM6900HDSuper+

1) Save channel list
2) Factory Reset
3) load patch 757p
4) turn TM off for 40 sec
5) Factory Reset
6) load Add-on
7) Factory Reset
8) turn TM off for 40 sec
9) load channel list

Turning the box off for 40 seconds is a new one on me but perhaps this is your route to a solution. Perhaps turn it off and unplug it for a few minutes to be on the safe side. I must admit, I have not had the guts to try out this patch myself and am continuing with 753p as this does the 23.5° Channels too, which the later ones do not.

Hope this helps

sat_rrstm
01-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Thanks for that,but now it's too late for me,
i should have read this before trying to update,
I can only have help from someone who has faced
the same situation as mine and has made a come back.
Thank you again,your comment can be a help to those
who would think of trying from now on...

holmroad
02-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Thanks for that,but now it's too late for me,
i should have read this before trying to update,
I can only have help from someone who has faced
the same situation as mine and has made a come back.
Thank you again,your comment can be a help to those
who would think of trying from now on...

I am SO sorry you find yourself in this position mate - after ALL the times I have suggested using xxxxxx's sequence of events for loading on a new patch - so maybe the way out of your situation may be to use the DM Loader and use the loader method of loading your software - instead of via USB - even though you say you have already tried this method?
Cant really think of any other method of 'reflashing' your stb other than by cable?
Other final case scenario is to ring Richard at TM!
At least you have first backed up your Channel List to USB - so once you get your 757P patch installed you can then carry out the usual procedure to get the stb going again!

Italtony
02-11-2013, 07:47 AM
So whats with this new 757p has anyone tried this out yet, TNT Sat key have become public is this included in this new patch? Hope 757p isn't one of those blow your receiver patch as sat_rrstm unfortunately experienced, will be interesting to hear the reviews on this one......by the way it hasn't been mentioned yet but does this patch have the loader included because it's all becoming very confusing lately as to how the patch required to be loaded not like the old days where you had a txt file included that told you and what the benefits are of loading the new patch.....just my 2 bit....

sat_rrstm
02-11-2013, 08:01 AM
I wouldn't claim that not following xxxxxx's sequence is the reason my box is dead
because I did load new patches without following it two more times in the past with no problem.
The point is that this box had not any hardware fault before loading 757p
so I'm sure that this is a software issue,I'll talk to my supplier and let you know about it.

holmroad
02-11-2013, 10:51 AM
So whats with this new 757p has anyone tried this out yet, TNT Sat key have become public is this included in this new patch? Hope 757p isn't one of those blow your receiver patch as sat_rrstm unfortunately experienced, will be interesting to hear the reviews on this one......by the way it hasn't been mentioned yet but does this patch have the loader included because it's all becoming very confusing lately as to how the patch required to be loaded not like the old days where you had a txt file included that told you and what the benefits are of loading the new patch.....just my 2 bit....

Very true Tony - when DM used to do it in 'the old days', gosh how we all miss THAT! - we ALWAYS used to know the gist of what the new patch was supposed to do etc!
Whereas NOW, wow, we seem to get the impression that even Phantom doesnt know what its supposed to do!

holmroad
02-11-2013, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't claim that not following xxxxxx's sequence is the reason my box is dead
because I did load new patches without following it two more times in the past with no problem.
The point is that this box had not any hardware fault before loading 757p
so I'm sure that this is a software issue,I'll talk to my supplier and let you know about it.

Yes but your previous lack of patching probs just MIGHT be because the corruptions etc which do ac***ulate over a period of time had not yet begun to affect your stb mate, who knows, but its just POSSIBLE it had as that's one of the reasons for running Factory Reset during the patching process - to get rid of the rubbish, some of which can be very nasty in the effect it has! Ok, ALLEGEDLY!

sat_rrstm
02-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Sorry fellas,but that was it,my box is not repairable any more,not at a logic cost,at least.
My supplier advised me to check if all electricity current values that arrive at the main board from the power supply
are correct and alive and so I did and so they are,too!
That means for him that since it's not a power supply issue it could not be any good idea to try repairing it,
it would be better & more practic to get me a newer model instead,even if it would be another manufacturer's box...
And that's the way it'll go of course,never mind,this box has had a 3-4 years period of a very good run,
and I'm very satisfied for the total time it lasted.
Cheers!

holmroad
03-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Sorry fellas,but that was it,my box is not repairable any more,not at a logic cost,at least.
My supplier advised me to check if all electricity current values that arrive at the main board from the power supply
are correct and alive and so I did and so they are,too!
That means for him that since it's not a power supply issue it could not be any good idea to try repairing it,
it would be better & more practic to get me a newer model instead,even if it would be another manufacturer's box...
And that's the way it'll go of course,never mind,this box has had a 3-4 years period of a very good run,
and I'm very satisfied for the total time it lasted.
Cheers!

Cheers mate, I used MY TM6900HD Super for just over 5 years, must admit a few issues had started to emerge (e.g. USB - power supply, etc) , but have now invested in a new TM5402HD M2 which is going pretty well at present!
Good luck mate!:respect-055:

Italtony
03-11-2013, 02:26 AM
So OK, who else has loaded this new 757p because I don't see anyone commenting about this patch, in light of what's been discovered no one seems to trusts this version, perhaps the south Koreans want us all to but the new models, perhaps the patches will all be doomed form now on, perhaps this is just my very own conspiracy theory...

I am still using 755p without great issues and seeing whats happened it's a case of "Don't Fix What's Not Broken" and unless I don't hear otherwise about patch 757p that just the way it will stay.

holmroad
03-11-2013, 01:27 PM
So OK, who else has loaded this new 757p because I don't see anyone commenting about this patch, in light of what's been discovered no one seems to trusts this version, perhaps the south Koreans want us all to but the new models, perhaps the patches will all be doomed form now on, perhaps this is just my very own conspiracy theory...

I am still using 755p without great issues and seeing whats happened it's a case of "Don't Fix What's Not Broken" and unless I don't hear otherwise about patch 757p that just the way it will stay.

Someone in the infamous 'Download Centre' has commented that 757P is the best patch since 726P Tony, but afraid I cant test it as I've changed to a TM5402HD M2!

alboke
03-11-2013, 04:54 PM
ok as we await the feedback from another user on 757p
I have been using it since 25.10 and as yet had no problems apart
from odd freezing on hd channels but that as been on every patch to date
cant comment on cs as don't use it
no problems on scanning in channels..
so cant say there is any problems on this patch..
new ..TM update not working last time I tried it ........

Italtony
03-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Someone in the infamous 'Download Centre' has commented that 757P is the best patch since 726P Tony, but afraid I cant test it as I've changed to a TM5402HD M2!

Well then being you were at the forefront of updates for the TM6900 holmroad it would seem that this thread from now will become redundant as interest for any updates will fade. so perhaps it's R.I.P. time.

As for Maniacs comment "Let him try himself, As he knows all about patches etc he will make a good Guinea pig.
We await his feedback" again I am not your "guinea pig" and refer back to a recent topic about the knack you
have to offend people which quite frankly members can clearly observe how rude you are.

sat_rrstm
03-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Maybe you were lucky that you were not connected in any cs,
while I was,even during patching time?
So guys take care if you attempt to try,no lan connection till patching is completed.

pcbear
03-11-2013, 05:40 PM
new 757p doesn't clear 23,5 E...previous patches were opening this position, why ?

Italtony
04-11-2013, 05:43 AM
Try doing something yourself maybe and not rely on others to do the testing.
You have posted numerous times your understanding of how patches work and what can go wrong so I would of thought you were the best qualified member to test.

If you dont want to test then so be it, it's an obsolete stb and will not be supported for much longer full stop.

This is clearly a patch testing thread or am I not mistaken? Yes I know perhaps more than you do being an encryption technician myself but that does not mean I am prepared to blow up my receiver with Korean garbage software releases with you naming me your so called "guinea pig" if only to add insult to injury which is the whole point of this thread to discover how those who are prepared to take that risk by loading the software fare without taking any personal risks.

As far as your soon to be obsolete statement goes this receiver is more likely known as a "Legacy Model" meaning still functional but not obsolete since Technomate still offer official legacy software & repairs. There are hundreds using this model alone in the UK and you can even still purchase this model new for £179.00 from a dealer in Birmingham and perhaps from some others that still have old stocks to clear. The fact it will no longer be supported by Korean screw-ups doesn't surprise me neither does the fact that if anything Patches 726p + Loader - 753p +Loader and 755p Without Loader remain the most reliable versions from the entire collection of crappy releases and in my view should now be considered as being the "Final" versions for this model for members using this receiver end off....

Grahamc
11-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Tried this patch and it seemed pretty stable but using cs quite a few channels would not open, went back to 726 and all ok

Forgot to say - when opening a channel, the signal strength stayed in the red for a couple of seconds before flirting round to the green and the picture appearing (this does not happen with 726 its immediate)

holmroad
12-11-2013, 01:45 AM
new 757p doesn't clear 23,5 E...previous patches were opening this position, why ?

No mate, neither patch 755P nor 756P were clearing 23.5E - that's as far as I can remember!! lol!!:frown:

fred fickle
05-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Tried this patch and it seemed pretty stable but using cs quite a few channels would not open, went back to 726 and all ok

Forgot to say - when opening a channel, the signal strength stayed in the red for a couple of seconds before flirting round to the green and the picture appearing (this does not happen with 726 its immediate)

Yes I have noticed this with c/s on sly italia 13east are they the one you could not receive mate??

holmroad
06-12-2013, 01:06 AM
Yes I have noticed this with c/s on sly italia 13east are they the one you could not receive mate??

Think that's only the HD channels mate?