PDA

View Full Version : MAC address

resco
01-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Had a search of the forum but cant see any answers to this problem.One of the Spiderbox 9000HD I installed for someone has stopped working on any of the lines entered in the Network.
The only thing I see might be an issue is when you go into IP settings the MAC address is not highlighted.
I can ping the box so its connected OK but it looks as if it is not recognizing the address

echelon
01-11-2013, 10:53 PM
the mac address should be greyed out but still visible and 12 characters long

you cannot highlight it because it is fixed, which is why its grey and not white like the rest of that ip address page in network setting

you can check it has a valid ip address in the router admin panel

resco
01-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply,but on my box the MAC address is white and can be entered with remote control,my mates one is grey.
This is on auto settings and manual as well

echelon
01-11-2013, 11:12 PM
you must have an old firmware installed then , as they changed it to the greyed out version to stop tampering

in any case you can see the mac address in the router admin panel, also you can check it has a valid ip address in the router admin panel too

Aldo
01-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply,but on my box the MAC address is white and can be entered with remote control,my mates one is grey.
This is on auto settings and manual as well

You could try checking for the MAC Address by looking through the vent slots on the top of the receiver, make a note of it and see if the MAC Code on the little white patch is the same as the greyed out one or try entering the MAC Code that you found on the white patch.