PDA

View Full Version : Channel editor problem

satpaul
02-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Whe I load my channel list for Astra2 it says 36 east (receiver says 28 east) I am using XP and have installed the other programme needed see pic
same on new and old programmer

blueking
02-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Hi satpaul,

Have you changed the default sat positions numbers, see attached picture ?

Please could you post your settings and favourites XLM files ?

Save your setting file and save favourites (and exit the editor), then overwrite the attached settings file and import my fav xlm file, restart the editor to load the new settings file, and see if you still have the problem, so we know it is an XP issue ?

satpaul
02-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Have changed nothing all I did was load in to channel editor and it comes up with wrong sat wish setedit did one have paid for about 5 of his

blueking
02-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

It works well under Win 7, so could you please post your settings file, its a file that is created when you exit the program, its in the same folder as the 6000 Channel Editor.exe ?

I will then test it on XP, and see if I can reproduce the problem, and we will fix the issue for you mate :)

superstarmac
02-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Hi Buddy,

I am assuming you are not using the ********* Scrape? and just opening a file? can you upload it so i can have a look?

I have seen this before in the early development and thought it was fixed

A small work around which might work

Right click on the satellite and chose EDIT, manually change the position to 282 and then save your favourites

after that, do a internet download by selecting 28.2E

then try and re-import your favourites (note that you might have to re-order your favs again)

blackdevil
02-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Have changed nothing all I did was load in to channel editor and it comes up with wrong sat wish setedit did one have paid for about 5 of his

setedit ?
This channel editor is fantastic , seteditors are far behind of this project .

superstarmac
03-11-2013, 09:34 AM

I cant help you or find potential issues if i cant see your ssu file, as far as im aware, no-one else has reported a similar problem

If its a similar issue to what we seen in the early development, you deleted and moved satellites around via the receiver instead of the editor.

Can you try re-installing the latest patch, do a factory reset, enable and scan your required satellites, load the file into the program, arrange all your channels around and re-set the favourites?

You have under 500, it wont take long if you use the ctrl key to select multiple channels that way, you will then be able to drag/drop to the required order and then right click and set it to fav1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 (i made a sly uk list in 30mins with the exact channel order it has in its own epg)

p.s if setedit want to spend weeks cracking the file and make money out of this then what is stopping them? i haven't received a penny and do this in my free time to try and make things easier for people so help can go both ways

blueking
04-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Thanks satpaul, for sending us your SSU's, the bug has been fixed now, I can see now why it would have been a problem for you, and it is easy to reproduce now we know the root cause.

It seems that if an user created there own channel list on the box by scanning the channel sat data, and then deleting unwanted satellite on the box (quite normal thing to do), the satid's would be out of step, and so the wrong channels appear on the wrong sat.

With the new editor if anyone uses the internet download or does an open SUU and does't delete any of the default sats then it works fine.

Thanks for reporting this problem.

superstarmac
05-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the feedback SatPaul and the bug has now been fixed, we are just doing some final testing and it will be released soon :)