PDA

View Full Version : A test for CCcam

the gaggsy
05-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Vu+ duo2:
Is there a way to test that the CCcam is actually working before making any commitments etc. to anyone ?

hda5
05-11-2013, 01:22 PM
If you can see CCcam listed in your cams menu, select it and press OK. It'll restart the cam and report if there are any errors.

Burnham
05-11-2013, 02:23 PM
If you have a card put it in the top slot and see if you can see it in Cccaminfo.

Many images have Cccaminfo loaded by default. If not it will be easy to load it from the Plugins menu.

the gaggsy
05-11-2013, 06:38 PM
If you have a card put it in the top slot and see if you can see it in Cccaminfo.

Many images have Cccaminfo loaded by default. If not it will be easy to load it from the Plugins menu.

Thanks for that, Burnham, but a card is one of the commitments I don't wish to make before being sure cccam is working.

Loaded CCcaminfo, V1.56, but when attempting to use it I get "Error retrieving web page" for just about every item except "about". This isn't really telling me anything. Or do I just not understand it?

the gaggsy
05-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Thanks for taking the time to respond, hda5, -- been through the menu's several times [BlackHole 2.0.6] but can't find anything that resembles a "cam menu" to select the CCcam with.

N.B. It doesn't mean the option doesn't exist - just - that I can't see it! Anyway I'll go through it all again but should I move up to the latest BlackHole image, 2.0.7 I think???
Should really write stuff down ....

voyager1972
05-11-2013, 07:05 PM
read this post, line 5
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?133588-Dummies-guide-to-setting-up-Vu-Duo

the gaggsy
05-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Thanks for your input.
You seem to refer to Dummies guide to setting up Vu+ Duo but do you mean Item 5. I'll presume yes...
If so done that and used the guide.
FTP said transfer was successful but --- with the problems I've had (e.g. You tube doesn't work, catch up doesn't work, ...) I want to check if the CCcam is working - before spending any pennies and finding out that it is not working. I'm of the opinion that there must be a way because the BlackHole team must(?) check these features out somehow.

echelon
05-11-2013, 07:57 PM
normally in BH you do not get any cams and cannot download any from the BH server either

the dummies guide instructs you on installing cams from here using the ipk or tgz installers, including cccam. the BH instructions indicate that many items including cams are selected using the blue button within the menu that pops up in there

the coloured buttons do various functions, and correct use of those buttons also helps, as in one short press, two presses, a long press , pressing 2 coloured buttons at the same time etc

so if you have personally installed a cccam like 221 after ftp,ing it over to var/tmp , it will appear using the blue button and selecting it using left or right to change away from the default of COMMON INTERFACE and will be shown as ACTIVE CAM

unless you are very experienced in installing a cam manually, putting all the files in their correct places and chmodding them to the correct attributes by FTP methods, you are best to use the cam installers which do it all for you

sections 5 and 6 here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?162732-Dummies-guide-to-setting-up-Vu-Duo2

the gaggsy
05-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Thanks again echelon.
The CCcam was from Lee's link in the dummies file.
It was installed through VuCC and the message said "transfer was successful" as Lee said it would.
Blue button - then using left or right to move away from the default of COMMON INTERFACE does not occur. COMMON INTERFACE remains the one and only cam!

I'm going to take this to mean that the file "transferred" or part of it anyway, was not "transferred" successfully and start again on Friday right from the start with the most recent BlackHole image and reset the factory settings.
As you can see in another post (DUO2 help) - below "FTP times out Can you help" the time outs occurred during the transfer attempts. So, despite the message saying - "transfer was successful" - I have had my doubts. Your information re "blue button and selecting it using left or right to change away from the default of COMMON INTERFACE and will be shown as ACTIVE CAM" and me seeing that I can't show another cam as an option convinced me to restart the process.

I'll re-post on or soon after Friday with the results - unless, that is, - I've been carted off to the happy farm..

echelon
05-11-2013, 09:42 PM
transferring only transfers it to var/tmp , so thats only half a job

you have to then INSTALL it using the GREEN button and selecting addons and then select the menu for ipk installation for ipk files, or tgz installation for tgz files

no point in transferring it if you do not install it after transfer, as it wont do anything in the tmp folder and without installation it wont appear next to common interface under the blue button, which is why you have not got that option

I believe it was transferred successfully, and I believe that you did nothing with it after the successful transfer

and reading your posts, you still have not stated which version of VuCC you are actually using, whereas I did (v0.7)

the gaggsy
05-11-2013, 10:01 PM
transferring only transfers it to var/tmp , so thats only half a job

you have to then INSTALL it using the GREEN button and selecting addons and then select the menu for ipk installation for ipk files, or tgz installation for tgz files

no point in transferring it if you do not install it after transfer, as it wont do anything in the tmp folder and without installation it wont appear next to common interface under the blue button, which is why you have not got that option

I believe it was transferred, and I believe that you did nothing with it after the successful transfer

and reading your posts, you still have not stated which version of VuCC you are actually using, whereas I did

VuCC Vu+ Control Centre V0.7 Got from the dummies guide as with all files and instructions, to be exact, these instructions:::..
FTP the cam-filename.tgz or ipk file to the /tmp folder on Vu+ (usually this is var/tmp)
Press Green Button then Yellow Button on Vu+ remote control.
Select Manual Install Bh Package.
Select the cam-filename.tgz file and press OK.
Message will appear - Do you want to install cam-filename.tgz
Select "Yes" and press OK.
Message will appear - Installed.
Press the exit button on remote a couple of times to come out of all the menus.

6. Activate Cam
Press the Blue button and use the < > buttons on remote to select the CAM
Press OK to run the CAM.

DONE

( On E2 Boxes the 3C.config is Located at /etc with Attributes set to 755 or All config files can be found in /etc ) and this seems to be there.

The more I go through it the more I'm sure some corruption or download failure has occured.

echelon
05-11-2013, 10:45 PM
try using one of these newer 2013 ipk installs from post #1 in here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?161009-Vu-Plus-community-BH-oe2-emus-%282013%29

like 221 or 230

or the ones in post #4 here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?163989-Help-with-CCcam-config

the gaggsy
09-11-2013, 04:07 PM
try using one of these newer 2013 ipk installs from post #1 in here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?161009-Vu-Plus-community-BH-oe2-emus-%282013%29

like 221 or 230

or the ones in post #4 here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?163989-Help-with-CCcam-config

Thanks for that.

Huge problems setting up wifi and I honestly don't know how I got there - again! Some witching I suppose...
Got all 4 of Clipper's files installed despite an awful lot of "Time Outs" on the ftp connection and a strange message saying the box can't connect. Anyway... Thanks again..

Now, where do I get clines, where to install them and how - so that I can check out the cam???

echelon
09-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks for that.

Huge problems setting up wifi and I honestly don't know how I got there - again! Some witching I suppose...
Got all 4 of Clipper's files installed despite an awful lot of "Time Outs" on the ftp connection and a strange message saying the box can't connect. Anyway... Thanks again..

Now, where do I get clines, where to install them and how - so that I can check out the cam???

those questions are not allowed on this forum , please check the rules carefully regarding c lines or n lines (or cs which is cardshare)

the c line is put into the cccam.cfg file in var/etc by ftp`ing there using DCC or VuCC or flash fxp or filezilla or any other ftp program , copy and paste the line in , and save

or ftp that cfg file to your pc or laptop, alter it by using notepad plus (add your c line in using copy and paste) , save it , and ftp it back overwriting the file in var/etc with the amended cfg file

thread closed