flashes green and red wont boot up any help guys please

general Martok
05-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Same here after restore of channels!
(following IPTV list update!)
following firmware update tonight

den123
05-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Is there a restore tool for this tried unplugging from mains stil. Flashes red green wont boot up

general Martok
05-11-2013, 10:23 PM
have you patched it tonight?

den123
05-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Yes patch it tonight

den123
05-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Can I to flash it from the pc will this get it to boot up

general Martok
05-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Can I to flash it from the pc will this get it to boot up

I am in the same boat as you.
I have no idea how to proceed to a factory reboot (hardware) or what restore options are available.
they maybe bricked!

den123
05-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Ho no hope not

Roadrunner
05-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Have you followed all the the instructions? I loaded the patch (admittedly I had to do it several times but thought it was me forgetting to factory resets etc, but now I`m not so sure. It is still working for me tho. Will not tamper with the ipt file if it causes trouble, there are couple of things I dont understand about creating and loading such files. Sorry for you guys and hope there is a solution

general Martok
05-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Have you followed all the the instructions? I loaded the patch (admittedly I had to do it several times but thought it was me forgetting to factory resets etc, but now I`m not so sure. It is still working for me tho. Will not tamper with the ipt file if it causes trouble, there are couple of things I dont understand about creating and loading such files. Sorry for you guys and hope there is a solution

After the patch it was fine.
It was after I loaded the IPT file that it went T.U
(Sample file attached)

den123
05-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Is there a restore software for this

general Martok
05-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Den123 DID it fail after loading the IPT or the patch?

den123
05-11-2013, 10:49 PM
After the ipt

Roadrunner
05-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Unplug it from the wall and keep it that way for a while (while it is off remove the Usb stick aswell) I know it`s a long shot but try it , sometimes cold restart can help to fix some issues.

EXTRAFACTO
05-11-2013, 10:57 PM
i have loaded the new patch...and everything fine here...
in my eagerness to have a play...i never got around to putting the IPT test file on
so mine is ok...

general Martok
05-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Unplug it from the wall and keep it that way for a while (while it is off remove the Usb stick aswell) I know it`s a long shot but try it , sometimes cold restart can help to fix some issues.

Thanks roadrunner, tried that too. Everything removed. 15 mins, then still not working.
Also tried some restarts with all buttons held down one after the other, so I could see if there was some kind of basic bios start up.
If there is it not a combo I have found.

hianta
05-11-2013, 11:02 PM
I had the same eagerness and switched off my internet connection then loaded the patch and then the ipt file forgot the factory resets but so far all seems ok? sorry to hear you have trouble and hope a fix is available...

Roadrunner
05-11-2013, 11:03 PM
i have loaded the new patch...and everything fine here...
in my eagerness to have a play...i never got around to putting the IPT test file on
so mine is ok...
That makes two of us.,, I was busy recconecting all my free lines and after that watching a nice bird undressing on one of the 200 an something channel and missed the boat to . I really hope that the problem lies in the instructions and not the patch tho.. I am tempted to try to load the ipt file anyway, which I probably will later on for the sake of testing.

blackdevil
05-11-2013, 11:04 PM
I upload recovery instructions here :

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164187-Recovery-instructions-for-HD6000&p=890560#post890560

After investigation the problem occurs from some previous saved channel lists. Also new channel editor causes this problem in some cases .
We are trying to solve problem .

general Martok
05-11-2013, 11:54 PM
Thanks all, we have a way forward.... I was worried it was bricked for good. I was also worried it was my silly fault!
Now if I can just find that old comms lead!
GRRRRRR

general Martok
05-11-2013, 11:58 PM
I upload recovery instructions here :

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164187-Recovery-instructions-for-HD6000&p=890560#post890560

After investigation the problem occurs from some previous saved channel lists. Also new channel editor causes this problem in some cases .
We are trying to solve problem .

Might want to make this a sticky!

superstarmac
06-11-2013, 12:06 AM
Same here after restore of channels!
(following IPTV list update!)
following firmware update tonight

Did the receiver fail after the ipt file, or a user database file?

Have other guys that have upgraded installed a user database file and had no problems?

general Martok
06-11-2013, 12:10 AM
When I think back, it may have be the restore of the channel list DB that killed it.
If that helps troubleshoot the issue.
The order I did it in.
factory reset, install patch, reset, install ipt file, reboot, load channel list file.......crash!

superstarmac
06-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Yeah i think you are right, i did this tonight and had the same problem

Was your list from the editor(eg a clean ********* internet download) or a previously backed up list?

EXTRAFACTO
06-11-2013, 12:13 AM
i put on the new patch...and then i put my own list i had made yesterday using the channel editor..
mine seems ok...
i have even done a factory reset..and done the same again...load patch...put my own list created using the new editor
and its working fine

Roadrunner
06-11-2013, 12:14 AM
i put on the new patch...and then i put my own list i had made yesterday using the channel editor..
mine seems ok...
i have even done a factory reset..and done the same again...load patch...put my own list created using the new editor
and its working fine+1

superstarmac
06-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Extrafacto & roadrunner,

What are your satellite ranges you can receive???

eg. 42e to 30w ??

superstarmac
06-11-2013, 12:26 AM
When I think back, it may have be the restore of the channel list DB that killed it.
If that helps troubleshoot the issue.
The order I did it in.
factory reset, install patch, reset, install ipt file, reboot, load channel list file.......crash!

what is your satellite range, and how many channels did you have in your database?

Roadrunner
06-11-2013, 12:37 AM
Extrafacto & roadrunner,

What are your satellite ranges you can receive???

eg. 42e to 30w ??
I don`t have a motor , using individual lnbs for every sat I can receive (onr three dishes) 1w,5e, 7e 13e, 19e 23e 28e 39. Got just over 4000chnls.

hianta
06-11-2013, 12:39 AM
could your problem be that you did not follow instructing 3 on the editor?

3 - If you use the "Internet Download" you must Re-Enable your Satellites, input your Motor Settings and De-Select Satellite Number 53, 58 & 60 as the program uses the Factory Default settings whilst creating the SSU file(This is a known problem and we are working to solve it).

I always try to delete any unused sat's above and below my view but my box is ok and have been through the improvements with no probs? But don't know if it would cause a crash if you didn't?
just a thought? Have you unblocked your boxes yet?

general Martok
06-11-2013, 12:48 AM
Yeah i think you are right, i did this tonight and had the same problem

Was your list from the editor(eg a clean ********* internet download) or a previously backed up list?

Mine was a previous back up.
never edited externally
I have a motorised set up.
I only have active 28 east to 1 w
All others have no channels and are not selected.
I had about 3k to 4k channels in there with all favs populated with about 30 channels.

I cannot unblock until tomorrow as I have no coms lead available in the house right now.
I will have to borrow one from work! (usb to com emulator)

superstarmac
06-11-2013, 02:04 AM
Ok,

Ive done lots of testing, reflashing etc

It looks like the number of channels you have "could" be the problem

1 channel list i got my hands on caused the receiver to fail, when i opened it up in the editor, it had 5400 channels in it, deleting satellites to get the channel numbers down, i got to 4600 and the receiver would load the file successfully

So to be on the safe side for now, i think people should edit their lists so there channel numbers are below 4600 before loading the latest patch and channel lists

superstarmac
06-11-2013, 02:05 AM
Mine was a previous back up.
never edited externally
I have a motorised set up.
I only have active 28 east to 1 w
All others have no channels and are not selected.
I had about 3k to 4k channels in there with all favs populated with about 30 channels.

I cannot unblock until tomorrow as I have no coms lead available in the house right now.
I will have to borrow one from work! (usb to com emulator)

if you open your ssu file in the editor, how many channels do you have?? the details are on the bottom left corner of the program

hianta
06-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Ok,

Ive done lots of testing, reflashing etc

It looks like the number of channels you have "could" be the problem

1 channel list i got my hands on caused the receiver to fail, when i opened it up in the editor, it had 5400 channels in it, deleting satellites to get the channel numbers down, i got to 4600 and the receiver would load the file successfully

So to be on the safe side for now, i think people should edit their lists so there channel numbers are below 4600 before loading the latest patch and channel lists

I just crashed I had loaded a list i was using ..
14 sat's 973 freq 5019 ch sat's 28.2E down to 0.8W.
Then loaded
24 sat's 816 freq 5692 ch sat's 53E down to 30W

I have posted a warning about one of my ch list's

so this list can crash the box with new patch.

blackdevil
06-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Thanks for your feedback .
We are already working to fix the problem and we will soon be back with a new patch .

superstarmac
06-11-2013, 10:20 AM
I just crashed I had loaded a list i was using ..
14 sat's 973 freq 5019 ch sat's 28.2E down to 0.8W.
Then loaded
24 sat's 816 freq 5692 ch sat's 53E down to 30W

I have posted a warning about one of my ch list's

so this list can crash the box with new patch.

If you use the editor to get the channel numbers down to < 4600 and load it, does it work?

hianta
06-11-2013, 10:30 AM
I was using a channel list with 5019 channels with no problem's was just when i went to check that list that it crashed. ( sorry I had to go out so have not rebooted box yet)

EXTRAFACTO
06-11-2013, 11:13 AM
13 east...16 east...19 east...28.2 east... 39 east..0.8 west
slimmed down using editor...(personal viewing preferences)
3717 channels

ekko star
06-11-2013, 12:32 PM
The crash was likely caused by your channel list.

Either re-scan channels or use a re-created newer listing such as the one I have uploaded here...

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164182-New-Patch-05-11-13-!!!&p=890535&viewfull=1#post890535

If you wish to keep your original channel listing it is best to upload into the new editor, make any amendments where necessary and re-save the file using the new editor.

The re-saved file should then be 100% compatible with the latest patch.

Enjoy...

hianta
06-11-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm back up and running thanks to all for the help and sorry for the problems with my plain sat scan ch list. I have loaded a ch list I'm still trying to finish which contains 5019 channels and have no problems with it. But on the bright side of things ??? We now have a lot more INFO on the site for the 6000hd ..

general Martok
06-11-2013, 06:37 PM
9 pin cable - com 4
just cant seem to get my box to talk.
check and recheck of settings for the com, still no joy...ideas?

Roadrunner
06-11-2013, 06:55 PM
So what causes the crashes then? Yesterday I was under impression that the boxes crash when loading the config for IPTV (ipt file) and even developed a theory of my own on why that might be?? Todays reports would suggest that it was the ch lists thast are causing trouble to some users? Now I don`t know anything anymore. Assuming
that I managed to load the patch and my list succesfuly should I be ok with loading IPTV file too? Reason I`m asking is I don`t want to be left without TV (I have the cable but won`t have access to a computer with Rs port on it for another couple of days, so I am being cautious. Anyone?

general Martok
06-11-2013, 07:02 PM
So what causes the crashes then? Yesterday I was under impression that the boxes crash when loading the config for IPTV (ipt file) and even developed a theory of my own on why that might be?? Todays reports would suggest that it was the ch lists thast are causing trouble to some users? Now I don`t know anything anymore. Assuming
that I managed to load the patch and my list succesfuly should I be ok with loading IPTV file too? Reason I`m asking is I don`t want to be left without TV (I have the cable but won`t have access to a computer with Rs port on it for another couple of days, so I am being cautious. Anyone?

If you channel list is less than 4,000 it should be ok.
I am having a nightmare talking to the box via a com cable!
it just wont respond!

So hang fire until all the fixes are posted!

Roadrunner
06-11-2013, 07:11 PM
I have to admit that yesterday I thought that the reason for crashes is loading stuff in the wrong order (ipt before the ch list) or wrong file (test.ipt instead of IPTV.ipt as the way I understood the instructions is that we were meant to only use the test file to extract the lines from it and insert them to the IPTV.ipt file and load that one onto the stb. Could someone with a crashed box post which file they inserted to the box? Probably best to wait for solution as you said, but in the meantime I`m trying to see a pattern here

blackdevil
06-11-2013, 08:11 PM
I have to admit that yesterday I thought that the reason for crashes is loading stuff in the wrong order (ipt before the ch list) or wrong file (test.ipt instead of IPTV.ipt as the way I understood the instructions is that we were meant to only use the test file to extract the lines from it and insert them to the IPTV.ipt file and load that one onto the stb. Could someone with a crashed box post which file they inserted to the box? Probably best to wait for solution as you said, but in the meantime I`m trying to see a pattern here

There is no problem with .ipt files .
The problem occurs from channel lists, probably capacity but we check for any other reason .
We 'll give another patch without any issue soon .

den123
06-11-2013, 08:12 PM
The problem is the channel list off channel editor. I have had to restore twice today. All is ok till I put my list in off the channel editor I have put the old patch in. And doing the list off the receiver all ok now. What a day lol. Drove me mad lol Thanks guys

den123
06-11-2013, 08:12 PM
I was loading 5400 channels on my list.

blackdevil
06-11-2013, 08:14 PM
9 pin cable - com 4
just cant seem to get my box to talk.
check and recheck of settings for the com, still no joy...ideas?

If you use usb adapter you will not succeed it.

den123
06-11-2013, 08:21 PM
So how do I load the channels on the receiver if not with USB What's the max channels with this latest patch thanks mate

hianta
06-11-2013, 08:50 PM
There is no problem with .ipt files .
The problem occurs from channel lists, probably capacity but we check for any other reason .
We 'll give another patch without any issue soon .

I agree with the capacity part . I think this patch take a bit of room so has turned the 6000 into a 5 or 4000 and not all video formate can be played back on it with this patch. I blamed myself for people using my list but think If the patch was known to have issues then a warning note should have been posted with it. In no way am saying it's a bad patch and think the work on it is amazing. I believe is the extra lines and all that which determines if you can safely load 4 or 5000 channels but certainly not 6000

general Martok
06-11-2013, 08:59 PM
If you use usb adapter you will not succeed it.

Thanks,
I have a USB so I am about to try with a null modem cable on com 1

might be worth updating the sticky with this info to avoid the pain I have had!
LOL
thanks again.

echelon
06-11-2013, 09:07 PM
there have been many threads on this forum over the last 10 years warning of the perils of using usb adapters with null modem cables

the advice has always been to use a proper pc or laptop with dedicated 9 pin com port built in, preferably running windows XP

that advice will never alter, I still have a hp desktop pc and an old HP laptop that can both do this as they are both xp and have standard FIFO com ports built onto the motherboards. these can and are used to reprogram boxes, routers and various other items in this manner

there is already a sticky thread about this in the spiderbox FAQ section

here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?158068-Com-port-setup

blackdevil
06-11-2013, 09:55 PM
I agree with the capacity part . I think this patch take a bit of room so has turned the 6000 into a 5 or 4000 and not all video formate can be played back on it with this patch. I blamed myself for people using my list but think If the patch was known to have issues then a warning note should have been posted with it. In no way am saying it's a bad patch and think the work on it is amazing. I believe is the extra lines and all that which determines if you can safely load 4 or 5000 channels but certainly not 6000

As you can see, this is a complicated issue .
We didn't realise this issue during our tests .
As i said before we 'll give new patch .

JOE.MADDISON
06-11-2013, 11:20 PM
I for one will now put off buying this box until problem is resolved,another concern is why rebuild software is so far in the past,xp is now in the past and usb has been around some time surely box makers should make repair via win 7 and 8 and usb a priority...I for one did away with xp products some time ago and I am not the only one..

echelon
06-11-2013, 11:30 PM
the usb option depends on the os working and requires working drivers too, so when its not working usb is useless, you will see this on most pc,s and laptops as well

the ancient comms system is tried and tested and not dependent on the os or any drivers so is a common and simple method of repairing devices with comms ports, its is probably the simplest and most efficient method of achieving a complete reinstall of an os and always has been (its a lot easier than a jtag too, or desoldering a bios chip , reprogramming it and resoldering it back in situ)

its also worth pointing out that this situation is not unique to the spiderbox 6000 , its been the same for over 10 years with technomate , samsung , dreambox , vu , icecrypt and dozens of other boxes and equipment, including non-sat boxes like routers and consoles etc

I have been using electric drills all my life but you still see carpenters using hand drills and hand saws etc to get quality products, I even saw a sculptor on tv this week throwing pots on a non-electric wheel and using that old ancient building material called clay, its also what Kevin McCloud was talking about with his man made shed in a field and then on the coast near Hinkley Point nuclear power plant in Somerset.

its no excuse to say you no longer have the tools required to do a job or task - that is a cop out - sorry

and in case you are wondering, I still have my tools from when I was an apprentice aged 16 , and have some of my great grandads carpentry tools from when he was a proper cabinet maker , carpenter and joiner over 100 years ago

sometimes the old ways are the best ways - so dont dismiss them

( you dont see the people on "the walking dead" or "revolution" dismissing the old trades or skills like crossbows , swords , knives and starting a fire with a swizzle stick !! - or Ray Mears for that matter )

you could own a rolls royce, but if it doesnt start you may still be on "shank`s pony" to go get a bottle of milk from the shops, so dont go throwing away your hiking boots just yet ;)

JOE.MADDISON
07-11-2013, 12:19 AM
FUNNY many years ago my boss waited for years for a rolls royce,when he got it it broke down 3 time in 3 weeks with a flat battery,and went back to the dealer 3 times to find fault ,the third time they had it for a week and told him they had finally found the fault ,a faulty switch in the glove box which did not turn the light off ,running the battery down.they returned the car to him, he refused it and bought a range rover,I also would have still got my old tools if someone had not broken into my van and stolen all of them. we can all live in the past but some manufacturer of these boxes must be able to make a usb to ...*** lead and give it as a part in the kit.my old xp gear is in some third world country,ups maybee they are making software for sat boxes..with it..

hianta
07-11-2013, 01:06 AM
I for one will now put off buying this box until problem is resolved,another concern is why rebuild software is so far in the past,xp is now in the past and usb has been around some time surely box makers should make repair via win 7 and 8 and usb a priority...I for one did away with xp products some time ago and I am not the only one..
This box Is well worth the money! If you don't want IPTV OR RSS OR 3G DONGLE SUPPORT then don't load the patch simple? If you do then make sure your channel list is between 4000 and 5000 until the the problem is sorted.
As for xp I run and rebooted on wind 7 and as already stated com port works for all boxes as most of us know from experience lol
So there is no need to worry about this box and like most boxes , If you don't think you need a patch .. don't load it.
Look at the positive side of things? We now have a recovery file for this box. ( thanks blackdevil)

den123
07-11-2013, 08:45 AM
This box is great. It's an adventure. And learning all about satelite. This is great when you get great help from all you guys. Thank you den

satpaul
07-11-2013, 10:41 AM
I am using a computer on XP with dedicated com port 1 and dont know what to put at the stage cant see it in pdfundefined

blackdevil
07-11-2013, 10:55 AM
I am using a computer on XP with dedicated com port 1 and dont know what to put at the stage cant see it in pdfundefined

Read instructions :

satpaul
07-11-2013, 11:56 AM
have read them does not mention which icon

blackdevil
07-11-2013, 12:10 PM
have read them does not mention which icon

1. Install HyperTerminal
2. Turn off STB
3. Connect RS232 Cable to STB and PC and execute HyperTerminal
4.Make new connection - make name
5.Select Com port
6.Set Speed and other (115200 – 8Bit – No parity – 1 StopBit – No HW control)
7. Press space on HyperTerminal every 0.5 seconds from the time when turn on STB,
8. When HyperTerminal shows the below picture on PC, then stop pressing space.
9. It shows to ask to select one of menu from 3 menus.
10. Select “2. Upgrade Application with Xmodem”
11.. Select menu->Transfer->Send File in HyperTerminal
12. Set protocol Xmodem and select “navi_s_326su.flash.gz.gro.s tp” and press Send button

hianta
07-11-2013, 12:23 PM

Makes no odd's what pic you chose or what name, you are just trying to make your computer talk/ link to the box. good luck.

satpaul
07-11-2013, 12:45 PM
still no luck tried on two computers and i have been doing stuff like this since 1996

hianta
07-11-2013, 01:01 PM
still no luck tried on two computers and i have been doing stuff like this since 1996

OK so you have a null modem com to com cable and are stuck at the first pop up in the prog?
I had a problem when I tried it first . It wanted me to open a telephone link and never gave me the option for a com link..
This was a download copy of Hyper Terminal I was using so to play safe started again, this time I downloaded the link from the recovery info. loaded and started it. gave it a name and yes up popped the com1 connection, changed it to the info provided, started it and connected box.. takes time to get it right the first time but works 100%

Mickha
07-11-2013, 01:05 PM
You have posted that you are using a PC with a dedicated Com port, and running XP, and you have tried 2 PC's, thus the next question is if the cable is correct and none of the connections have come loose.
Have you another cable you can try? Or another receiver/device you can try this cable on?

kieron56
07-11-2013, 06:50 PM
hi my box doing same did you sort it out

general Martok
07-11-2013, 07:36 PM
I have managed to get my box up and running again.
there is no network settings to put back in myclines and it does not want to read my usb any more. Help anyone?

den123
07-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Revert back to prevouse patch. Then all ok

general Martok
07-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Revert back to prevouse patch. Then all ok

I cant load the patch unless the USB is working..... :-(
OR do I have to load via the comm port like the restore file??

I can now see a cmd prompt in the hypertrm window

blueking
07-11-2013, 07:52 PM
I have managed to get my box up and running again.
there is no network settings to put back in myclines and it does not want to read my usb any more. Help anyone?

If you have done the recovery, then you need to patch it with later firmware now, then you will see the network menu again :)

I found that it upset my USB stick today, I couldn't backup channel list from the box anymore, all I did was copy the files off the stick to the PC as backup, reformatted the stick (I was using FAT32 before) and copied the files back to the stick and I had no more problems tonight.

den123
07-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Do a factory reset then load previouse patch then factory reset then try it

general Martok
07-11-2013, 08:01 PM
yes just formatted, no light on key. OK on PC, but nothing on box.
is there a command to make reinit / test USB socket?

It wont read activate the usb socket? any ideas without usb to put back the correct firmware?

I get an error message, usb device is not available

I am currently uploading 6/9 ptach by comms port.

don't know if that will make usb work.

satpaul
07-11-2013, 08:07 PM
tried two different ones

Rainhampete
07-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Still no luck for me. I've only got windows 8.1 with a com port and tried HyperTerminal and Putty. I assume that by space to press that means the space bar, or is that a silly question?

general Martok
07-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Still no luck for me. I've only got windows 8.1 with a com port and tried HyperTerminal and Putty. I assume that by space to press that means the space bar, or is that a silly question?

I have got it working with XP, win 7 and win 8 tablet.
XP with com one to NULL modem cable (pins 2/3 are crossed)
Win7 / 8 with USB com port (com 4) with null cable and downloaded hypertrm.exe

If I could just get the dam box to read a usb key now!

I can even see the command from the box and it sits there teasing me with CMD****

goonner
07-11-2013, 09:07 PM
I have got it working with XP, win 7 and win 8 tablet.
XP with com one to NULL modem cable (pins 2/3 are crossed)
Win7 / 8 with USB com port (com 4) with null cable and downloaded hypertrm.exe

If I could just get the dam box to read a usb key now!
did you try what blueking said
I found that it upset my USB stick today, I couldn't backup channel list from the box anymore, all I did was copy the files off the stick to the PC as backup, reformatted the stick (I was using FAT32 before) and copied the files back to the stick and I had no more problems tonight.

I can even see the command from the box and it sits there teasing me with CMD****
did you do what blueking said

general Martok
07-11-2013, 09:10 PM
At last all back up and running.
USB did not work because the onboard connection had become loose. Popped it back on the motherboard and all is hunky dory. (please do not attempt such things unless you are qualified!!!!!!

I used the last version of the channel editor to trim my channels to under 4,000.

So with a huge sigh of relief..... (got enter all my clines again! bummer!)

A big thanks to all that helped me.

I hope my posts helped you.

be persistant, don't get frustrated it will all work out in the end!

Rainhampete
08-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Following some previous posts Just checked the cable I've been using by doing a pin to pin check and found out that its not a null series cable but just straight pins! On the look out now for a null cable or adapter!

echelon
08-11-2013, 01:04 PM
you could easily make one yourself using some telephone or ribbon cable and 9 pin male D plugs (solder type or idc type)

or look on f bay where you can usually buy one cheap as chips

the null modem cable uses only 3 wires

pin 2 to pin 3
pin 3 to pin 2
pin 5 to pin 5

a straight wired serial cable will not work, it has to be a crossover cable (a null modem cable)

hianta
08-11-2013, 01:28 PM
a straight wired serial cable will not work, it has to be a crossover cable (a null modem cable)

Man I feel old! Been a long time since we talked about null modem cables lol .
When I got a hold of one I put it in a little glass box and hung It on the wall with the wording IN CASE OF EMERGENCY BRAKE GLASS.. Now I have another right beside it with a bottle of booze in it :eek:

echelon
08-11-2013, 03:17 PM
This box Is well worth the money! If you don't want IPTV OR RSS OR 3G DONGLE SUPPORT then don't load the patch simple? If you do then make sure your channel list is between 4000 and 5000 until the the problem is sorted.
As for xp I run and rebooted on wind 7 and as already stated com port works for all boxes as most of us know from experience lol
So there is no need to worry about this box and like most boxes , If you don't think you need a patch .. don't load it.
Look at the positive side of things? We now have a recovery file for this box. ( thanks blackdevil)

perhaps you have failed to take into account that although J.M has not got a 6000 he does actually own the two spiderbox 7000 and 9000 HD models, so unfortunately for him he does not seem to realise that he will need all this info to work if he ever gets the dreaded F100 boot error and needs to load in the recovery software on his older boxes

so its an accident waiting to happen, it just hasnt happened yet

what I do not understand is that he has had these possible issues for over 2.5 years with his old boxes and yet he has now decided its too much of a problem on the new 6000 , when in fact its the exact same old problem that didnt stop him buying the 7000 or 9000 in the first place !

recovery by null modem cable is common to every spiderbox, so for him to complain about using it on a brand new box when its already existed for 3 or 4 years with the older brothers that he already owns seems a strange comment to make if you ask me

its something we have all had to live with, if it happens , so its no different for the 6000 than it ever was for the 7000 or 9000 or 9900 or even the 5000

but yes you are correct in saying that we have yet another recovery option on all of these boxes including the latest one

JOE.MADDISON
08-11-2013, 04:30 PM
just renewed my vas.. sub fore 9000hd ...7000 not been used for some time (spare) also have technomate 6900hd combo,intermittent use...protek 9700,protek 9760,in use qbox hd,not in use.sky 1tb hd box,in use 3 sky hd boxes rebuilt the psu,s just for fun thompson type i upgraded the hdrive, old sd sky box in loft.original ecostar 1000 rotory tune box from the eighties,echostar 3600 and 3000 working but sent to scrapmam.cass 2 & 3 many cards and cams .including old removable eprom types, +++++ 6000 still on my wait and see list...

Mickha
08-11-2013, 06:30 PM
I know quite a few fans, of the old Echostar receiver, on the forums, that would have been very happy to get them off you, even if just to use to drive a 36v motor.
I'm still using my old Echostar 3600.

den123
08-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Off topic guys

hianta
11-11-2013, 11:35 PM
but yes you are correct in saying that we have yet another recovery option on all of these boxes including the latest one

Tut Tut If you are now getting jealous of a £70 box catching up with yours then na na na naaa na :respect-064: :D

echelon
12-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Tut Tut If you are now getting jealous of a £70 box catching up with yours then na na na naaa na :respect-064: :D

not saying that at all

I am saying that in the past we have had recovery files for the previous spiderboxes but there werent any for the 6000 , until now

the point being the set was incomplete before, and now its complete (and better for it)

my ACTUAL point was that joe wasnt wishing to buy a 6000 because it may involve a recovery using a null modem cable and he feels that is a step to far, whereas in actual fact its been a possibility ever since HE bought his other 2 spiderboxes over 2 years ago so its actually nothing new and nothing to be afraid of

ie:- it did not stop him buying a 9000 and a 7000 so why would it stop him buying a 6000 ? ?????

doesnt make sense

that is why you should have read ALL of my post and not just the bottom 2 lines and then quote them out of context

rodhull8863
18-11-2013, 09:51 PM
I had to reset my box using the null modem cable after updating....thought id bricked the thing and took me half a day of trawling internet before i found out how to on this forum.......so thanx guys.......was a fast learning curve but cracked it in the end...

echelon
21-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Hi got the box yesterday set it up working, sent custom channel list and unable to boot. Don't have null port but connected through usb to null got to send menu sent file to box it erased flash then started to write flash followed by unzip image start then app start booted blue amtc dvb screen then black screen nothing happening.

any help would be greatly appreciated

you need to find and use an xp or vista pc with a dedicated com port and forget using usb adapters

then try installing the repair file again using hyperterminal and the null modem cable

nb:- the file must be unzipped before flashing - so after you have downloaded it

Rainhampete
21-11-2013, 02:32 PM
I was successful with Windows 8.1 using hyperterminal and a full null modem cable. As soon as I plugged the cable in the script began.

echelon
27-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Hi couldn't get hold of a motherboard with a onboard coms port but got hold of a pci coms card should this work.

Thanks

it probably will yes, providing the drivers are installed for it

the pc wont realise its in a pci port instead of soldered to the motherboard

jbvid
28-11-2013, 06:47 PM
@sean2387
If your post #95 was using a PCi Card I would suggest trying the more guaranteed recovery option as mentioned by echelon in post #91, also more info in #52, #55, #62

Also Blackdevils link Here> https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164187-Recovery-instructions-for-HD6000&p=890560#post890560
jb

Chelseaboy1A
03-12-2013, 01:36 AM
Hi One and all. Thanks to all the guys that wrote the recovery instructions. I too thought my box was bricked until I discovered the fix on this forum. I'm over 60 and once I read through, connected through hyperterminal with null modem, it all went great. Took about 8 mins to flash but box working again. I had to do this as the box was turning on and off all of the time and would not boot. I was trying to load a channel list and then the problem occured. So thanks once again. Please advise what the most stable patch to use is, and also how to delete all of the channels on the box as it says full!!! I really only want the sly ones for now. Is there a quick way to delete all of the channels and just load 28 e. Thanks for all.

blackdevil
03-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Hi One and all. Thanks to all the guys that wrote the recovery instructions. I too thought my box was bricked until I discovered the fix on this forum. I'm over 60 and once I read through, connected through hyperterminal with null modem, it all went great. Took about 8 mins to flash but box working again. I had to do this as the box was turning on and off all of the time and would not boot. I was trying to load a channel list and then the problem occured. So thanks once again. Please advise what the most stable patch to use is, and also how to delete all of the channels on the box as it says full!!! I really only want the sly ones for now. Is there a quick way to delete all of the channels and just load 28 e. Thanks for all.

Use latest patch :
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164552-Spiderbox-Smartbox-HD6000-Patch-26-11-2013

After factory settings,there will be no channels .
Make a new list using channel editor :
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164629-6000-Channel-Editor-2-0-2-30-11-13