PDA

View Full Version : update help please for a new 6000 user

shellman
10-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Looking at the new patch detail - I would like to have a play, but am a bit worried before I start flashing new firmware. Which option do I load it from ? Do I just go into system settings - software update and load the new patch file using s/w upgrade ? I have noticed the four different types of save listed under the s/w backup option and remember reading somewhere on this forum not to load a file that has been backed up using "backup all" as this over-writes the MAC address thus preventing connection to IKS ? Or is the patch not a "backup all" type file ? Or do I go into the "OTA update" option ? Please help - my box was already flashed with the firmware to use IKS when I got it in August. Do I then have to reload my channel data file which I created using the channel editor ? This has around 4300 channels on it - and again I am a little worried after reading reports of people who have frozen the box with this, and have no desire to get into having to recover the box. Finally - how do I go about loading the new IPTV channels - can you get BBCiplayer etc..etc.. I don't really understand what all of the test files etc on the forum actually DO !! All in all thanks for what is an excellent box, with what seems to be excellent support - I bought it to replace my ageing (SD only !) MAXX 1000 which used to use the protek server, and would recommend it to anyone as great value for money....looks like even more so with this upgrade. Thanks again

chopper1
10-11-2013, 02:16 PM
save your channel list on USB pen

mostly with the help of Compass, see below

1.Go to Network settings & Turn Wireless off or select wired option
2.Go to Network & Turn CCcam, Newcamd & IKS off.
3.Factory Reset.
4. Load latest patch
5. Factory reset
6. Load Channel list
7. Go to Network settings & Turn Wireless On, scan for your wireless Network and enter wireless password & save
8. Go to Network & Turn CCcam, Newcamd & IKS on (if watching Slyuk leave IKS off until you need it) and vice versa

echelon
10-11-2013, 06:08 PM
members can open the IPT files in notepad plus (or wordpad) if they wish to know what is available

if you want to take a chance on this last patch , go ahead (using a usb stick and the usb menu for loading in the new patch), but nobody can guarantee your safety, so if it all goes pete tong then you will definitely have to use the null modem cable and repair file from a pc or laptop to get it up and running again

the choice to do so or not lies with each and every owner

if in doubt, wait for a new patch and check the feedback before committing yourself

backing up your channel list is essential as repatching the box and performing a factory reset will always mean you lose your channel list, hence you would have to reload it or use the new compass one