PDA

View Full Version : Question For The Channel Editor 6000

red5eddie
15-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Hi i just downloaded the channel editor and i think it is a super program (many thanks), after playing around with it, i have a few questions, first:
before downloading channels is it possible to select all the categories e.g. sport, drama, entrainment etc. for 28. east, and then select only the sport category
for my other 10 satellites and load them onto 1 user data base?

2nd when I'm deleting unwanted channels, do i have to delete each one separately or can i delete a whole lot together?

Thanks again, Eddie.

blueking
16-11-2013, 11:56 AM
No, the download filters are across all satellites, the idea is too reduce the number of channels below the 6000 channel limit at scraping time.

The best thing to do is enable sport in the download, then select each satellite that you don't want channels, change the sort type so all the sports channels are displayed together, then hold shift key down and select the first one and while still holding the shift key down click on the last sports channel to highlight all the channels at once, then right-click delete to remove the unwanted channels.

Be careful using the delete channel option in the fav channel list because deleting a fav channel will also remove it from the main satellite list, instead use the remove fav channel option to only remove it.

Take a look at the help pdf I wrote, it shows a screen shot marked up in red, these are the download channel filtering options, it is worth spending time creating your own fav lists, this is really quick now you can sort the channels then all you do is select all the channels you want to add to a fav at once, right-click add to fav.

red5eddie
16-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the help il give it a go and once again its a great program.