PDA

View Full Version : Blank screen after image load

karl1984
16-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Hi - yet another newbie asking for help...

Trying to load the BlackHole 2.0.7 image on to a VU+ Solo which arrived today. I formatted the USB stick to FAT32 format, added the image to stick on laptop (ensuring correct folder and files as per hda5 topic), I then:

- Inserted USB
- Light on front of box turned solid orange/red
- After one minute or so it then turned solid red
- It then starts flashing green so I remove the USB
- I then try to restart the box and although the tv recognises a signal, it is only showing a blank screen

I've tried reading the help topics and used search but no luck. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

mikie8
16-11-2013, 07:50 PM
is this box genuine or a clone ?

power cycle the box a couple of times , it should reboot to new image .

echelon
16-11-2013, 07:57 PM
you never mentioned this CRUCIAL part at all !

Power Off Solo
Insert USB Pen Drive in the front USB socket.
Power on Solo

nb:- the hda5 topic was in regards to installing the CFE update, not BH

the original install was written by Lee of goldwafers and concerned loading a vix image, not BH (although its probably the same procedure)

lastly, the latest BH solo file is either 2.071 or 2.072

here is 2.071 https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164320-Black-Hole-2-0-7-1-Vu-Solo

if its a clone, or hasnt had the CFE update installed, or both, then it probably accounts for why its not booting

karl1984
16-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Thanks for replies so far...

Just download the Vix image so will give that one a try. Will make sure the Solo is switched off before inserting USB and then power back on.

Couple of things -
- How do I perform a Power Cycle?
- Also, I read somewhere I made need to update bootloader? Not sure how I do that?

Also, does it matter that the red/orange light never flashes? I goes straight from solid to solid red and then flashing green.

mikie8
16-11-2013, 08:44 PM
power cycle just means to disconnect and reconnect the power supply , some boxes have a switch on the back to do this .

the bootloader update is the same way as an image .

orange means reading from usb , red means writing to flash , blinking green means flash finished ok .

echelon
16-11-2013, 09:13 PM
the bootloader CFE update (with link) is in the sticky dummies thread in the hda5 post you mentioned in post #1

I suspect you didnt do the task correctly in the sequence I mentioned from a total power off mode, which may be why your lights did not follow the correct sequence

in other words I thought you had inserted the usb stick whilst the box was powered up