PDA

View Full Version : setting up motorised?

chopper1
21-11-2013, 12:42 PM
just got the new 2nd box, done 2 factory resets, loaded patch, sorted wireless settings, loaded my own channel list from the channel editor, & IPTV all easy enough.
Now stuck on motorised, i was using diseq 1-2 with my other dish, how do i set up the 6000 for motorised, cannot see where to put longitude & latitude figures in?
help much appreciated

echelon
21-11-2013, 12:46 PM
already answered in previous threads , sticky thread tutorials like the ALDO setup guide and the TUTORIAL forum for spiderboxes on here too

chopper1
22-11-2013, 07:10 PM
thanks echelon i have followed the tutorials etc.
the problem being this 6000 is to replace my 7000 which has been set up motorised for Diseq, when i complete the tutorials and put in my coordinates i still have no signal on the new 6000.
I went to motor set up on my 7000 under Diseq 1.2 and made a note under command of the satellite position number of each of the satellites i have on my channel list, so if i select the same position numbers of each satellite on the 7000 i assume this will work ok in the 6000?
Chopper.

echelon
22-11-2013, 07:21 PM
thanks echelon i have followed the tutorials etc.
the problem being this 6000 is to replace my 7000 which has been set up motorised for Diseq, when i complete the tutorials and put in my coordinates i still have no signal on the new 6000.
I went to motor set up on my 7000 under Diseq 1.2 and made a note under command of the satellite position number of each of the satellites i have on my channel list, so if i select the same position numbers of each satellite on the 7000 i assume this will work ok in the 6000?
Chopper.

no, because diseqc v1.2 works on finding and storing each satellite manually, and always has done

usals works on you telling the box your gps location and it tells the motor where to go (if the motor is setup correctly - therefore if its NOT setup correctly it wont find anything)

therefore usals is easier and simpler to use, which is why it was developed in comparison to the more ***bersome diseqc v1.2 system which requires the user to find and store every satellite individually

usals can also be used easily when there is more than one receiver controlling the motor

using the numbers refers to controlling a vbox, which you are not doing

I would try using the 7000 in USALS mode and sort out the problem stopping it finding the satellites

then hook up the 6000 to the loop out on the 7000 , place the 7000 in standby and then check the 6000 works the same in its USALS mode

chopper1
22-11-2013, 07:41 PM
thanks echelon i can definettly see the advantage of using usals, i have tried to change to usals in the 7000 motor settings putting in my coordinates and saving but still no signal. Do i need to go to "command" where it says store sat position (pos 2 for hotbird) and change anything?
Chopper

echelon
22-11-2013, 08:02 PM
thanks echelon i can definettly see the advantage of using usals, i have tried to change to usals in the 7000 motor settings putting in my coordinates and saving but still no signal. Do i need to go to "command" where it says store sat position (pos 2 for hotbird) and change anything?
Chopper

no, as I said earlier, usals only needs your gps coordinates so you put in your latitude and longitude and save it

this tells the box where you are and tells the usals compliant motor where to go, so its like your satnav only needing your gps and your destination gps to work stuff out

assuming this has failed, your motor is not set up correctly (as I said earlier) , in which case select 0.8w (for the uk) and bbc world news or the music channel, which are fta , and see if you get them or not

if not, alter your longitude in 0.5 degree steps until you do get them , then alter in 0.1 degree steps until you peak the signal using the press info twice to double check

now write this down and compare to your actual gps longitude , subtract one from the other and you will find out how far your motor is "out" by and in which direction

what you would then do is set your gps back to what it should be , go outside and turn the motor physically left or right on its pole until you peak 0.8w and those channels, then lock up the motor

in other words, I believe your motor is not set correctly and is "out" by a few degrees in which case blame the idiot that set it up in the first place as its been "out" all that time ;)

Aldo
22-11-2013, 08:13 PM
In the 6000 receiver, this was the procedure I used:

Menu
Sat Settings - Right -> and Scroll Down to
Diseq & USAL's - then Press OK.
Scroll Down to Mode - Select Go to Sat - then Press Down arrow button which brings you to Go.
Then Down button again to get Set Location - Press OK.
Input Long & Lat settings
Save and Exit

I hope that this is of some help to you.

chopper1
22-11-2013, 08:18 PM
dont know whats going on echelon over 70% signal & quality on bbc world news & music channel so motor must be ok?
thanks

chopper1
22-11-2013, 09:53 PM
thanks Aldo i have carried this procedure out but have no signal, i am using the 6000 to replace my 7000 which was set up motorised diseq, is there only the usals option in the 6000?

echelon
22-11-2013, 10:02 PM
dont know whats going on echelon over 70% signal & quality on bbc world news & music channel so motor must be ok?
thanks

so are you saying that usals works ok swapping from sat to sat using the 7000 ?

echelon
22-11-2013, 10:53 PM
thanks

trouble is, you used diseqc v1.2 to do this and I wanted it done on the 7000 using usals, not diseqc

it may work ok in both (my 7000 works for both usals and diseqc v1.2) , so what I am trying to check is if the 7000 works ok using usals (we already know it works for you in diseqc)

if it doesnt work in using usals, then you have an alignment problem

if it does work ok in usals on the 7000, then you have a 6000 setup problem if it doesnt work on that 6000 using usals

chopper1
22-11-2013, 11:08 PM
no signal Echelon using usals in the 7000 so looks like an alignment problem

echelon
22-11-2013, 11:32 PM
yep , totally agree, which was my point earlier, and so has nothing to do with your 6000

now if you alter the 7000 gps in usals and get those 0.8w channels back , make a note of the best longitude setting for peak signals, compare it to your actual gps for your location, you will know how many degrees your dish and motor is "out"

then its a case of putting in the correct usals for your location, leaving it on bbc world news or that music channel, then swinging the motor left or right on the pole until you get the channels back, then lock it up

the people who set these motors up and dont know what they are doing just set them to 0.00 which only works if you are on the greenwich meridian , but is actually several degrees out if you are in liverpool or dublin or cork etc

the zero on your motor needs to point exactly true south of your gps position