PDA

View Full Version : Data Entry Problems

gripthong
22-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Hi All,

I cannot enter any numeric data via the remote (using ViX image) :eek: I've installed the latest 'non beta' drivers, and that made no difference. Would like to try a keyboard, but not sure what will work on it, or how to set it up for use. I can't put my Lat, Long settings for usals or store dish positions for DiSeq and I'm having to drive the dish round via positioner set up.

also...If I update the image do I loose all of my cam settings?

Thanks for any help.

echelon
22-11-2013, 03:54 PM
I dont have a solo2 (my lad does since last xmas) but I have never updated his box with any drivers, normally everything you need is in the image or the online update sorts it out, especially with vix , although sometimes with vix you have to start again

my only thought is that you should maybe start again, after ftping your cam settings etc to your laptop or your pc (backing up) and also backup settings (channel lists etc)

I usually ftp the plugins folder, various files from etc and bin and script, use dreamboxedit to backup my channel list, and try to remember any "extra" files needed for plugins or python or whatever

not used vix in over 9 months but either install the latest one or swap to one of the others like bh or vti or similar

its also probably best to use a new catseye list while you are at it too , or autobouqets

gripthong
22-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Hi Echelon,

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated. Looks like I'll have to start again then. Been a long time since I've used a linux based box, trying to get back up to speed with it. I have already uploaded the latest Catseye E2 settings. The problem first came up when I tried to enter the frequency of a transponder to scan, and I couldn't get the remote to "type" any numerals on screen, I could live with that, but it's a real pain to move the dish manually every time. Not sure whether a standard usb keyboard would work on the beast...I've not got a spare keyboard to try it out.

Best regards,

Thirsty
23-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Maybe try the remote control code settings under setup -system menu. Mine is set to 2 with text support activated.

gripthong
23-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Hi Thirsty,

Your a star m8...sorted thank you ;)

Best regards