PDA

View Full Version : picon question

iwols
24-11-2013, 01:23 PM
hi all finally got the picons working with help from you guys ,ive been using the 28east picons from @mmcmedia,but i am now trying to use picons for the rest of the satellites Picons by Nephilim,but cannot get these to work,just wondered if these are both compatable files for the vu+duo2 as they are both in the same dreambox section,after getting the @mmcmedia ones to work i deleted those from the memory stick and picon cache and extracted the Nephilim ones into the picon folder i had just used ,but they did not work,also is there software to make your own

echelon
24-11-2013, 01:35 PM
maybe they all need to be placed into the picon folder and not individual folders like 19e , 28e etc

try it and see

afaik these picons are compatible with ALL linux boxes , especially the HD ones, the fact that they are in the dreambox picon forum is because it predates the vu and clarke and technomate boxes

iwols
25-11-2013, 09:57 AM
thanks echelon tried that at the time,still didnt work ,ah well its not the end of the world,cheers though,what software did you use to make them cheers

echelon
25-11-2013, 10:06 AM
thanks echelon tried that at the time,still didnt work ,ah well its not the end of the world,cheers though,what software did you use to make them cheers

none, because I did not make them and I did not take the credit either as that would be plagiarism ;)

if you check the names on the picon posts you will see that one set was by mmcmedia , another set was by nephilim , another set was by rat and posted by compass, also compass posted a rats picon updater plugin too

so they were posted originally by

mmcmedia
nephilim
rat

all members on other forums, some are even mods and admins on said forums

I also may post many other files etc that are NOT made by myself and I always try to give the credit to the people I believe deserve it

as in the names of the original file posters , most of which you named in post #1 ;)

hope that helps