PDA

View Full Version : Internet Problem

daveviborg
27-11-2013, 02:43 AM
I've have had the Spiderbox about 3 months now and have no problem connecting to the internet using an ethernet cable from the superhub, but now in Network Settings/ Network Status it tells me I'm connected with 0% Quality. I've tried going wireless with a quality of around 50%. In network it IKS says connected but in Server Setup it has 00 cards connected. Hope I haven't broke any rules, but I'm stuck and would appreciate any help. Cheers

Roadrunner
27-11-2013, 07:23 AM
I've have had the Spiderbox about 3 months now and have no problem connecting to the internet using an ethernet cable from the superhub, but now in Network Settings/ Network Status it tells me I'm connected with 0% Quality. I've tried going wireless with a quality of around 50%. In network it IKS says connected but in Server Setup it has 00 cards connected. Hope I haven't broke any rules, but I'm stuck and would appreciate any help. Cheers
It does show 0% for everybody connected with ethernet cable, all it means its that you are connected with a cable, hence the 0% for wireless ( as you are NOT connected wirelesly) Your Iks is connected so there is nothing wrong with it either, as for your other server setup if it shows 00cards it means there is something wrong with your username/password so contact your peer (the server name and port number you have are correct if it connects but returns the 00cards)If you are using a free server it can also mean that you are using the same user/pass as someone else, making it useless for both of you, so pick another line.

daveviborg
27-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the reply Roadrunner but its a paid server, I've had no problems until the other night when it just went off.

den123
27-11-2013, 01:10 PM
some servers are being switch off

daveviborg
27-11-2013, 01:17 PM
So when I put the new patch on and I get the wifi logo in the menu has a red no sign but the logo with the bars has a red logo through it. Looks like the bars for internet on my laptop, if it had that on the laptop the internet would be off.

Den123:Would it not say the IKS not say not connected if the server was off?

hianta
27-11-2013, 03:13 PM
just to clear some things up could I ask you?
1. Can you go onto youtube in the box and can you see any clips / films?
2. you do understand the nature of these box's after loading any 3rd party software that a server can not quarantine that channels will remain unscrambled?
3. and lastly after you loaded the patch did you select "WIRED NETWORK" in the network settings in the multimedia section in the menu and fill in your password / details?

daveviborg
27-11-2013, 03:16 PM
The one on the right, should that not be unchecked?

hianta
1 Youtube does work
2 I understand
3 I chose wired connection and it automatically connected, I seen with a wireless connection it was coming up with a 50% signal strength but wired connection had 0%, but Roadrunner has cleared that up for me.

hianta
27-11-2013, 03:17 PM
The one on the right, should that not be unchecked?
no thats 3g connection

daveviborg
27-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Would a different IP address make a difference? The expire date still says it expires next November, so how would I now if they've stopped providing the service?
If I use an earlier patch would that change anything?
I'm lost here

echelon
27-11-2013, 05:37 PM
IKS would say "connecting" (or something similar like a failure notice) and would never connect, so will not say connected

it may not have the expiry notice either , due to not being connected

that is what happened on all the older spiderboxes

you can check the internet is working by checking you tube or u-pron or iptv

for iks you can check anything opened by iks bearing in mind you should use v*siks forum for iks discussions, not here

obviously any c or n line issues are between yourself and your provider, not a forum issue

yes you can go back to previous patches if you so wish, even to the point of starting again with the repair file and a null modem cable

daveviborg
27-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Youtube works/iptv has No Service

Roadrunner
27-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Let`s get one thing clear, is the Iks still saying connected? If yes then it is working and there is nothing wrong with that, if it went off it would say Login Failed and the Expiry date would disappear.

Now, The other server (Entirely different thing), the one that says 00 cards is a server that you have organized yourself, and if it stopped working then you need to contact whomever you have bought it from, because it looks like you have bad credentials . To confirm that turn the line off and on if it does show a green dot after your line but still shows 00 cards it means the username was changed and as above , you need to contact the person who sold you the line. No patch is going to change anything

jbvid
27-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Hi @daveviborg
I'm lost also, are you talking IKS or your line provider off? Read Roadrunners reply in post #2. Also the 50% signal does not sound good to me.
beat me rr
jb

echelon
27-11-2013, 05:47 PM
more or less what I thought but I dont own a 6000 so could never be sure

thanks for clarifying those details roadrunner

I agree that 50% signal is poor too

daveviborg
27-11-2013, 05:50 PM
The IKS says connected, the Expiry Date says --/11/2014. The server has all his details but 00 cards with no green light.
When I 1st got the box the wireless was more or less 100%, thats why I was asking about the patches

Just to add the PS3 which is underneath the box gets 100% wireless- I've just checked
And just checked the box and its between 52 and 57%

Roadrunner
27-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Contact the guy who sold you the line then, It would appear that he took your money and did a runner, I hope not and it still could be a port number change or something like that but you won`t know until you contact him. Also make sure you are using the right protocol for your line, don`t know if its CCcam or Newcamd you have there but make sure you select the right one (its a long shot I know..)

daveviborg
27-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Haha Manic, Sorry mate didn't mean to confuse you, I thought if the expiry date and all his detail are still there then it must be at my end. No chance of that Roadrunner I got it at an ******* site, when he sold me the box, he sold me the year of coverage, and has disappeared. My own fault.
I've turned it off at the mains for a bit, see if it comes back on after that.
Thanks for the help people

echelon
27-11-2013, 06:13 PM
sounds like that is what has happened to most of us that have read the thread too

no guarantees of the 12 months ever happening, give you a few weeks and cut you off, illegal service so you havent got a leg to stand on and no legal rights to any "service" either as there canoot be a legal contract in place for something illegal

all they have to do is wait until after the required complain by day is up to stop you reporting it to the ee bay or to p@y p@l

seems to me you will have to write it off to experience if the box is working apart from the c or n line