PDA

View Full Version : TomTom One v3 edition 1 GB model

echelon
28-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Hi

I have bought a second hand tomtom one v3 edition 1 gb model with navcore 8.010 installed and WE 715_1689 maps loaded from the usual @uct*on site ;)

all seems ok, so downloaded the latest tomtom home and backed it up first as per the stickies

updated it online with tt home , deleted the maps folder and added the latest maps and postcode files from https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164495-United-Kingdom-and-Republic-of-Ireland-v920-5267-map

patched the system file with the newest alberts activator using step 6, and also patched the new maps as well

put some POI files into the maps folder too

all seems ok so far

looked through the files here and cannot see any updated speed cameras to put on it into the maps folder ?

or is there some for any other folder ?

any other stuff I can check or add ?

like newer navcores etc ? (found one or two already on the forum here)

I do have some voices so might but some of those on too

thanks

EDIT

1930 hours

added the newer navcore Navcore-9-170-for-32Mb-ONE-models-by-mark-cat https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?158689-Navcore-9-170-for-32Mb-ONE-models-by-mark-cat

changed the default language to English UK and then copied over voices and zip folder etc too

seems ok at the moment

Russell1
28-11-2013, 08:38 PM
The latest available pgpsw are over a year old now.
If you are using the later v9 navcore versions you should be able to use the maps with ALG & IQ Routes :)

echelon
28-11-2013, 08:40 PM
ok, so can somebody quickly explain how I get those speed cameras with the newer maps ?
(with and/or without a patched navcore)

this is the part I fail to grasp at all at the moment

=================================

ps:- tried this v https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164588-Navcore-v-9-510-%28SE%29-amp-Navcore-v-9-530-%28SE%29 and it fails to boot up

checking the folders inside it actually says its 9530 for some strange reason

gone back the the one posted by doodz for now

added the newer navcore Navcore-9-170-for-32Mb-ONE-models-by-mark-cat https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?158689-Navcore-9-170-for-32Mb-ONE-models-by-mark-cat

changed the default language to English UK (after spending ages working out which was the language changer icon in settings) and then copied over voices and zip folder etc too

seems ok at the moment

Russell1
28-11-2013, 10:07 PM
If you want to use the files I've posted here -
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?159029-UK-Zoned-Speed-Camera-Files-24-10-12

copy all of the .OV2 & .BMP files into the map folder.

Don't know about problems with the patched navcores sorry -
I just use the official version with my Go730 & then patch it. Best advice is to stay with the 9.170 as it is working for you.

echelon
28-11-2013, 10:26 PM
thanks , I will do that

when I updated the TT using v8 official navcore 8.010 it said it was updating the safety cameras in tomtom home

now its patched navcore it doesnt want to let me download anything

so on your official navcore tomtoms, do you get free 2013 cameras direct from their site ?

if not, what updates yours ? or do you still use the 2012 ones ?

thanks

dOOds
28-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Latest Speed Cams Bud...

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?158688-Latest-Safety-UK-Cameras&p=893029#post893029

Russell1
28-11-2013, 11:35 PM
thanks , I will do that

when I updated the TT using v8 official navcore 8.010 it said it was updating the safety cameras in tomtom home

now its patched navcore it doesnt want to let me download anything

so on your official navcore tomtoms, do you get free 2013 cameras direct from their site ?

if not, what updates yours ? or do you still use the 2012 ones ?

thanks

Don't get any free ones from Tomtom, I'm still using the 2012 ones I posted on here.

echelon
28-11-2013, 11:40 PM
thanks

ok , next silly question

do I use the ones posted by doodz , or yours , or can I add both ?

ie:- I would not want an old one overriding a newer one , but will add both if that is possible ? (or necessary ?)

Russell1
28-11-2013, 11:49 PM
I've never tried the Tomtom ones that doodz has posted, I would think it is possible to add them both, but would probably get two warnings for most cameras. No harm in trying though, if you find you prefer one set to the other then just delete the ones you dont want.

echelon
29-11-2013, 12:59 AM
thanks , I have no idea if they will conflict, time will tell , lol

looking at the pdf downloads for this model it doesnt appear to have an sdcard slot ? is that correct ?

I am sure my lads older tom tom has an sdcard in it but I think this one cannot be expanded, in which case you are correct, I cannot have maps greater than 1 gig on it , the western europe one it came with was about 0.9 gig !!

Russell1
29-11-2013, 08:15 AM
I'm fairly sure yours will not have an SD card, so if you are ever likely to want to use it in Europe, then keep a copy of the original map. Now you have got a v9.170 navcore on it you should be able to use the latest UK & RoI map with the IQ Routes & ALG etc...

echelon
29-11-2013, 05:20 PM
ok , tried 920.5241 UK +IRE maps with alg and it gives an error message about 849 not supported

so gone back to map 920-5267 with no alg

navcore v9.170 (patched)

Russell1
29-11-2013, 07:55 PM
No idea at the moment sorry mate, if I find anything out I'll let you know.

dOOds
29-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Bud i have exactly the same 1gig V3 and am running...

United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ir eland_915_5074 (lane guidance ect)

with patched 9170 navcore...works a treat..

Put my speed cameras in the map folder....all the uk ones and overwrite if asked..they are up to date and this guys speed cam packs are spot on..Premium ones and normal are in there...put them all in..

Hope this helps...

Xtra...That map probably doesnt have a m*ta yet so wont activate..get the one i said with 9170 and all perfect

xtra Xtra..lol.....Also they dont have a sd card its built in...1 gig....but navcore space is less...

Phew i should read everthing people say then i wouldnt have to alter my post numerous times..Wake up dOOds..lol

echelon
30-11-2013, 01:16 AM
thanks doodz, that all works a treat here in the house , lol (alg maps as quoted above)

might try that newer map too but leave the other 2 on there as its not full yet !!

thanks for all the other info, it really helps , especially the cameras bit as welll

Russell1
30-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Xtra...That map probably doesnt have a m*ta yet so wont activate..get the one i said with 9170 and all perfect

That v920.5241 UK & RoI map has got a me ta & I am using it on my Go730. Still don't know why ech is having a problem with it. If you get chance - can you try it on yours please doods.

echelon
30-11-2013, 10:55 AM
yes it does have a me ta and alberts activator goes all green and patches it no problem

I have tried it 3 times and it normally locks up the tomtom on the boot screen which means I have to press the reset button underneath (as it wont turn off or connect to pc) and connect the laptop usb cable so that it interrupts the boot and gives pc access

deletion of the map folder allows me to add or use one of the other 2 working maps and its all back to normal again

I currently have 2 UK + ROI patched maps on it and can switch between them easily (with and without ALG etc)

I am impressed with the new alberts activator too !!

I dont mind using the ALG map doodz mentioned as it all seems ok on this navcore 9 he posted , also added the recent speed cams he posted too

so all in all a good result, even if I cannot use the latest ALG its no great loss , just puzzling ;)

thanks for all the help on this, my youngest has an old tomtom so might try updating his next (not sure of model number but it may be a one V1 edition with sdcard)

thanks

dOOds
30-11-2013, 11:58 AM
You could try fastactivate...I find that the best tool...Put that on device...I can get it if you cant find it matey..

echelon
23-02-2015, 09:13 AM
Bud i have exactly the same 1gig V3 and am running...

United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ir eland_915_5074 (lane guidance ect)

with patched 9170 navcore...works a treat..

Put my speed cameras in the map folder....all the uk ones and overwrite if asked..they are up to date and this guys speed cam packs are spot on..Premium ones and normal are in there...put them all in..

Hope this helps...

xtra Xtra..lol.....Also they dont have a sd card its built in...1 gig....but navcore space is less...

ok silly question time again

not updated my tomtom one v3 - 1 gig (no sd card) since this was posted, so do you have any idea which (if any) maps I should be using now on it please ?

the navcore is 9.170

from here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?158689-Navcore-9-170-for-32Mb-ONE-models-by-mark-cat

the maps are the ones above - United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ir eland_915_5074 (lane guidance ect)

from here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?162961-United-Kingdom-and-Republic-of-Ireland-v915-****-Maps

had a look at the lates pictures russ posted (no me ta files yet though for those, so was wondering if anyone has updated their tt one from 915-5074 and to which later maps with me ta file ?

thank you

Russell1
21-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Would think that the v945.6174 should work ok for you - here's the me ta file info (remove the space in me ta) (also remove the space that has appeared in both of Ireland)

51 41 4D 87 F6 61 33 C9 14 69 12 97 DF 3C 9E F0 United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ir eland-100262.me ta ; United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ir eland 945_6174

Just make a copy of your existing map folder before you delete it from your Tomtom in case you do have any problems.

echelon
24-05-2015, 12:10 PM
thanks

I never got around to trying that one but have just updated to the latest one you posted on my tomtom one v3

I backed up all the files and folders first to my laptop hdd, including the POI`s and speedcams from the map folders , and the full map folders and also the voices folder and zip folder etc

I also copied the fastactivate files over to the root of the device and ran it from windows explorer, updated the me ta first and then patched the tomtom

then I copied the POI files and speedcams etc back to their folders

I also copied over the new postal files to the zip folder on the root directory too

so should work on any tomtom one v1 to v4 , with or without sdcard

info below

United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland v950.6492 (May 2015) 254mb

For navcore versions 9.01* & higher.
ALG, IQ Routes, Cspeech, ASR & HNR

echelon
24-05-2015, 12:53 PM
for some reason I only get the default voices now, including "foreign" ones

the celebrity ones I was using are in the voices folder but dont appear in my list to choose from

I chose the default uk one , Jane (or is it Kate ?) , and that seems to work , as do the other default english speaking ones

edit, I backed up the exising voices folder yet again, then deleted it

I then copied over my backup and that works ok, so its the same old issue of when patching the device the voices folder gets messed up

that backup is uploaded here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?165753-Need-help-with-your-Tomtom-Read-this-before-asking-for-help&p=932327&posted=1#post932327

all working ok now

Russell1
24-05-2015, 03:31 PM
I have not used any of the celebrity voices for some time now, I just use the computer UK English voice Kate as you get a bit more info with it. Good to hear you've got the latest map working :)