PDA

View Full Version : HD6000 wont store sats

rickt
28-11-2013, 11:19 PM
A m8 of mine is having trouble with his HD6000 . When setting up the satellites , the red ticks are to the left of the chosen sats . After moving the dish and storing as 1,2,3 etc . He finds there is nothing in the sat list .When pressing the blank grey button on the handset there is only all satellites listed at the top of the screen , Thor ,Hotbird & Astra are the ones he found and stored but none are listed . I've have tried all ways myself using the guides from this site but nothing seems to correct the problem . Where are we going wrong ?

dave d
28-11-2013, 11:42 PM
just found the same problem when i go to manual scan just shows 3 sats yet all the sat are there

rickt
29-11-2013, 12:01 AM
I just dont like the 6000 model compared to my 9000 . The menu system is totally different and not user friendly at all .

Aldo
29-11-2013, 12:27 AM
I just dont like the 6000 model compared to my 9000 . The menu system is totally different and not user friendly at all .

Maybe you should have read more of other users comments on this forum before deciding to purchase the 6000 receiver, and it would appear that you are in the minority of users that have aired their comments on comparisons between the 6000 and the 9000 receiver.

blueking
29-11-2013, 01:25 AM
First ensure your on the latest version of the firmware.

We have reported this issue, it also effects the box after loading a channel list created using the channel editor.

The way I understand the problem, if after doing a factory reset, the box trys to enable three of the most common SATs, but if change any of the default sats positions by deleting or moving around there location in the sat list or by creating you own custom channel list, then when the box tries to enable the three SATs by index number, the SATs it enables are the wrong ones, and so you see the unused SATs name appear when trying to view the channels or during an attempt to start a scan.

I wish they would simply remove this default of trying to enable 3 SATs, its not needed and is confusing to new users as its done by index and not by sat position.

The workaround is to walk down all the SATs and enable the SATs your interested in viewing or scanning by going into the Satellite Setting menu and pressing OK button so you see a Red tick, this shows that the sat is enabled, and you must disable the other SATs in the list!

To test that you have enabled the right SATs, press the sat button on the remote to list the enabled SATs, this is the blank button under the Vol buttons. Also sometimes you got to restart the box using the power button before the enabled SATs show correctly.

Also after loading a custom channel list created using the editor, you MUST always check all the SATs to check which ones are enabled and also importantly check the LNB setting because the box also trys to change some of the SATs to be c-band frequency of 5150 instead of 9750/10600.

I also have both the 9000 and 6000, and I must say the 6000 takes some time to get used to, but its the 6000 I use all the time now, its great value and runs really cool, and picture on HD channels are amazingn and stable using a line, I recomend putting in the time to understand how the box ticks and then you will really begin to like the box, and when you get into the PC channel editor you be able to create your very own custom channel lists that will automatically keep themselves up to date, and there are some new features that you will like coming soon...

rickt
29-11-2013, 01:53 AM
Many thanks blueking for your reply .Much ,much more informative than the reply on post 4 .

He should of read my post more thoroughly to notice I didn't purchase a HD6000 , my m8 did and I was only trying to help him set it up .

blackdevil
29-11-2013, 07:51 AM
The red tick is like an example and nothing more .
If a user cannot see this red tick, how will he think that to enable a sat must press OK ?
You just have to make your setup at the beggining and that's it . Maybe one more time when you use the channel editor .
At my opinion Spiderbox HD6000 menu are very user friendly ,maybe except the part of motor settings that has a small difficulty .
You can compare it with enigma,spark,Ali chips menu etc.

EXTRAFACTO
29-11-2013, 11:24 AM
this worked for me...out of box or after a factory reset...3 sats have ticks...
i took ticks out...selected one sat...28e then put in my long and lat...scanned that satallite...
then i clicked store position...
then i selected another sat...19e...scanned it in...stored it...and so on for all sats i use
hope this helps