PDA

View Full Version : E2 debate

harddriver
29-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Hi

But Note:
VU+ can only handle the OLD OE 1.6!! the new OE 2.0 only Work
on Original Dreamboxes.
Also, the prices in england are much higher than in the rest of Europe.
i donīt know why

echelon
29-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Hi

But Note:
on Original Dreamboxes.
i donīt know why

I find this a very strange statement to make, considering I actually OWN a duo and am running oe2.0 E2 on it using BH 2.05 and that BH 2.073 is out , again running oe2

where do people get these ideas from ?

I do agree that my vu duo can run oe 1.6 , but I moved away from that over 9 months ago

the fact that the image starts with a 2 , ie 2.01 , 2.02 , to 2.073 is because it runs OE 2.0

the python being 2.7

/usr/lib/enigma2/
/usr/lib/python2.7/

it also uses E2 channel lists like the catseyes ones too

you can also fit an internal 3.5 inch sata hdd if you wanted to, whereas many other boxes like the solo2 can only accept a 2.5 inch laptop sata hdd internally , all depends what you want really

I would recommend using a usb stick at the back for picons and epg data downloads etc , as well as an internal hdd

harddriver
29-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Hi

Are you sure?
Iīm not cause Fact is DMM Closed the source for OE 2.0
and be sure that VU can handle only OE 1.6 no matter what they
gave the Box for Numbers Open-Pli for exampel has 3.xxxxx
I can give the image any number that I want during the compilation
and afterwards in the settings :)
So my Statement isnt Strange itīs only the Fact and nothing else

saintomer1866
29-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Hi Harddriver,
yes Echelon is quite sure and correct
so i would suggest that your information is not 100% right im affraid
Whilst you are right in pointing out that dmm OE 2.0 is now closed source, most of the image Teams now do there own version of it
which is why there is now some problems with compatability between between different images
I run openPLi 4 on my Vu+ (solo2) which is most definitely not OE 1.6

getting back on topic,
imho solo2 is great value for money
St.O

harddriver
29-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Hi

OpenPli Supports DMM Boxes and Stop the Support on the V2 Modelīs.
And be sure i know what iīm talking about all Images you can use
on a VU Box are based on OE 1.6
As i wrote in my previous Post they can give out Numbers what ever they want
but fact is do to the Closed source NO VU Team can build Images
based on OE 2.0 you my belive this or not but that is a Fact.
Ask Henksat from Pli or Matrix10 from VU+ Support Board if they are honnest
they will tell you the same that i try to Tell you here.
But anyway ............... think and belive what ever you want

sonic1
29-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Hi

But Note:
on Original Dreamboxes.
i donīt know why
Utter rubbish, get your facts right before you post again.

sonic1
29-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Hi

OpenPli Supports DMM Boxes and Stop the Support on the V2 Modelīs.
And be sure i know what iīm talking about all Images you can use
on a VU Box are based on OE 1.6
As i wrote in my previous Post they can give out Numbers what ever they want
but fact is do to the Closed source NO VU Team can build Images
based on OE 2.0 you my belive this or not but that is a Fact.
Ask Henksat from Pli or Matrix10 from VU+ Support Board if they are honnest
they will tell you the same that i try to Tell you here.
But anyway ............... think and belive what ever you want
Again misinformation, OpenPli do no support DMM any more, they will continue to support old GIT but there will be no further support for OE2.0 by DMM

sonic1
29-11-2013, 09:33 PM
http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/board/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=18426

I may have a load on my plate but it takes very little to read and keep up to date.

harddriver
29-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi

Read the Home Page from Pli
before you want pixx on my Leg
Iīm long enough in the scene to know what
is right and what is Crxx and Crxx is what you Post
Inform you before annoing me

Edit:
And what you say to the other things?
You are at the BlackHole Team so you you have to knowe that iīm right with
the OE

hianta
29-11-2013, 09:38 PM
This is why everyone should buy a spiderbox 6000Hd . You just switch on and load a patch. No hunting images ,software or play hunt the file I just loaded (no room in this box to lose anything). Everyone would be happy then :D

sonic1
29-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Don't understand you, Openpli have given up on DMM fact
http://openpli.org/

OE 2.0 is not closed and never has been, do you know the basic differences between OE 1.6 and OE 2.0 ? I doubt it.

Don't embarrass yourself any more.

ekko star
29-11-2013, 09:44 PM
hi all, this has probably been asked loads of time on here, but my spiderbox has given up the ghost, so i need a new box my dilema which box, do i budget buy or splash out, so my question what is the best buy, been told enigma2 is a must have.

your thoughts and opinoins most welcome

If you've had a Spiderbox then you would already know E2 is not necessarily a must have. However, if you are now technically more adept then an E2 box is probably good progression.

As for boxes it's horses for courses. There's a range of E2 boxes to suit all budgets ....clones right through to top end originals. The best bet is to stick with the brands that get the best image support and in that regards Dreambox and Vu always come out ahead.

STB's can be a funny market and you can never dictate what people should or shouldn't buy Original/Clone so each to their own. Personally, I don't condone clones but not hard to see why people get tempted and go for them.

A clone VU Solo would set you back xxx , clone Dreambox DM800SE ~ xxx, clone Vu Solo2 ~xxx

Genuine originals would be in the region of double/treble those original prices.

harddriver
29-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Hi

With the decision of Dream Multimedia to abandon open source for their STB’s, our motivation for dealing with the consequences of that has dwindled.

This has gotten to the point that we are no longer willing to apply Dream Multimedia specific patches, which is why we do not support their v2 STB hardware.

Because current OpenPLi users with Dream Multimedia STB’s expect support from us, we feel the need to make our position clear.

We have decided that:

- We will stop fixing Dream Multimedia specific bugs for existing DMM boxes;
- We will not support the “v2″ series of Dream Multimedia STB hardware, like the 7020HDv2 and 800SEv2;
- We will not support future Dream Multimedia STB hardware they may release;
The Dream Multimedia hardware currently supported by OpenPLi will remain active in our automated build environment, which means images will be generated and
feeds will remain available, until we get to a point that this is no longer possible without intervention. At that point, we will effectively stop with all support.
The Support is still there
And yaeh itīs better to Stop talking to a guy which first Support DMM Boxes and
than let itself buy from VU
and my friend i know a lot more than you imagine about the Blackhole Team

sonic1
29-11-2013, 09:53 PM
This is why everyone should buy a spiderbox 6000Hd . You just switch on and load a patch. No hunting images ,software or play hunt the file I just loaded (no room in this box to lose anything). Everyone would be happy then :D

Only slight problem is the one darkman is having supporting these box's, doubt the long term future is guaranteed.

ekko star
29-11-2013, 10:08 PM
The Spider6000HD is great value and it's certainly eeked everything it can out of the Novatek chipset with IPTV functionality. We live in a disposable society and unfortunately the other side of the 6000HD is I think it also brings the throw away concept into the STB market.

hianta
29-11-2013, 10:32 PM
The Spider6000HD is great value and it's certainly eeked everything it can out of the Novatek chipset with IPTV functionality. We live in a disposable society and unfortunately the other side of the 6000HD is I think it also brings the throw away concept into the STB market.

I agree that there is not a lot you can do with these box's but It fills a gap in the market for the punters. At the price it's at, It can still welcome the newbies into this hobby and show them the basics. Until the coding system changes again I would say this little box will remain a star!
I only really posted jokingly because it seemed to be more like Harry Hill (Fight) Than what's a good buy?

ekko star
29-11-2013, 10:56 PM
I only really posted jokingly because it seemed to be more like Harry Hill (Fight) Than what's a good buy?

A 'good buy' is a very subjective thing and much depends on budget and user requirements. For someone wanting twin tuner and enigma 2 functionality then the 6000HD is not entirely suitable.

For example an Original Solo2 can be considered a very good machine....but then if a clone Solo2 can be had cheaper , what you consider a good buy becomes rather clouded.

harddriver
29-11-2013, 11:24 PM
Hi

I have a private chat with Sonic 1 and we have we have resolved ambiguities.
He gave me some Explains which causes some confusions for example
that the early OE 2.0 Releases are not closed so VU use that early Release.
So I apologize to everyone here on the thread explicit to sonic1

echelon
29-11-2013, 11:25 PM
I agree that there is not a lot you can do with these box's but It fills a gap in the market for the punters. At the price it's at, It can still welcome the newbies into this hobby and show them the basics. Until the coding system changes again I would say this little box will remain a star!

its only a fight because the guy didnt get his facts right !!

lots of people have told him he is wrong and I even posted the paths on my box to the E2 and python sections, but he believes in the fairies and that is his prerogative

what he doesnt understand is that we do not allow fiction here on our forum , and his statement is completely incorrect when he says that the vu boxes dont have E2 images, this is proved when you consider THOUSANDS of people have E2 on their vu boxes , including me

he is calling us liars, which just isnt on !!!

so am I sure mine has E2 on it - errrrr - YES

did I post the paths to show E2 on it - errr - YES

was I correct in saying that the images we run or now E2 on the vu ? --- errrr - YES

END OF STORY

The OP can make his mind up between buying the spider 6000 , the vu , or whatever he likes , my lad bought the solo2 and has E2 on that too (BH)

DARKMAN
29-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Hi

Read the Home Page from Pli
before you want pxxx on my Leg
Iīm long enough in the scene to know what
is right and what is Cxxx and Cxxx is what you Post
Inform you before annoying me

Edit:
And what you say to the other things?
You are at the BlackHole Team so you you have to knowe that iīm right with
the OE

Can you please stop talking one conversation has no thing to do with thread !?
And please forward your doubt in new thread on this forum.

Can you explain in New thread the difference between OE 2.0 DMM and OE1.6 fist and after the difference between OE 2.0 DMM and OE 2.0 for VU,
Because haw you can say some one change numbers when the compilation the image same one can say same for DMM OE 2.0. too.

if you explain by facts and data those two differences will be OK, if you can,t please ask your the people you Honest people you Nominate to do so..If no one answer please better stop confusions...Does not matter haw long you can be in this scene, what is really matter is the propose of your post !..

In forum are not only genuine members, but are even people with Agenda ... some one like sell or advertise some one buy some one help and some misled and some **** of some one and etc etc .

If you really like clarify much your self with 31 posts here tell what is your agenda if you have one !? if is to tell people true go in right section and explain what did i ask you..I thing i been clear with this.

@ Other members with different agenda..
In mean Time even some body else be carefully when talking about Vu plus or Spiderbox or DMM we are talking for originals and not Copy ...if i be admin i will BAN any one who will even start talking or recommend copy's here...
Because no one here know what really is sacrificing the sponsor to sell for example 199 pound a LEGENDARY stb Like Vu Duo for that price adding VAT and Tax and warranty.( some one can compare with copy with No VAT no Tax from some Chinese phantoms dirty basters this is not fear)

Again to come back to thread..
Get the offer is Best offer in the World for that STB now..( always talking for genuine boxes)

harddriver
29-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Hi

First of all Read Post 24
Second of course you will sell your Boxes and Sell your Lines too as you do it
for years and if anything change? xxxx happens buy a new Box from you thats how you Work since years
If itīs from Interesst for you i Start in the Scene 2006 at JKF Board and im a Mod there as the Board was Board
this is enough from me now as you said it right
to the Thread opener i would recommend you Org DMM Box itīs the Best choice

hianta
29-11-2013, 11:50 PM
A 'good buy' is a very subjective thing and much depends on budget and user requirements. For someone wanting twin tuner and enigma 2 functionality then the 6000HD is not entirely suitable.

For example an Original Solo2 can be considered a very good machine....but then if a clone Solo2 can be had cheaper , what you consider a good buy becomes rather clouded.

I was referring to OP..
But Yes agree with you Its a hard choice to make. I was there myself only recently and was looking for cheep and easy. Was pointed towards the 6000HD and glad I did . So thank's Satpimps and goldwafers.
and sorry To the OP for going on. I said my view to what's good for me so good luck.....

DARKMAN
29-11-2013, 11:57 PM
Only slight problem is the one darkman is having supporting these box's, doubt the long term future is guaranteed.

Personal attacks are not nice mate...Trust me not gave you honor to you.
I never nominate You or one else even i do not know if you exist or not...

Darkman support spider or not you do not know that,not your business,but much better you should not know you talk to much..Haw you do not know Darkman support more then YOU Vu + and KR Manufacture is in their back too .But haw i say you should not know all and mean time this is not your business..

Please keep in topic and leave Darkman out of this story..

if you have any technically or advice questions or answers , please do it.

have a fun ..

ekko star
29-11-2013, 11:59 PM
Hi to the Thread opener i would recommend you Org DMM Box itīs the Best choice

Yes the Original Dreamboxes remain an excellent choice.

Credit where credit is due if it wasn't for them there would be no Enigma or Enigma 2 or pretty much the Sat scene as it exists today. If you look at the lineage of Enigma based STB's there is an argument to say everything/something has been cloned from Dream Multimedia somewhere along the line.

echelon
30-11-2013, 12:02 AM
clones and clone prices discussions will not be tolerated on satpimps

we have always held the view that clones are poor quality and people should buy original products from trusted sellers

therefore those posts will be edited out

please keep the topic about genuine boxes only

also, all swear words and threats will be edited out too !!!

its now a level playing field for technical discussion in a reasonable manner only

ekko star
03-12-2013, 02:53 AM
Hi

But Note:
on Original Dreamboxes.
i donīt know why

There is actually a very valid argument that E2 boxes are in fact clones of Dreamboxes from somewhere along the line. It's a difficult one to get away from and that includes VU boxes themselves. The Duo for example was a take on the Dreambox.

Secondly, it's probably a valid question as to why prices in the UK should indeed be higher than the rest of Europe?

The two are inextricably linked and the OP has certainly posted interesting questions.

mikie8
03-12-2013, 04:11 AM
There is actually a very valid argument that E2 boxes are in fact clones of Dreamboxes from somewhere along the line. It's a difficult one to get away from and that includes VU boxes themselves. The Duo for example was a take on the Dreambox.

Secondly, it's probably a valid question as to why prices in the UK should indeed be higher than the rest of Europe?

The two are inextricably linked and the OP has certainly posted interesting questions.

not valid at all.

a clone is a copy without any original design , clones may include corner cutting in design to save cost of manufacture , the vu clone psu's are a good example of bad cost cutting and component downgrading

the vu+ range is in no way a copy of the dream box design , compatible is some ways but not a copy and no corner cutting in manufacture either .

the dm800 was good but is now a dated design , the VU+ range may not be the market originators but they are leading the market today .

the price may be higher from uk stores as uk stores have higher overheads like rent and power to consider .