PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox hd6000 advice please

glyndwr
06-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Hi all,

been out of the sat scene for a while since my last receiver died on me with another psu failure.

Anyhow, does the hd6000 come with the same type of features that the older versions used to come with, i dont want to break any rules so i wont ask specifics.

I did try to phone our sponsor to get some advice but in all fairness just referred me back here, any advice greatly appreciated before i take the plunge and get one.

I used to have a dreambox, 2 ipboxes all linux based to used to playing with cams and files, these all have suffered psu failures in all of them and havent bothered for about 2 years, so any advice much appreciated.

Many thanks. Glyndwr

blackdevil
06-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi.

It is not a linux based receiver .
You can read here :
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?161627-Spiderbox-Smartbox-Hd6000

I want also point out that :

1)has 1 cardreader
2)supports emu : cc..m - new..md
3)supports Youtube - Red*t*ube - You*..rn
4)has blind scan
5)is Media player
6)supports IPTV

dutchbath
06-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Hi all,

been out of the sat scene for w ahile since my last receiver died on me with another psu failure.

Anyhow, does the hd6000 come with the same type of featues that the older versions used to come with, i dont want to break any rules so i wont ask specifics.

I did try to phone our sponsor to get some advice but in all fairness just referred me back here, any advice greatly appreciated before i take the plunge and get one.

I used to have a dreambox, 2 ipboxes all linux based to used to playing with cams and files, these all have suffered psu failures in all of them and havent bothered for about 2 years, so any advice much appreciated.

Many thanks. Glyndwr

Also worth pointing out that the PSU is in the plug, not the box, on the HD6000 so if it does go kaput it's just a case of getting a new adapter with the same specs (unlike other Sboxes)

jimihendrix
06-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Simple to setup and use, the IPTV function is great, and as above it can run from any suitable 12V 2amp adapter. The fact that the mains adapter is external to the receiver means the receivers internal temperature rise is kept to a minimum ensuring a longer running life.
I have other receivers but the HD6000/Spiderbox6000 is the most used.

glyndwr
06-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Thanks chaps,

I did realise it wasnt a linux receiver but had the facility for the use of cc*** and nec****, and just read from the link it comes with a firmware or patch too for other stuff.

Thanks, just purchased one with our sponsor, may just get a vuo duo too later in the month to see what can be done with sealions.

Just another question if i may,

when i get this receiver, can i stream any content from it or use in house sealions to watch in another room? Havent done anything like this for a while.

jbvid
06-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Thanks chaps,

, may just get a vuo duo too later in the month to see what can be done with sealions.

Just another quesntion if i may,

when i get this receiver, can i stream any content from it or use in house sealions to watch in another room? Havent done anything like this for a while.
Hi
You can put your sealions in the 6000hd.
jb

glyndwr
06-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Thanks jb,

if i had another reciever in a different room, can i join both boxes together and have 1 sealion for both or is that not possible

Thanks