PDA

View Full Version : HD6000 hdmi causing issues with other hdmi connected device

glyndwr
12-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Hi all,

I purchased the spiderbox last week from our sponsors and it aarived monday and was installed. It all works as expected apart form the following issue.

Firstly, my set up so you know what is connected.

LG 55LM640T tv

HDMI port 1 - samsung FW350 soundbar (its in pot 1 as that is a ARC device port)
HDMI port 2 - panasonic dvd recorder
HDMI port 3 - humax foxsat 320 recorder
HDMI port 4 - spiderbox HD6000
Scart in - panasonic vcr / dvd combi (my disabled son uses this daily)

When the spiderbox is connected to the tv via the hdmi cable is causes the soundbar connected to hdmi port 1 to have issues. I ger a message of NO ARC on the soundbar display and the volume goes, and the soundbar does not now turn on or off with the tv.

When i remove the spiderbox hdmi cable and turn on / off the tv, the soundbar now works ok again.

I have tried the spiderbox in the other hdmi ports and thew same thing happens.

I cannot move the port for the soundbar as it is an arc device and has to be connected into hdmi port 1.

I would love to keep using the spiderbox with hdmi as i really like the hd channels, but need the sound more (as the tv speakers are crap like all flat panel tv`s).

Anyone having similar issues or are these settings that i need to change.

Many thanks for your support.

Anthony.

Hamrag1
12-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Sounds to me like radiation from a HDMI Cable. Have you tried swopping HDMI Cables ?
Many of the cheaper HDMI cable exhibit those types of Problem due to lack of adequate screening

hianta
12-12-2013, 12:53 PM
I would think about new hdmi cables depending on the age of the cable?
I had problems when connecting my computer and spiderbox through a hub. The computer cable was only about 4 years old and thought the video card was on it's way out but when I connected the spiderbox the picture had a lot of interference on it? I could not think of a quick cure so on removing the hub, the computer cable fell apart lol. This was the problem? Although I still have not replaced the cable yet my computer card is back to normal and think with a new quality cable, the hub would be good as well?
You could connect with a scart cable until you find the problem?

dave d
12-12-2013, 02:10 PM
the only problem i have is when you turn the spider off which is on hdmi 2 and change to hdmi 1 for the tv the screen goes pink and no audio you have to turn the TV off to reset it :)

glyndwr
12-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Hi, thanks for the replies, i`ll try a replacement hdmi cable later to see if that cures it.

Thanks.

glyndwr
12-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Spot on Hamrag1, changed the cable, now ok. The cable i originally fitted was new out of a sealed bag..... in the bin now.

Thanks for your help.

Sounds to me like radiation from a HDMI Cable. Have you tried swopping HDMI Cables ?
Many of the cheaper HDMI cable exhibit those types of Problem due to lack of adequate screening

fizza
17-01-2014, 09:11 AM
Interesting post good read I have a sony tv audio system same prob does anyone recommend the hdmi leads to overcome this prob thanks

den123
17-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Isox

Aldo
17-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Isox

Could you please elaborate on Isox, what is it, what it does. ???

den123
17-01-2014, 02:35 PM
It's a brand.

does anyone recommend the hdmi leads to overcome this prob thanks THIS WAS THE PRE POST IF YOU WOULD HAVE READ IT ITS A HDMI LEAD ALDO

Aldo
17-01-2014, 03:00 PM
does anyone recommend the hdmi leads to overcome this prob thanks THIS WAS THE PRE POST IF YOU WOULD HAVE READ IT ITS A HDMI LEAD ALDO

I did read all of the previous posts, and your reply reply Isox could have been anything, which is why I asked you to elaborate, know I know that it is a brand of HDMI Leads, and btw, you did not have to shout, as posting in all Caps is termed as shouting.