PDA

View Full Version : Picture Freezing on amiko

walsheb
18-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Hi, I am using an Amiko 8900 box and running Engineerkhan15 enigma2 image which I find very good.
The problem I have at the moment is the picture started freezing lately, I tries the sports again this morning and it seemed ok so I just decided to do a couple
of speed tests using OOKLA Speedtest and am getting my max speed of 6mb download and the upload is 0.38 approx, the one thing I did notice is every time
it starts the upload test my TV freezes until it finishes. Does anyone know why it would freeze on the upload and not the download test.

Regards
walsheb

echelon
18-12-2013, 03:04 PM
probably because your upload speed is very small compared to your download speed so that would be normal as you maxx out your BB when uploading and this causes the effect you describe

in other words, that is normal and so uploading should be avoided or capped in order to stop any issues like this happening , or use a BB where the upload and download speeds are the same (like SDSL for business instead of ADSL for residential)

as well as upload and download speeds your ping can also be a factor and should have been included when you tested the speeds

lastly, I have moved your thread to the correct forum - ie:- OTHER RECEIVERS