PDA

View Full Version : Enigma e2 on s3600 hdcci usb multiboot

aranycsapat
19-12-2013, 02:27 PM
Dear friends
It's possible to run E2 on your Icecrypt S3600HDCCI/S3500HDCCI using the following instructions

I've been running it and works really well. I'm continuous testing.

Warning: Any modifications you may make are at your own risk, and I do not accept any responsibility for bricking your box.

There is a significant amount of risk, but I think that a USB booting solution is the safest and least risky, because you don't permanently replace Icecrypt's own software and don't modify or write files in the flash memory of Decoder which is very important for the safety of it.

First up, the Icecrypt S3600HDCCI is actually an Octagon SF1008SE+
irst up, the Icecrypt S3500HDCCI is actually an Octagon SF918SE+

***Instruction for E2 image***

[Preperation before install E2]

Update your S3600 to the latest ICECRYPT official FW version:

fac.icecrypt.s3600hdcci.v2.11.70. 2013sep16 Size: 83.71 MB

you can find here:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=59028&d=1383126705

this update your booloader at the last version 7.26 which is necessary for correct installation of ENIGMA E2 images made for OCTAGON 1008SE+ which have the same version of bootloader.

IN this mode you don't have to modify the bootloader of the decoder because you have only to install official FW upgrade (you can find it also in official ICECRYPT website here:

[ _http://www.icecrypt.com/downloads/finish/93-s3600hdcci/567-facicecrypts3600hdcciv211702013se p16/0.html ]

NOW YOU'RE READY FOR INSTALLATION OF ENIGMA E2 IMAGES

[E2 Installation]

PKT OCTAGON E2 HYPERION V4 IMAGE

DOWNLOAD LATEST PKTEAM E2 IMAGE MADE FOR OCTAGON 918 OR 1008 SE+, YOU CAN FIND HERE:

[ _http://pkteam.pl/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=6272 ]

PKT OCTAGON E2 HYPERION V4 IMAGE

0. You need a formatted (FAT32) usb stick (I suggest at least 4GB memory).

1. Extract file from .zip PKTEAM HYPERION IMAGE and save uImage (common to all models) and root.img (specific to each model) to your USB memory.
2. Turn OFF the RECEIVER and connect the USB memory stick to receiver. (Rear or Front side)
3. Turn on the receiver with pressing CHANNEL DOWN button on the front panel, until SCAN message shows up (this is necessary only once because after this the decoder SCAN utility is always available and made automatic by the receiver every time it is turned ON (if receiver don't recognize E2 image in the usb stick, run normally the ICECRYPT Software interface).
4. The front display will show 'ON' first, then keep showing some messages more.
* 'ON' means that reading E2 image from the USB memory is started.
5. 'ENIGMA2' logo displays for a while.
6. After displaying E2 logo, if your screen is black, select output mode by pressing channel Up & Down botton on your RCU.
Once select your output mode, press OK button to adapt it.
(Current output mode will display on your front LCD or VFD)
C = Component
H = HDMI
HC = HDMI-PC
S = Scart

6. Now Enjoy E2 !
** After installation is finished well, E2 is available whenever your USB memory is connected to receiver before turn-on.

!!!!! [Important Notice] !!!!!

* Do not dis-connect USB memory from the receiver while E2 is working !!!!

<Roll back to original S/W>
1. Turn-off receiver
2. Dis-connect USB memmory from the receiver, then turn-on the receiver and then RECEIVER run the normally version of Icecrypt S/W interface.

For me the E2 IMAGES from PKT are very stable and fast. I use it on Icecrypt S3500 and S3600 from many years.