PDA

View Full Version : Channel list help ?

rob588cliff
04-01-2014, 12:03 AM
Hi,

I've just managed to set up my SB 6000HD and its working well however, I do have one question, apologies if its a daft one !!

When I go into the channel list the channels are not segragated in to folders for example music, sport, news. Is it possible to do this and if so how to I go about it ??

Many thanks.

echelon
04-01-2014, 12:16 AM
you have FAVS numbered something like 1 to 8 , and can use them as you please

they are not headed as NEWS , SPORT etc (unfortunately)

rob588cliff
04-01-2014, 12:29 AM
OK thanks.

Is there any way of putting the channels into different folders? I assume if I use the 'FAVS' that you mention I can only store 8 individual channels as opposed to 8 different channel headings??

echelon
04-01-2014, 12:35 AM
you have 8 favs that can store somewhere between 120 and 200 channels under each of the 8 numbers I believe

ideally each would have its own header , like news , sport , entertainment etc , but they dont

reading the tutorials and setup guides should help you understand your new box better, I do not own the 6000 but the older 7000 which can take up to 200 channels under each fav with named headers, but your box is much cheaper so may not have the same facilities

look at a compass channel list, as he tells you what is under each fav number in his lists

he has 142 under fav 5

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164222-Spiderbox_HD6000_-Channel_List

rob588cliff
04-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Many thanks, I've had a good look and I think it's exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm guessing I install it in the same way I've done other software updates? Is there any instructions for installation ?

Many thanks.

jbvid
04-01-2014, 10:29 AM
I'm guessing I install it in the same way I've done other software updates? Is there any instructions for installation ?
Many thanks.
Yes
In the Guides and FAQ section
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?567-Guides-amp-FAQ

rob588cliff
04-01-2014, 12:48 PM
I've read the FAQ and have a couple more questions.

Do I need to go back to factory settings and delete all the channels I currently have saved before installing the new 'channel list' software ? Or do I just install the new software on top of the current channels?

Thanks.

echelon
04-01-2014, 01:03 PM
backup your current channel list , then you can load the new list and it will overwrite the old one

ideally, you backup your list, factory reset, then add the new list, then do any usals settings or personal settings etc last

rob588cliff
04-01-2014, 08:02 PM
When you complete a 'factory' reset am I right in thinking that the 'patch' will not need to be reinstalled ?

Will I need to re-enter all the server details again?

Will I have to re-select 28.2e Satalite and re-scan?

Basically - what do you loose from the initial set-up process when completing a factory reset?

Thanks.

echelon
04-01-2014, 08:31 PM
1)When you complete a 'factory' reset am I right in thinking that the 'patch' will not need to be reinstalled ?

2) Will I need to re-enter all the server details again?

3) Will I have to re-select 28.2e Satalite and re-scan?

4) Basically - what do you loose from the initial set-up process when completing a factory reset?

Thanks.

1) the firmware patch will be unaffected

2) possibly , although it may retain this info in its settings , but in theory it should be wiped clean

3) yes if you are rescanning , no if you are using a previous or downloaded channel list

4) in theory a factory reset should clear out every possible setting (but not the patch itself)

Sim7alb
04-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Once you complete a factory reset only the firmware patch ( keys etc) will be the same . You should start all over again with dish motor , scaning and editing channels and set up a new wifi connection .