PDA

View Full Version : EPG help.

rob588cliff
04-01-2014, 12:09 AM
Hi,

When I go into the electronic program guide I only get the program information for the next 2 hours. If i change the date to the following date or beyond I get NO program information what so ever. In the instruction manual it says I should get a 7 day guide.

Any advice appreciated.

echelon
04-01-2014, 12:14 AM
I do not believe it says that at all

I believe it will mention that a 7 day epg guide may be possible, on the broadcasters that support the public epg standard

I assume you are assuming this applies to the bespoke epg put out by broadcasters who own the patent for their own systems ? like sly (no chance with sly or freesat) ?

now and next is the standard public system for almost all broadcasters, I am sure you may find an epg that is 7 days if you check each and every satellite position (not 28 east though)

sometimes the epg can be downloaded from the net or from certain transponders into a box (on some boxes)

the spiderbox only ever had the online download system from rytek I believe it was , not necessarily the 6000 though (I know it worked a few years ago on my 9000) , but was hit and miss

Sim7alb
04-01-2014, 12:20 AM
select the right date and time on stb . it shows only for next 2 hours cos today will be over in 2 hours . if u dont change anything you will seee tomorrow morning the full epg for the day .

echelon
04-01-2014, 12:24 AM
for which broadcaster ?

rob588cliff
04-01-2014, 08:07 PM
I've checked the time and its correct, whenever I look at the EPG detail (regardless of the time of day) it only shows the current program and the next program.

Is this an issue with the box I've got or a problem with EPG in general?

Thanks.

echelon
04-01-2014, 08:13 PM
I've checked the time and its correct, whenever I look at the EPG detail (regardless of the time of day) it only shows the current program and the next program.

Is this an issue with the box I've got or a problem with EPG in general?

Thanks.

I thought I already explained this in my previous post

now and next is standard with most broadcasters on the open epg system in use

you never mentioned which broadcaster you are checking, I told you to check some of the more open ones but not 28.2e

perhaps if you elaborated more, or read my previous answer more closely, it would help you understand this difficult issue

I also checked the 6000 photocopy manual we have here in the GUIDES section, no mention of the EPG system is in it from what I could see

EDIT :-

just checked my spiderbox 7000 and found a 7 day epg on JEEM HD TV on 10e on transponder 11399H 07814

if you try that channel you should see the free epg system populate your 7 day guide when pressing epg

its probably one of just a few that use the open epg system now, but can be used to check your epg is working correctly

to repeat myself, this will NOT WORK on 28.2e, on sly or on freesat, so dont bother trying for anything other than "now and next" when you are on 28 east

Sim7alb
04-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Once EPG shows programs for next 2 hours it means there is nothing wrong with this ( epg or box ) . The box is fine , check another transponder and click epg +- on you remote