PDA

View Full Version : spider 9000 picture probs ?

antmarco
04-01-2014, 05:36 PM
my old spider9000 started recently on any hd channel free as well sub channels freezing and displays artifacts type flashes sd channels don't freeze but still display what I can only describe artifats colooured flashes reloaded soft factory resets ect ect taken mates new tv, leads, sat system but still same only recently started was wondering anyone had any similar problems could it be tuner probs ? been advised to use recovery tool on another site many thanks all reply

satpaul
04-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Don't know what the problem is but have one that does the same

antmarco
04-01-2014, 06:00 PM
on another site suggested try recovery tool anyone had same and have got it working again ?

Satcat
15-04-2014, 12:04 PM
My HD9000 has just started freezing as described above. Mainly on BBC 1 HD and BBC 2 HD.
Can anyone confirm that useing to recovery tool fixes this problem.
If so so I will have to buy a nullmodem cable andtry to find someone who has a computor with a RS232 socket.

After being on for about 15mins the problem seems to go away, so it's probably just the box starting to show it's age.

manhatten
16-04-2014, 08:33 AM
I have one that dose the same, Tried the Recovery tool using xp with RS232 Socket several times still dose not fix it, Over the last year there has been a lot for sale on the famous ******* site with the same problems as antmarco describes,They are also for sale in our local Sat shop, Looks like the only chance of fixing these boxes would be with info from the Manufacturer.

Satcat
23-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

tybusta1
14-05-2014, 05:35 PM
i also got this problem, but hey, i switching to sd channels at least i can still watch tv lol.

january_king
15-05-2014, 06:13 PM
I had similar problems. The 9000HD was feeding an older set via HDMI to DVI and I put it down to a problem there although it had been working well. However I lately tried the 9000HD with a different set with HDMI in and it was OK. Conclusion - unknown cause
JK

Satcat
16-05-2014, 06:39 PM
I find now that mine is getting worse, affecting SD channels as well, though not as bad as HD.
It now takes about an hour to calm down and then it's OK, so it's not an overheating problem.
I would have thought some clever person out there would have a solution to this problem.