PDA

View Full Version : help with new box

harty
11-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Couple of things i need a bit of help with please, i am going to get a new 6000hd and i would like to know if i left my dish pointed at 28e and put a new channel list from compass onto my new box, would i still have to manually put all the sats into the box as i use diseq 1.2 (i.e. would it move to all the sats that i had programmed into my old 9000hd). Do you still get free gift when you buy the 6000hd. thanks in advance.

echelon
11-01-2014, 10:06 AM
I believe the answer is yes to both questions

harty
11-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks echelon, also do you know, i have my own payed clines do i still have to patch new box if i did not need gift.

Roadrunner
11-01-2014, 10:36 AM
You need to patch the box to get the best out of it. Its not all about the gift . The patches also bring new features. If you have your own cline you can use it instead of the gift. When you are ready then you can register the gift (the 12 months your gift is valid for start from the date you register it and not form the day you buy the box)so you can use up your own line and then register the gift.

echelon
11-01-2014, 10:37 AM
box has to be patched in order to activate either or both options

I assume (because I dont know) that you could just not enable the "gift" part so dont register it, just sort out the cccam part yourself

ie:- dont register the "gift" in the patch, thereby stopping it from activating and counting down the 365 days you have with it

but I may be wrong on that

Roadrunner
11-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Lol , Beat you to it at last ;)
I am gonna put a golden tick in the calendar :)

jbvid
11-01-2014, 11:01 AM
@ harty

You will find the Compass lists have the Motor menu preset to OFF which will leave your dish on 28e to start with, you will then need to find and store each of your required Sat positions if using Diseq 1.2.
IKS = Menu/Others/Network/IKS/ Leave or set Type to OFF to stop Gift time activation, or On to activate it.
Have a study of this guide while waiting your new Spiderbox.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?162474-Setup-Guide-for-Spiderbox-6000HD

harty
11-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Cheers again lads, you are quick off the mark, it helps that you 2 are a bit competitive lol....