PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox 6000 HD Brick

bwuddywabbit
13-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Was messing about with my box, rebooted it, only thing is it wont reboot, comes on for 10 secs & switches off again then on, then off, then on green light, red light, ect, ect, ect, tried the download recovery tool with null cable, still nothing,
still on, off, on, off, its drivin me crazy, anything else I can try, oh yes & I tried HyperTerminal, just wont talk to each other, any ideas guys?

jbvid
13-01-2014, 09:44 PM
@wabbit
What problems did you encounter that failed when using the recovery tool and did you follow it to the letter? Did the flash complete?

Does it still do same with LNB disconnected? Can you flash it with the latest patch

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164187-Recovery-instructions-for-HD6000

jb

Roadrunner
13-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Some additional info also here: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?165178-Help-needed /read through the thread some excellent info there too

bwuddywabbit
13-01-2014, 10:14 PM
when using the download software, the flash didn't even start also hyper terminal wouldn't talk to the box tonight, but I'll have another go tomorrow just in case I didn't set it up right, been at it for a few hours,
regards,
The Wabbit

jbvid
13-01-2014, 10:34 PM
@wabbit
You will find more help in the link below
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?165272-Spiderbox-not-coming-on
Here is a success story
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?165178-Help-needed
Update : Roadrunner has already given this link in post#3
jb

bwuddywabbit
13-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I'll let you know how I get on,
Cheers All

bwuddywabbit
18-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Hi guys,
got Hyper Terminal working properly, sent file to Spiderbox, rebooted, still getting red & green flashing lights, tried it again several times & keep getting the message,"no response from REMOTE SYSTEM", any ideas guys?
regards,
The Wabbit

jbvid
18-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Hi guys,
got Hyper Terminal working properly, sent file to Spiderbox, rebooted, still getting red & green flashing lights, tried it again several times & keep getting the message,"no response from REMOTE SYSTEM", any ideas guys?
regards,
The Wabbit
Hi
What about loading the latest patch now and trying with the LNB disconnected, you never replied to these, I would return it to your supplier.
jb

bwuddywabbit
18-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Only had the null cable & power cable connected when needed, as returning the box to supplier, I don't think so after me messing about with it,
regards,
The Wabbit

jbvid
18-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Only had the null cable & power cable connected when needed, as returning the box to supplier, I don't think so after me messing about with it,
regards,
The Wabbit
Read post #8 again and reply
and post#2
jb

bwuddywabbit
18-01-2014, 07:25 PM
@post 8, lnb was disconnected at all times along with hdmi, latest patch would not send so how can I send to supplier?
@post 2,
the link isn't working for me, just getting "this page cant display"
regards,

jbvid
18-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Just send it back and say red & green lights flashing.
jb

hianta
18-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Hi guys,
regards,
The Wabbit

One quick question? How long did it take to transfer the file and did it say something like "transfer success . erasing flash" near the end? OK that's two questions.

bwuddywabbit
19-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Good morning,
it took about 10 or 15 mins to transfer, it was about finishing when I got distracted, when I got back it had finished, can't remember any messages left on screen,
that's when I decided to reboot it by pulling power & powering up again,
regards,
The Wabbit

echelon
19-01-2014, 12:20 PM
@post 2,
the link isn't working for me, just getting "this page cant display"
regards,

that link works ok for me using firefox

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164187-Recovery-instructions-for-HD6000

try a different browser

hianta
19-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Good morning,
it took about 10 or 15 mins to transfer, it was about finishing when I got distracted, when I got back it had finished, can't remember any messages left on screen,
that's when I decided to reboot it by pulling power & powering up again,
regards,
The Wabbit

Good morning to you too.
Is it possible that you pulled the plug as it was doing it's clean up? (erasing backup and flash)
Going by this post and if you did not pull plug to soon then we can only hope that transfer was cancelled or failed? If It was a success then there would have to be a fault with the box? ( power failing or some short)
On the side of a fault you could try another power supply and open box and look for physical damage before you get a pro?
On the side of fail just go through the procedure again and reboot computer from time to time (after a few attempts )
If you get the file to start the transfer do not leave It . ( you have to see the ending to see the result?)
Just something I get... I recovered my box and since then the box will not talk to me lol ( gives me this and that but I cant brake the boot up by the space bar.) So It may be possible you have completed the recovery and there is a fault with your box? (hope not)

At this stage I have no real logical step's forward for you apart from what I have just said so wish you Luck and hope someone else can help...

bwuddywabbit
19-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Thank you all for the sound advice, power supply ok and I don't see anything obvious inside the box, last night I had many attempts beginning transfer but kept getting the message ,"no response from REMOTE SYSTEM", but I'll keep trying, & i'll try another browser on that link,
cheers guys.

hianta
19-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Thank you all for the sound advice, power supply ok and I don't see anything obvious inside the box, last night I had many attempts beginning transfer but kept getting the message ,"no response from REMOTE SYSTEM", but I'll keep trying, & i'll try another browser on that link,
cheers guys.

just a point of interest? you are still getting to the 3 option part and you are pressing the correct number 2 on keyboard? remember there are two 2 key's . If this is the case then It is not waiting for the transfer and that's why you get that message? try different 2 speed up your actions ? anyway good luck lol

edit double check the transfer info as well (file and xmodem)

bwuddywabbit
19-01-2014, 01:55 PM
@hianta,
tried it your way & got message saying "upgrade application with xmodem" went to transfer window to xmodem, pressed send file, pkt 1 appeared, last error said 4 retries, after about a minute the window switched its self off, so I'm just looking at a red light on box only, not sure whether to power off or just leave it for a long time,
regards.
I decided to power off & on again, still got red & green, am now having another go and it's now transferring file, it's taken about 12 mins, whats this?
Start to erase flash, O.M.G. Start to write flash, plugged in HDMI & SPIDERBOX IS ALIVE, ABSOLUTELY BL**DY AMAZIN, thanks for all your help guys,
regards,
The Wabbit

hianta
19-01-2014, 02:07 PM
@hianta,
tried it your way & got message saying "upgrade application with xmodem" went to transfer window to xmodem, pressed send file, pkt 1 appeared, last error said 4 retries, after about a minute the window switched its self off, so I'm just looking at a red light on box only, not sure whether to power off or just leave it for a long time,
regards.
No I meant check you had modem selected and you had the correct file to send? As it tell's you on the recovery instruction's . It's easy to over look something when we start pulling our hair out? I believe you can recover the box and you did not fully send the file the first time .
edit
just like I did when reading your post and jumped through it lol press the off button on stb then pull power cable disconnect all cables and see if it will come on and stay on?

bwuddywabbit
19-01-2014, 02:54 PM
@hianta,
yes you were correct, I think that maybe the case that the file was not fully sent the first time, but its working now, yippee
regards,
wabbit

hianta
19-01-2014, 03:03 PM
@hianta,
yes you were correct, I think that maybe the case that the file was not fully sent the first time, but its working now, yippee
regards,
wabbit

Now remember?

DON'T DO IT AGAIN! lol

I do like happy endings lol

imran333
26-01-2014, 12:13 AM
mine has same problem red light green light continuously and how did u fix it?

Aldo
26-01-2014, 01:20 AM
mine has same problem red light green light continuously and how did u fix it?

Please read all of this thread to find your answer.