PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox 6000 HD Recovery film

hianta
13-01-2014, 11:24 PM
This is a simple film to show the step's taken to recover the box.
I could not crash my spiderbox after the recovery and new patches. So you will see what should happen If you follow the recovery files correctly.

You will need a Null Modem cable and window's XP, 7 OR 8..
DO NOT USE VISTA ..

I Re-posted again as there are still people running into this problem.

Good Luck

this video was deleted by the OP

hianta
31-01-2014, 02:17 PM
OK you know the routine.
start the program, plug power into box and now the film...

press space bar on keyboard and then number 2 key.

select file and send.

Thank you.

silverrum
06-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Is there any other way of recovering the spiderbox without using the null modem cable, because its not compatible with my pc...

jbvid
06-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Is there any other way of recovering the spiderbox without using the null modem cable, because its not compatible with my pc...
Hi
No, I recommend from experience that you find or borrow a PC with a 9pin com port, you could try one of the USB to com port adaptors but many of them have connectivity problems.
jb

Satcat
06-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Our sponsor sells an adapter that will do the job.

USB to RS232 Serial Adapter Converter
The USB serial converter operates as a connection between one USB port and a 9 way RS232 serial device. The USB to Serial Adapter is for connecting serial devices when a serial COM port is not available within a PC or laptop.

A NULL Modem Lead is also required to connect from the USB to Serial Adapter to the serial device. NULL Modem lead not supplied.

Unlike cheaper alternatives this USB to Serial Adapter will work on Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP/Vista/Windows 7 32 & 64-bit.

cannydo
09-08-2014, 08:33 AM
I bought an RS232 Serial PCI Card very handy also saved hunting for the USB to RS232 cable. Worked a treat for me when I had to recover boxes.

jbvid
09-08-2014, 09:32 AM
I bought an RS232 Serial PCI Card very handy also saved hunting for the USB to RS232 cable. Worked a treat for me when I had to recover boxes.
This type are more reliable as the PCI card slot is normally preconfigured or can be activated from the Bios.
jb