PDA

View Full Version : Icecrypt S1600 CHD any good?

ginadr
16-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Hi Everyone

I looking at getting an Icecrypt S1600CHD
I never had an Icecrypt before.
Anybody using one for sharing.
Is it any good?
Is it stable?

nickgould
19-01-2014, 09:52 PM
I have been asked to fix one for a friend. They are so complicated and there isn't much information out there regarding these boxes. My advice would be just go for skybox sf5

ginadr
24-01-2014, 11:17 AM
don't supose you've got any info on seting one up or where to go?

ColdAsICE
24-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Setting one up is pretty simple certainly as easy as a Skybox.
If you want to do it from scratch then load the latest unofficial firmware which I'll upload into the firmware section.
You can then either download the channel settings from the ftp server or search and arrange them yourself.
The unofficial firmware has EMU and other internet features etc.
Otherwise just load this version which is complete with Astra2 UK channels and favourites preloaded

ginadr
29-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Thanks mate
I've installed third party software before on it, but couldn't get a cline to work. It seems unnecessarily complicated with too many choices in the setup menus. Even entering a new biss key for a channel isn't straight forward. Don't know what all the settings are for. It could be a good box for the price if it were made easy to use. Had Technomates before and they were easy to use. Had cheap linux boxes which were a pain. It needs somebody to come up with some easy to use third party software or a really good guide as to how to set it up. P.S. I want top use it on a motorised system.

nickgould
10-02-2014, 12:38 PM
Thanks mate
I've installed third party software before on it, but couldn't get a cline to work. It seems unnecessarily complicated with too many choices in the setup menus. Even entering a new biss key for a channel isn't straight forward. Don't know what all the settings are for. It could be a good box for the price if it were made easy to use. Had Technomates before and they were easy to use. Had cheap linux boxes which were a pain. It needs somebody to come up with some easy to use third party software or a really good guide as to how to set it up. P.S. I want top use it on a motorised system.

Hi ginadr. Did you have any success with this? Like i said before I have one of these and I need to watch my sly sports but I can't do the final bit. To complicated.

nickgould
10-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Setting one up is pretty simple certainly as easy as a Skybox.
If you want to do it from scratch then load the latest unofficial firmware which I'll upload into the firmware section.
You can then either download the channel settings from the ftp server or search and arrange them yourself.
The unofficial firmware has EMU and other internet features etc.
Otherwise just load this version which is complete with Astra2 UK channels and favourites preloaded

Thanks but we need more information before we can watch our favorite channels on the s1600chd. See ginadr's post. My sentiments exactly.

nickgould
10-02-2014, 12:47 PM
don't supose you've got any info on seting one up or where to go?

Hi. Do you mean information on how to setup Skyboxes f3, F5 and F5S? - That one is readily available online. But if you want to provide I can do.

Dantis
20-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Hi Everyone

I looking at getting an Icecrypt S1600CHD
I never had an Icecrypt before.
Anybody using one for sharing.
Is it any good?
Is it stable?

Hi I have just set up one of these, I normally use Openbox S9/S10 and TM 5402 HD.

Quite easy to flash with the USB stick, I entered my sea lions using the remote but you can use the USB as well.

Scrambles channels all appear quite stable, but will test for longer.

The BISS menu seems well hidden, I found it by 'accident'; when on a channel press i (info) then i again, then red button, then red button again. Voila!

I will add a HDD a test the recording facility.

Deso
07-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Hi I have just set up one of these, I normally use Openbox S9/S10 and TM 5402 HD.

Quite easy to flash with the USB stick, I entered my sea lions using the remote but you can use the USB as well.

Scrambles channels all appear quite stable, but will test for longer.

The BISS menu seems well hidden, I found it by 'accident'; when on a channel press i (info) then i again, then red button, then red button again. Voila!

I will add a HDD a test the recording facility.

Did you manage to change the BISS code manually or did you have to ftp firmware?

ferranvilaro
16-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Did you manage to change the BISS code manually or did you have to ftp firmware?

Both ways working.
First time with firmware i could see *bc intelsat
When codes changed, I only change the biss code manually:302: