PDA

View Full Version : any plans for any further firmware updates?

dutchbath
17-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Just wondered if there had been any continued development on the firmware for the 6000? This is probably the longest we've gone without an update, or have we reached the point that we have reached a final build?

Thanks

Roadrunner
17-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Blackdevil said in another thread that the new firmware is bein worked on, so we need to wait.
It`s going to be a good one too!!
If someone asked me I would say we should be happy with what was given to us already and any new software would be a nice bonus.
Asking about a new software wont speed thing up, and is not helping ;)
Regards,
Roadrunner

hianta
17-01-2014, 11:56 PM
I believe they are fine tuning the transcendentally dimensional affect's of the box. We should all just wait and leave them to it because It's not us that's getting the headache's ? :banghead:
Good job Blackdevil..

Aldo
18-01-2014, 12:09 AM
There are some people that are never satisfied with what they have, they always want more, selfish and ungrateful would be 2 words that categorise those people.

Just as an update of the info I posted above, I have yet to see the name dutchbath appear acknowledging the info posted in either of these 2 threads:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?165033-IPTV-%28files-only%29

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?165415-IPTV-SimpleTv-Playlist

and yet he has the audacity to ask for any plans for any further firmware updates?, so it would appear that this is a very shy person, or one who " Sees All, Hears All, Takes All and say F*** All."

dutchbath
19-01-2014, 02:53 PM
There are some people that are never satisfied with what they have, they always want more, selfish and ungrateful would be 2 words that categorise those people.

Just as an update of the info I posted above, I have yet to see the name dutchbath appear acknowledging the info posted in either of these 2 threads:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?165033-IPTV-%28files-only%29

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?165415-IPTV-SimpleTv-Playlist

and yet he has the audacity to ask for any plans for any further firmware updates?, so it would appear that this is a very shy person, or one who " Sees All, Hears All, Takes All and say F*** All."

It was just a simple question with no requests or demands. Chill out kid.

heyho
19-01-2014, 03:23 PM
I'm more than happy with the development of the firmware. I have done a bit of software development over the years and so can understand the effort needed. I respect those that take the time to produce such firmware.

I'm also a computer geek so like my gadgets and fiddling with them. Drives the wife crazy.

But I would say that the front end GUI of the 6000 isn't wife intuitive. She likes the simplicity of the Sky box. Is this indicative of all receivers. If I'm going to sell this sat thing to her I need a wife friendly solution.

Keep up the good work Blackdevil.

echelon
19-01-2014, 03:30 PM
the linux range like the VU are more "wife friendly" due to plugins and menus that emulate the sly boxes in many ways

so for emulating the sly plus boxes, the duo 2 , solo 2 or even the duo are more like what she may be "used to"

autobouquets can be used to keep the channel lists up to date

corossepg and cooltv plugins are used to sort out 24/7 epg

an internal sata HDD can be used to emulate slyplus like the recording and playback of programmes and films

the mediaplayer functions work well with mp3 , mp4 , mkv , divx and a few other file types

you can also use streaming tv and films , iplayer , itvplayer (ondemand) etc too

never mind weather and news plugins , y*utube , or other addons

then there is vuplayer to stream to android devices

and you can stream from a NAS too

so much more scope on the linux boxes

--------------------------------

whereas the spiderbox uses a bespoke closed source OS that only the developers have or own so you will all have to wait and see what they do, if they do, when they do

blackdevil
19-01-2014, 04:49 PM
We haven't finished it.
You 'll have new patch when it 'll be ready.
Soon.

viduka
20-01-2014, 01:23 PM
But I would say that the front end GUI of the 6000 isn't wife intuitive. She likes the simplicity of the Sky box. Is this indicative of all receivers. If I'm going to sell this sat thing to her I need a wife friendly solution.

Hmmmm. I think this should read "isnt MY wife intuitive". Some peoples wifes manage the 6000 quite easily thank you ! :001_302:

heyho
20-01-2014, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=heyho;897876]

Hmmmm. I think this should read "isnt MY wife intuitive". Some peoples wifes manage the 6000 quite easily thank you ! :001_302:

Mine has her uses. Sadly technology isn't one of them although she is getting pretty good on her christmas pressie - a Kindle. All be it playing Solitaire