PDA

View Full Version : Dish moving on its own.

timbo
23-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Hi everyone, just installing the new 6000hd, bit different from the 9000hd but all going well until I tried a second scan. now the motorized dish is moving from side to side not all the way around but quite alarmingly, have rebooted but it just wont stop moving. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Tim.

timbo
23-01-2014, 03:02 PM
Hi manic01 thanks for your reply. I go to settings - motor - change from none to Diseqc1.2/USALS - I cant find a way of selecting one or the other. the signal is good though. If I exit after selecting Diseqc1.2/USALS, when I go back it has returned to NONE.

jbvid
23-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Hi manic01 thanks for your reply. I go to settings - motor - change from none to Diseqc1.2/USALS - I cant find a way of selecting one or the other. the signal is good though
Hi
I assume you are motorised, using USALS? have you put your correct Long/ Lat details in?
Have you read the Setup guide?
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?162474-Setup-Guide-for-Spiderbox-6000HD
jb

timbo
23-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Hi yes have been following the set up guide all morning and am getting a good signal, have scanned 10e 13e 16e 19e all good but I forgot 28.2e when I started to scan that one everything started to go wrong.

jbvid
23-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Hi
In Installation/ Satellite Settings make sure the boxes on the left column are ticked for the Satellites you want and the Motor settings in the right hand box are set to DiseqC1.2/USALS and the Lat/Long details are correct in there also, then select Go in there /Save Data OK.
jb

heyho
23-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Jbvid's advice is spot on.

Is this a new or exisiting motor by the way - and what type of motor is it?

timbo
23-01-2014, 04:32 PM
The motor is quite old, worked okay on my other box. I checked the long lat and found a button, think it was 'set location' scrolled to London, and it changed the longitude to 01, now its scanning okay.
Many thanks,
Tim.

heyho
23-01-2014, 04:57 PM
The motor is quite old, worked okay on my other box. I checked the long lat and found a button, think it was 'set location' scrolled to London, and it changed the longitude to 01, now its scanning okay.
Many thanks,
Tim.

Excellent news.

Now I've got a lovely motor at home in the garage. One careful owner. It doesn't move at all. Guaranteed to waste you hours of your life LOL

jbvid
23-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Many thanks,
Tim.
Hi
Ok, that could work ok for you if your location is London, but if you have any signal strength problems you really need your correct location, Google Dishpointer and input your postcode, then enter the figures in Manual mode -Longitude = West
jb