PDA

View Full Version : Deleting unwanted content.

timbo
30-01-2014, 01:27 AM
Hi everyone, am still finding my way around the 6000HD, and have been mucking around with this tonight, err if you know what I mean. Is there anyway of deleting y**p***o and R**t**e or their contents, users will know what I mean, or have I bought something nobody else has?
Many thanks,
Tim.

jbvid
30-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Hi
Only way AFAIK is select it and put a password in.
jb

satpaul
30-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Just put the early firmware in before they were on the box that will sort it

Roadrunner
30-01-2014, 01:29 PM
I don`t think its a great idea to use the old patch. There would be more than just the a*dult content lost. Every patch introduces some things which might not be visible but are essential for a proper functioning of the box. (As far as I know there were some new drivers added too + the IPTV functionality.)You can always increase the parental control if you wish by adding a Menu Lock, so the kids won`t even be able to get to the menu let alone see whats in there. Just make a note of your pass and keep it safe in case you forget it.;)

timbo
30-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Thanks everyone, think I'll just change the password, odd why this feature is on there.
Many thanks,
Tim.

jbvid
30-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Thanks everyone, think I'll just change the password, odd why this feature is on there.
Many thanks,
Tim.
Hi
Not really, some people can't get enough of it and complain if one scrambled channel goes off :lol
jb

timbo
30-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Hi
Not really, some people can't get enough of it and complain if one scrambled channel goes off :lol
jb

Ha, you'd think, what with this being quite a techie site they could find better alternatives.

heyho
30-01-2014, 04:01 PM
This site has no input on the manfacture of this stb.
You will find most stb's of this nature now have these channels.

Is there a 'report bugs' or 'suggest enhancements' section anywhere?

Is the name 'Spiderbox' generic. There doesn't appear to be a company trading as it as such i.e. a manufacturers site that produce firmware upgrades.

I updated my firmware straight away when I got mine so never checked it out. Is the firmware upgrades on this site basically an enhanced version of the stock firmware produced by the same people?

bobef90
30-01-2014, 07:00 PM
I would also like to get rid of these two options from the menu. Really unnecessary.