PDA

View Full Version : Favorites on/off

timbo
30-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone, Sorry to keep bothering you guys but I have been trying to make my own channel list, and have of sorts but have managed to lose all other channels that I scanned. In the manual it says to press favorite to get a category list but when pressed a message says favorites off and I cant find a thing in the menu to turn on. I will get used to it but Its not as easy as the 9000.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Tim.

Roadrunner
30-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Just keep pressing the fav button to move between favourites (if you have any)
Or better still press OK then blue button then use the <or> on your remote to move between sats and favs. (You will see how much easier it is when you use it so I won`t try and re-invent the wheel and explain, just try ;)

timbo
30-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Hi Roadrunner, thanks for your reply. I have no favourites just scanned satellites. I go to menu - TV channel editor - press favourites- ok on a channel and a little heart lights up. press exit and save but where is it saved to. In the manual it says there is a list of categories can't find them either.
Cheers,
Tim.

Roadrunner
30-01-2014, 04:48 PM
It would be saved in the fav list on which you pressed OK
It would probably be easiest if you downloaded your channel list to usb stick and opened it with Channel Editor Then in the channel editor you can go through the channels while watching them on telly (which would help you a lot as you would see what they are) and add them to favourites in the Editor You know, you watch the channel on the telly and see it on the list. Use the editors settings and select "Use Favourite Check Boxes" that would open all 8 favourites on the editor and you just tick whichever fav you want your channels to go to, as you go through them. Other than that you need to go the labourious way of doing them in the box. When you get that heart thingy enclosed in [] (just below the channels list) then you can <or> to move the channel to one of the fav lists on your box then press OK to drop the channel in there. But thats the hard way... Much easier to do it in the editor and just save the ssu file to the stick then load to the box again.
Still, you can use someone elses list with the favs already made and just adapt it to your needs. It would buy you some time to get used to the box

hianta
30-01-2014, 05:35 PM
Just a reminder
This box does not have titled favourites . It only has numbers 1 > 8 So in editor you would save all your films to 1 and sport to 2 and so on. Then when you select your favourite 1 you would have your film list.
Pressing fav button on the remote will bring up fav 1 > 8 and you will have to press it again to advance to the fav list you want.
The other way is easier and can get example at https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164410-Navigating-the-fav-s-sat-s-and-channel-list or/ and https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164346-Navigating-around-the-favourites

timbo
30-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Ah, I see it all now, some of it. Thank you so much hianta. Will investigate later.
Cheers,
Tim.