PDA

View Full Version : How can I see the VU+ HD from Windows XP?

John_C
02-02-2014, 12:13 PM
I have a VU+ set up OK. I previously had a computer with Windows 7. The VU+ HD would appear under "My Computer". That enabled me to simply copy video files from the computer to the VU+. Now I have had to switch to a Windows XP computer. I can see the recorded files fine by entering the IP address in Firefox. But I cannot set up a network place to see the HD directory on my computer. I cannot find the full filename for the HD from the VU+, only the last bit media/hdd/... Without an actual folder name as well as the IP address I cannot set up a "Network place" in XP. Can anyone help?

Mickha
02-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Have you loaded the software, on your new computer?
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?513-Tools

John_C
02-02-2014, 12:49 PM
I tried that link, thanks. It gave me a whole page of threads. The top one was an advanced IP scanner, which I tried, but it was no help. It showed the IP address, which I already knew, but not the folder name(s) for access. maybe you meant a different thread.

Mickha
02-02-2014, 02:42 PM
It's a link to some VU+ tools, like the control centre, and other items.
What have you loaded onto your XP computer?
Check what programs are loaded on your other PC, related to the VU+ receiver.

echelon
02-02-2014, 03:07 PM
any ftp program should allow you to do this , irrespective of if its an xp pc or not

flash fxp , filezilla , fireftp , cute ftp , vucc using filezilla , even total commander if you have setup the networking

this isnt a duo2 question as its about setting up xp, not the duo2

John_C
03-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Well not really. I am happy with the XP part - all I need to know is the directory name of the hard disk directory on the VU Duo, but it never displays the full name chain that I can see. Just media/hdd/Directoryname, but not the whole thing from the beginning.

The computer with Windows 7 is no more. I did not have to set anything up there anyway.

Still puzzled.

Mickha
03-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Didn't you have to use the network wizard, on your old PC?

jrbmw
03-02-2014, 06:46 PM
TRy using vlc player..that works

echelon
03-02-2014, 09:01 PM
just checked my duo (running bh) using an xp pro networked pc and no problem there

in MY NETWORK PLACES it comes up as "harddisk on VuPlus bm750 network services"

the path to it shows as \\Bm750\harddisk\ if I wish to explore the hard disk drive

works in MY COMPUTER and windows explorer

also checked in windows 8.1 under NETWORK and shows up as BM750 with 2 folders, configuration and harddisk

bellejt
04-02-2014, 05:05 PM
I had the same problem.My old Ipbox I found under my netwerk MSHOME as VUDO2.But not accessible.Now the VU+DUO2 seems to be located under the entire network as : Root op Dreambox vuduo2 network services (192.168.1.110).I simply made a shortcut on my desktop from within the explorer screen.