PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox 6000 HD HELP

bubasworld
09-02-2014, 03:47 AM
I have a problem with c-lines with new Spiderbox 6000 the server is good because works great with my old spiderbox 7000 and skybox F3 but with the new 6000 a lot glitches I try all the firmwares all the same glitches every 5 minutes I need some help

thank You

bubasworld
09-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Spider 6000 works fine, must be router or other issue.

router is ok IKS is ok Astra 28 is ok on Hispasat Spanish channels ok but the Portugueses channels no glitches a lot
on spiderbox 7000 or Skybox F3 all this works perfect why only the Portugueses freeze on spiderbox 6000 and is ok on 7000 or skybox

jbvid
09-02-2014, 12:47 PM
router is ok IKS is ok Astra 28 is ok on Hispasat Spanish channels ok but the Portugueses channels no glitches a lot
on spiderbox 7000 or Skybox F3 all this works perfect why only the Portugueses freeze on spiderbox 6000 and is ok on 7000 or skybox

Then it’s not a Spiderbox problem as most are ok, the forum can't do anything about Portuguese channel problems, ask your provider for an answer.
jb

jimihendrix
09-02-2014, 01:04 PM
I have to agree my 6000 works well on lines, the only thing I can suggest is select one of the channels thats breaking up and press the "Info" key three times to get the signal and quality readings.

^^COMPASS^^
09-02-2014, 03:26 PM
I believe the issue your having is a conflict between IKS and Your c-lines
(Meo isn't opening with IKS atm (at least it wasn't last time i checked)
so this could explain your constant freezes
Turn IKS off and check Meo Channels again

bubasworld
09-02-2014, 05:41 PM
I believe the issue your having is a conflict between IKS and Your c-lines
(Meo isn't opening with IKS atm (at least it wasn't last time i checked)
so this could explain your constant freezes
Turn IKS off and check Meo Channels again

what is confuse to me is why all the channels working well on Spiderbox 7000 and skybox f3 and freeze a lot on spiderbox 6000 the provider is good with IKS OFF an ON is the same and what mean TWIN in the 6000

echelon
09-02-2014, 05:57 PM
the point here is that all those other boxes apart from the 6000 dont have IKS which is why you are advised to turn it off , so no conflict exists

so c line on means IKS off

bubasworld
09-02-2014, 06:08 PM
the point here is that all those other boxes apart from the 6000 dont have IKS which is why you are advised to turn it off , so no conflict exists

so c line on means IKS off

Like I said I tried with IKS Off and On still the same problem

echelon
09-02-2014, 07:06 PM
what you said did not make sense due to no punctuation

or line separation

all the words followed on from each other in one long sentence and no punctuation so was very difficult to understand what you meant

I assume it actually means this ?

what is confuse to me is why all the channels working well on Spiderbox 7000 and skybox f3 and freeze a lot on spiderbox 6000

the provider is good

with IKS OFF an ON is the same

and what mean TWIN in the 6000 ?

and this with IKS OFF an ON is the same should say this

even with IKS OFF an ON is the same problem of glitching and freezing as reported in post #1

so we can gather from this that the IKS has no effect on the problem, the problem is there all the time

bubasworld
10-02-2014, 09:35 PM
what you said did not make sense due to no punctuation

or line separation

all the words followed on from each other in one long sentence and no punctuation so was very difficult to understand what you meant

I assume it actually means this ?

and this with IKS OFF an ON is the same should say this

even with IKS OFF an ON is the same problem of glitching and freezing as reported in post #1

so we can gather from this that the IKS has no effect on the problem, the problem is there all the time

I need HELP

Aldo
10-02-2014, 09:54 PM
I need HELP

You've alread posted that info request in post#1 " I need some help "

echelon
10-02-2014, 09:54 PM
I need HELP

you also need to READ THE RULES

this thread is very close to being removed due to the content within it

this forum is to discuss the actual spiderbox 6000 HD , not IKS or c lines !

the only reason its been left open is in case somebody could suggest a technical idea on what caused the problem, like compass tried to deduce when he replied (something I still think could be correct)

heyho
11-02-2014, 09:43 AM
Didn't realise other boxes didn't have IKS

Echelon - picking up on something in this thread. if you have a 'decent' c line setup is the recommendation to turn off IKS on this receiver then? I have them both on and have noticed that IKS does seem to take priority. Not aware of any difficulties but I have mentioned about excessive delay between channels. Might switch it off and see if things improve.

echelon
11-02-2014, 10:14 AM
one or two other boxes may have free or paid for iks, I never said they didnt, but most dont have it

the point being made by compass etc is not to have 2 or more clashing, same as you dont have 2 or more drivers driving a car, where one wants to turn left and the other to turn right and the one in the back seat wants to go straight on (too many cooks spoil the broth)

one reason you dont see discussions about all this is due to what I said in my previous post, its banned in the rules although sometimes we will allow the technical aspect to have some limited discussion, but then somebody always pushes the boundaries leading to closure or removal of the thread

jimihendrix
11-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Just to add that it's not unusual when using both a line and a softkey that can both open the same channel that there can be a conflict causing erratic operation. It is some times necessary to disable either the line or softkey to get normal viewing.

heyho
11-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I shall take this, as usual, excellent advice on board and disable IKS on my 6000.

jimihendrix
12-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Give it a try it only take a few seconds to turn off IKS, if you could get back with the result it might be of use to others with the same problem.

echelon
12-02-2014, 11:26 AM
I shall take this, as usual, excellent advice on board and disable IKS on my 6000.

some people were having troubles with fox sports so have turned off iks to stop the problems when watching it

I have no doubt similar conflicts will happen when using multiple decryption systems

heyho
12-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Give it a try it only take a few seconds to turn off IKS, if you could get back with the result it might be of use to others with the same problem.

I had a whole host of problems last night.

Have had good connections to several satellites and channels after I fine tuned them all using 1.2 rather than Usals. last night one that used to work didn't (and I wanted to watch the WBA v Chelsea game). Signal seemed ok at around 60% but got no signal on that channel. Did a factory reset, reload, set to usals then back to 1.2 and did a bit of fine tuning but still get no signal. Got a few channels to work but not the majority I used to be able to receive.

I also turned off IKS but this didn't help.

I must confess I then lost a bit of patience and went into the other room and watch something about the history of Buckingham palace!!!!

No doubt I shall give it another go.

jimihendrix
12-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Check transponder data on ********* they might have changed, happens more often than you might think.

jimihendrix
12-02-2014, 12:54 PM
It seems I might have breached the forums rules in the above post, sorry wont happen again.

echelon
12-02-2014, 01:50 PM
one thing I have learned about the tm motor is that in diseqc mode you need to reset it and use the goto zero, then find the sats and store , even if you use usals its still worthwhile doing the motor reset and goto zero before switching to usals mode

why this happens on the tm2600 motor I have no idea, but I know my relative has one with a spiderbox 7000 and its something we have to do (either on the motor or better still in diseqc v1.2 mode on the box itself)

others may have differing opinions on the above , but once the motor is reset it behaves normally

as for k o s , thats the auto board censor kicking in so best to allude to it instead of actually naming it , no rules were broken as the auto censor did its job as deemed by the forum admin (not me I might add)

lastly, due to all the recent and ongoing transponder changes on 28.2e its best to assume nothing is set in stone and best to assume changes are afoot until they have finished changing to 2e from 1n or 1d or anything else

we have seen the toys thrown out of the pram on more that one thread on here and elsewhere recently due to this issue , more so if its somebody in spain or the balearics or the canaries, or cyprus for that matter (not leeds as such) , so bear in mind that sometimes its not always the box at fault, but that other factors may play a part , like faults on your system as in one case, like changes from 1n and 1d to 2e for another , never assume it will remain the same from day to day

my official slybox was on standby yesterday morning when we got up , and took some time to repopulate its epg after waking it up , obviously I knew it was down to the new transponder and sat changes, but still got earache off "er indoors" about it as they expect it to work 24/7/365 , especially when its paid for like mine is !! nuff said

checkout my crossepg thread to see how I was affected on the vu duo a few days ago due to the same transponder changes too