PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started with the Technomate 7102HD T2

rodlogic
09-02-2014, 12:19 PM
This post is a consolidation of my previous answers to people asking "how do I" .... feel free to update if I have misguided people along the way !

Here is how I set up my 7102HDT2

Make sure you do the following
On the HD or a USB stick have the following
Backup of sat list .cndf
Backup of any softcam key
Backup of stb
Latest Technomate firmware (128)
Latest phantompatch (131)
Addon_002

These can all be found in the firmware section of the Technomate 7000 series here.

Now make sure you have the USB stick inserted and recognised

Now

Factory reset system reboots
Select language etc
Select USB stick , load official firmware (128) < ---- these 2 steps NOT required - see clarification below
System automatically reboots <------
Select USB stick
Load phantompatch (131p)
System automatically reboots
Select USB stick <---- Next 3 items only needed first time of loading
Load addon_002 <----
System automatically reboots <----
Select USB stick
Load .cndf file (general and default)
Load softcam key if needed
Check time settings and internet and other settings

Now you should have access to the 8280 and 8281 menus

Now how to open the encrypted channels (your mileage may vary here)

There are 3 different ways to carry out this task

BISS keys + Constant Key Word (CW) (Entered via the 8280 Menu).
BISS Keys - just enter the first half of the key (you will notice it repeats) and enter zeros the fill the line
CW keys - Enter the whole key
These keys can have a one to many relationship
i.e. on 27.5W all the BBC Channels open with the same key - so you can enter it once then
select each channel - press 8280 and then select the BISS key.

Softcam.key - Grab a copy of the Technomater 1.5 from the files section (I uploaded it last year)
This will allow you to create an up todate softcam.key file - to load it onto your box copy it
to a USB key via file file manager (Menu USB File Manager)
Once loaded you use the (Menu USB Data Transfer) option - select the softcam.key file and press OK
This will load it into your box.

Alternate way to get data files onto your box is as follows
Download the file STBDaemon304.zip in the files section.
Unzip and run the STBDaemon_304.exe this will prompt you for a location
Enter a directory that exists i.e. c:\Satellite
Now on your box go to (Menu USB File Manager)
With the cursor in the right hand pane of the File Manager
The Yellow button lets you create an IP file share - put in the IP of the PC runnimg
the STBDaemon_304.exe (remember you need to put in leading zeros if the IP number is less than 3)
i.e. 010.001.124
Now you will have a new HD - select this and you will find you are looking at the directory
on your PC - you can simply copy/move/delete from here to your box and back.

Finally there is "CS"
I am not at liberty to describe how to get the info for this but suffice to say the following
will put you on the right track ...
Insert a USB stick
Enter 8281 then the pin (usually 0000 unless you have changed it)
Now Press the Blue button - this will create a skeleton CSinfo.txt file onto the USB stick.
You can then edit this file and upload the results onto the box via USB or the IP HD as described above.
You use the (Menu USB File Manager) (Menu USB Data Transfer) method to load the data as before.

Any errors or omissions are mine alone

manic01
09-02-2014, 12:38 PM
No need to load official fw.
Factory reset after loading patch.

rodlogic
09-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Ok thanks for the clarification .... so I guess the patch can be seen as official firmware + " ?

holmroad
10-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Ok thanks for the clarification .... so I guess the patch can be seen as official firmware + " ?

I was told that applied to some recent patches, but not ALL mate! It certainly does no harm to first load the latest possible official firmware before the patch etc - but thats all in MY humble opinion!
Maybe I'm wrong?

rodlogic
10-02-2014, 03:46 PM
That's what I always do, load the official firmware first. I do that so I can troubleshoot when things aren't right from first principles. Again I *may* be wasting 30 seconds of my time but I like to be sure. In total it only takes 10 minutes from initial factory reset to loading all the patches, add-ons and reloading any data files.
Anyway the purpose of my initial post was to lay out my answers to the "how do I" questions for the TM7102 HD boxes.
Hopefully the new starters can read and start to enjoy their satellite browsing .

manic01
10-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Once loaded addon doesnt req reloading.

rodlogic
10-02-2014, 06:30 PM
OK have highlighted that fact in the OP