PDA

View Full Version : Motorised dish advice please

Deg
11-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Just bought from gumtree a 1m solid dish with a technomate fm 2600 super motor to replace my sky dish.I have a vu solo2 box as its a twin tuner is this setup going to work? Need to buy new lnb. Sorry I'm new to all this.

Dark Cloud
11-02-2014, 02:42 PM
lots of tutorials for your dish here
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?131435-motorized-dish-tutorial
and there is a good tutorial on the Solo2.
You just need a good lnb and your away.
It's virtually the same setup as me, so you have chosen well.

tr8.
11-02-2014, 03:12 PM
yes it should work, all depends on what you are trying to do.
Solo2 a good receiver, had one for just under a year now and very pleased with it.
Just be aware its NOT plug and play, and you need to understand about Linux and programing.,
You will need to connect it to you PC or Laptop, and have a usb to load the base program
I would recommend starting with the Blackhole images.

go to the VU+ section plenty of reading to do before you start with the on switch,
And the dish section.
As you have a s-y box you may want to connect that to the dish to find your 1st Sat i.e 28.e

satwyn
11-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Just bought from gumtree a 1m solid dish with a technomate fm 2600 super motor to replace my sky dish.I have a vu solo2 box as its a twin tuner is this setup going to work? Need to buy new lnb. Sorry I'm new to all this.as your sky dish is probably static you will need to set up your dish to track the clark belt

Capt Scarlet
11-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Need to buy new lnb. Sorry I'm new to all this.

go for a Inverto Dark Ultra LNB m8
great signal increases given using these m8 :victory-045:

Deg
11-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Cheers for all the advice I will have a good read over the next few days and look into the dark ultra lnb. Was worried that a twin tuner wouldn't work with the motor I have.

echelon
11-02-2014, 07:25 PM
the solo 2 will work with any motor, including the tm2600 , but only one tuner feed can operate your motor , not the other tuner

so ideally you have TUNER A going to the motor and then to the motorised dish lnb, and you have TUNER B going to a second output from the motorised dish lnb (not via the motor) , or TUNER B being fed from the sly fixed dish if its still up

even though its a twin tuner box, you can operate it as TUNER A or B only, in single tuner mode , although ideall you use it with 2 feeds , one being motorised (some people would operate it like sly plus with 2 feeds from a fixed dish too)

so you can use a twin inverto ultra black lnb if you wanted to, on the motorised dish

voyager1972
11-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Cheers for all the advice I will have a good read over the next few days and look into the dark ultra lnb. Was worried that a twin tuner wouldn't work with the motor I have.
i take it you mean the inverto black ultra????,,,,,,,,,dont buy a quattro like i did,,,,,,,,,,,,,i tend to buy things without actually reading what they are ,,,,l.o.l.......
i now use a inverto black ultra quad,,,,,,,,also used a technomate tm-4 ,and to be honest i didnt find any differance.

Deg
11-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Would it be better to left the sly dish up for fixed and get a single lnb for the motorised?

echelon
11-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Would it be better to left the sly dish up for fixed and get a single lnb for the motorised?

I would deffo do this

simon 2003
12-02-2014, 12:09 AM

Works we'll mate that's my setup also.techno 2600 and solo2, I've got a sly dish at 28e and a motorised ,be a shame not to have a twin LNb with your motorised as you are not using solo2 to its full potential ,follow advice in this thread and have a good read up all info is in this forum