PDA

View Full Version : BISS with the 1600CHD

Dantis
21-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Hi, I am very new to the Icecrypt box as I normally use the Openbox S9/10 and TM 5402 HD, so please be gentle!

I have installed the third-party sw (1.6.10) and have successfully installed my sea lions, all okay, however, I have scanned a TP with BISS encrypted channels and they have all appeared without entering the BISS key? I know that the channels are still BISS encrypted as I turned off the BISS key on my TM and the channels disappeared. I managed to find a BISS menu by pressing i (info), i, red button, red button, however the Biss code shown was all zeros?

I have deliberately not mentioned which satellite, but I live in the Costa del Sol so you should know which one!

Any advice please?

ColdAsICE
25-02-2014, 02:57 PM
If the channels are working and the keys are not in the key editor then the firmware is not using MCAS to decode them.

kiwitt
27-02-2014, 04:59 PM
as from today, my "channels" have stopped working.... :(

O Algo
28-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Hi, Iīm new in this forum
Iīve tried putting the new biss keys in, but the channels still donīt open.
Strange that where I put the keys in every digit was 0, how did the channels open with the old keys?
I tried to download new firmware, but all of the ones I saw in ftp download are old.

Does anybody know how to get this working?

echelon
28-02-2014, 11:20 AM
the new 27.5w keys (if any) are not known to the public so if the channels there do not open then your keys are old or incorrect

without knowing the brand new keys you wont open them, its that simple

its not a firmware issue either, its all due to the biss keys being changed

O Algo
28-02-2014, 11:30 AM
I have the new keys, just donīt know how to put them in.

I tried with the info, red, red, but nothing happens after I put them in.

I know itīs not a firmware issue, just that I thought that there might be a new firmware with the new keys in it.

All I need really is to know how to access the biss menu and put the keys in.

I tried them on my other box (technomate) and theyīre working 100%, did it in less then one minute.

Dantis
28-02-2014, 12:40 PM
I have the keys, but cannot work out how to enter them, the BISS menu states KEY8, not KEY16, I enter the code and OK to save, exit out but nothing?

Before the keys were showing as all zeros? Now they show as the correct code but do not decode?

Jim Bob
28-02-2014, 01:18 PM
I got same problem, anyone figured this one out ?

O Algo
28-02-2014, 01:29 PM
I have the keys, but cannot work out how to enter them, the BISS menu states KEY8, not KEY16, I enter the code and OK to save, exit out but nothing?

Before the keys were showing as all zeros? Now they show as the correct code but do not decode?

You can change the code to key16 before you write the codes, but Iīve tried this and it doesnīt work either.

Could it be that we are writing in lowercase? I canīt find a way to write in caps though.

Jim Bob
28-02-2014, 01:36 PM
me neither, i have tried every button but cant make it capital. like dantis said, its odd that before they were all zeros and it worked, now we put in key and nothing.

john777
28-02-2014, 01:56 PM
me neither, i have tried every button but cant make it capital. like dantis said, its odd that before they were all zeros and it worked, now we put in key and nothing.

In the same boat tried everything. I think it will be the next software update like the last one showing 0000000000000

kiwitt
28-02-2014, 02:06 PM
exactly the same as everybody else.....i think the keys are in the firmware....you can edit them under biss keys in the ca module entering code1407.... but nothing changes....no picture...

O Algo
28-02-2014, 02:50 PM
Even if you put the code in as key16 it saves as key8, I canīt find a way to save it as key16.

Anyway, we should be able to find the old keys somewhere, but I canīt find them anywhere. Must be hidden inside the firmware.

Would it be possible to edit the abs firmware, maybe we could find a way to put the codes in that way?

Jim Bob
28-02-2014, 03:00 PM
cant open the abs file but that seems to be the way if anyone can.

john777
28-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Box does not have anuff memory

O Algo
28-02-2014, 04:47 PM
New firmware for ftp download, but doesnīt seem to change anything.
Can somebody else try?

Downloads are not there anymore.... :o10:

Edit again: :respect-047:

kiwitt
28-02-2014, 06:15 PM
the new firmware has fixed it....(download via ftp).....the keys are definitly integrated inside the firmware....

Jim Bob
01-03-2014, 12:43 PM
I'm just getting file not found ? do i need to edit the info ?

Jim Bob
01-03-2014, 02:21 PM
this ftp isnt working. could someone pm me a backup ?

kiwitt
01-03-2014, 06:12 PM
the ftp server is working...is your box connected to the internet...??

andycube
01-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Cant PM you as I havent posted 15 times, I have success with ftp and a backup file.

PM me back (provided you have posted 15 times)

Trying to work out how to atttach it

What a good site, thanks for all the info.

andycube
01-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Think that some peoples problems with ftp are incorrect login and address, I have 3 boxes and 2 wouldnt login the third did and from backup of that one the ftp login changed and worked

Dantis
03-03-2014, 03:19 PM
I have upgraded the fw from the ftp server, all working okay now, the only thing is that I had to rescan all my channels again, is there not a way of editing the .abs file directly? I am used to having the files separate, i.e fw, channel lists, keys etc, this seems to combine them all in one file, which is not very practical.

Dantis
03-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Post abs file here and i will see if I can open with one of the many editors I have.
Nothing to lose.

Sorry just tried uploading but keep getting the message 'invalid file'

Dantis
03-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Okay thanks, didn't know that, hope I have done it correctly Manic.

andycube
03-03-2014, 07:55 PM
You can backup your old firmware with the channel list then apply new firmware, then restore only channel list.

If the file is File Type: zip S1600C_1.6.10.zip then thatss not the one with the updated keys it should be 1.6.11

Dantis
03-03-2014, 08:00 PM
You can backup your old firmware with the channel list then apply new firmware, then restore only channel list.

If the file is File Type: zip S1600C_1.6.10.zip then thatss not the one with the updated keys it should be 1.6.11

Yes I know I have 1.6.11 installed but I had 1.6.10 on a USB so just used it here to see if it could be edited, it would be useful for key changes in the future.

edgeofblue5
09-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Im a newbie and just got a box and need to set it up. Can anyone help me locate the latest fw with latest biss. think its 1.6.11

Dantis
09-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Im a newbie and just got a box and need to set it up. Can anyone help me locate the latest fw with latest biss. think its 1.6.11

It is in the ftp upgrade section, make sure you are connected to the internet, then navigate to Menu > Internet > ftp upgrade, select and the firmware 1.6.11 will appear which has the BISS keys embedded, select, then the fw will download and update. Done.

edgeofblue5
10-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Thanks a lot I will try.

edgeofblue5
21-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Just tried to set up box. Should I upgrade software first?
Tried to connect to FTP via internet menu but on, existing default server settings,
just get... Connection to sever failed!

edgeofblue5
22-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Hi,
Done as you suggested .Connected to internet, at Ftp Upgrade, Icecrypt server url appears, press connect to get file list,...file not found.
Any ideas please.

andycube
22-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Download firmware 1.6.10 in link above then try FTP. Tge default FTP id and password dont work.
IF this doesnt work PM me

edgeofblue5
28-03-2014, 04:52 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the post. Managed to to install 1.6.15 pointed dish at intelsat . instals sat menu.. Intelsat 907. blind scan downloaded channels but seem to be those of Hispasat .
ADDED TRANSPONDER 11495V did TP scan but....no channels found.

Doing something wrong!
Please can you help

thanks

Michael

DJSat79
02-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Download firmware 1.6.10 from above link this morning, tried FTP, but only 1.6.15 (&.13) shown - these don't have the key entries.
Back to 1.6.10
Scan in known BISS Key channel. I've just used E10A, 11387, V 30000. NBA POOL (Test Card)
THANKS TO MDT for post "biss keys from 53e to30w4" for that info. Select the channel "NBA POOL" press the following buttons in quick succession - i i red red - the key entry appears. Type in correct key (numbers 0-9, a=p-, b=p+, c=red, d=green, e=yellow, f=blue.
(No need for capitols)

Sangh
06-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Hey guys i need some help...

I downloaded the 1.6.10 file and put it in my box with USB no problem so far.
But when i try to go to FTP upgrade it just says FAILED TO CONNECT..... what are the log in information or am i doing something wrong ....

I have read the post above but i dont get what i really have to do
If anyone can help ill appreciate it big time.

EDIT: ok nvm the first couple o questions i got the 1.6.15 from the FTP server now my question is how do i get the channel list with the keys already installed?
Or do i have to insert them myself if so, where do i get the keys and where do i insert the keys.

EDIT nr2: Got it to work thank you for information :D !!!

BTW this forum is amazing!

edgeofblue5
19-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Hi,

same problem I have installed 1.06.15

Do I still need to install 1.o6.10 to install latest biss keys as channels on TRANSPONDER 11495V are still not showing up

thanks

DJSat79
19-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Go back to 1.6.10, use the satellite listed (907) and use "BB*" as the pid search. This then found all ththe channels on the mux.
Last time I tried it though (last week) I could not decode them using the keys I have.
The BISS decoding does work - I have run some tests during some "official" work where I had the 12 digit code. - To convert this to 16 digits, enter a "0" in positions 7&8 and 15&16.
Good Luck

ColdAsICE
08-05-2014, 11:03 AM
The latest firmware version for the S1600-CHD is V1.6.16.
Update to this version and it should all function, why revert to older versions and then try to use the key editor when its all been done for you?

nigel1950
06-06-2014, 11:45 AM
Hello, I have just joined this forum because im very stuck I bought a icecrypt 1600 chd and have lost all my channels someone told me to do the fpt update but I can get the files up on the screen but when I try to download them it says download failed, please if someone could help me I would be very please,

Nigel

cj1558
10-06-2014, 11:20 AM
i to would like to no more info on the ice 1600 box for the uk biss channles as im in spain.
eg what firmware channels list and,it looks like its not easy to install the keys.
any help would be most usefull.thanks

yunque
10-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Hello, good afternoon, before going to update on ftp you have to get into the first choice to recognize the IP of your ADSL, then you are ready to go to update via ftp red button to connect once connected selescionar the file you put 27w and red button again to download it asks you several options before selecting the list of SW + Chanel and so smash the latest firmware.

yunque
10-06-2014, 01:45 PM
i to would like to no more info on the ice 1600 box for the uk biss channles as im in spain.
eg what firmware channels list and,it looks like its not easy to install the keys.
any help would be most usefull.thanks

Hello, I can help but do not know how to upload files and still can not send private.

DJSat79
10-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Go to post by ColdAsICE "icecrypt s1600c hd patched firmware". download the zip file. open file and put onto memory stick. follow instructions from ColdAsICE. latest patched firmware version 27 from him works fine.
Thanks ColdAsICE again for this update.

Ross_37
08-07-2014, 07:58 PM
Hi

I have just received my 1600 chd today and trying to understand it. I have down loaded 1.6.28 for astra 28 + 27.5 west l can find the channels but can't see the BISS code entry. can someone advise what l am missing. I expected to go to menu and see a BISS code Crypto code enteries

blakmumba
08-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Hi

I have just received my 1600 chd today and trying to understand it. I have down loaded 1.6.28 for astra 28 + 27.5 west l can find the channels but can't see the BISS code entry. can someone advise what l am missing. I expected to go to menu and see a BISS code Crypto code enteries

ColdAsIce has given the instructions in the firmware section labelled 'icecrypt s1600c hd patched firmware' for your receiver. Below is what Cold mentions...

This is the Latest patched firmware for the Icecrypt S1600C.
It has MCAS(hidden in the CAS menu use PIN 1407 to make it appear).
In this version you can update all the keys with the EMU key editor.
All the Internet services including fixed You tube and others (U prawn hidden in network media menu enter PIN 6969 to make it appear, then use the parental controls to stop under age access).
The FTP upgrade firmware server now online with latest firmware and channel settings options.
- To use the online server - Go to Menu > Internet > FTP Upgrade > RED to perform an online update
- The list will show the different setting options, and the dates when uploaded.
All options will incorporate the latest firmware update but the FTP firmware is official not patched.
- Simply choose which upgrade option in menu for example choosing SW+Channel settings will upgrade both these options at the same time.
If you wish to keep the patched version then simple choose Channel settings only and it will then download the channel settings without upgrading the software.
- Other minor upgrades included.

Ross_37
08-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Thanks blakmumba

I suspected there was a code but when l have tried 1407 nothing appears. To be sure l have gone to menu, selected conditional access entered the code nothing happens. Tried to go to menu, selected conditional access selected CA settings entered the code nothing happens. Clearly doing something wrong???

blakmumba
08-07-2014, 10:40 PM
Thanks blakmumba

I suspected there was a code but when l have tried 1407 nothing appears. To be sure l have gone to menu, selected conditional access entered the code nothing happens. Tried to go to menu, selected conditional access selected CA settings entered the code nothing happens. Clearly doing something wrong???
ok try this.... go into menu and type the code. If that doesn't work go into CAS and enter the code. If that doesn't work re - install the firmware.
ps. .. have you defo installed the patched firmware and not the normal 1?

Ross_37
08-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Hi I guess a learning curve on my part ( just first day with the box) when moving to CA setting i pressed ok to get card info and then entered the code and recived the correct screen enabling me to enter the keys. Thanks