PDA

View Full Version : problems with spiderbox 9000

sapper
24-02-2014, 10:29 AM
I have a annoying problem with my box, I try to watch films and sport mainly on 28 degree, but after a few moments it freezes and revert to a black screen. sometimes it does com back, then it dies the same thing BT1 -2 TCM infact quite a few. Not only 28, but others as well.
I would appreciate some help on this , if the is any.
kind regards

echelon
24-02-2014, 10:54 AM
you need to ignore what happens on paid for channels and check what it is like on FTA channels on various sats, like the freesat channels on 28 east and free news and music channels on other sats too

if its ok on free to air channels, then it could be something to do with your "lines" and not an issue that can be dealt with on this forum (check the rules)

if its just as bad on fta channels then the box is likely to be on its way out and needs replacing, as its several years old now

if its bad on all channels it could be faulty coax or more likely a faulty lnb if only one lnb is used

ideally, check the system with a temporary box, not the 9000 , just to see if its the box at fault, or not

sapper
24-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Like me on my way out, but I will check the FTA channels. I tend to forget the age of my equipment, as in this case it has been ok over the years. Also would hate to fall foul of the rules.
Again many thanks

echelon
24-02-2014, 02:12 PM
yep, same as your xp pc , xp came out 12 or so years ago and vista in 2007 which is 7 years ago, so always a factor

recently we have noticed faults on the 7000 and 9000 like tuner issues and random reboots etc, I have a 7000 that has some of these issues and is possibly a tuner fault, possibly even a psu fault due to dired out capacitors , who knows ?

time moves on and we dont realise but when you said spiderbox 9000 and windows xp its clear to me that the equipment is several years old

this is why a newer box should be tried , to eliminate the problem by changing the installation bit by bit until you know what is causing it

in your case , is it the box ? , the cable ? (like water damage or rodent damage etc) or the lnb ?

swapping the box is the easiest to do (if you had a spare , but like almost all cars have a spare wheel, most of us have spare boxes we can test with ) , then if the lnb is several years old , replace it , lastly rig up a temp cable to see if the original has perished or is damaged , including remaking all f connector joints

until you diagnose the fault by substitution , you will never repair it