PDA

View Full Version : Tune failed!

rob588cliff
24-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Hi,

When I select any of the 6 Disney channels from the EPG I get a black screen with 'tune failed' in the middle of it. There is also no EPG information for these 6 channels.

Im assuming I need to update the transponder information ??!! If I'm on the right track can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

echelon
24-02-2014, 11:48 PM
get the latest details from king of sat or lyngsat and do a manual scan and add the new channels to the bouquet list and remove the defunct ones from that list

or use the plugin auto bouquets to sort out your bouquets and lists

or download a new channel list like catseyes, if he has one that has these updates included

rob588cliff
25-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Thanks - daft question I know however, where is manual scan can't find it anywhere ?!

echelon
25-02-2014, 10:40 AM
be in menu - setup somewhere - tuner ?

rob588cliff
26-02-2014, 08:44 AM
I'm going to give the updated Channel list (catseye) a go ! I've looked on the forum and think I understand however, thought I would get some reassurance from you guys before I start.

I've looked on the forum and found a updated catseye channel list dated 14/2/2014. My box was delivered on 12/2/2014 with catseye preinstalled. I guess this suggests my list is out of date and may contain the correct information to update my channels that are showing as 'tune failed' ?

I then use Vu+ control centre v0.7 to install the the channel list ?

Do I need to remove the old channel list at any stage, if so how ?

Will the updated channel list impact my Bouquets in anyway ? I've amended the names within the Bouquets so don't want the naming amended if possible ?

Am I on track ??

Thanks.

echelon
26-02-2014, 10:45 AM
you are on track but any new list overwrites the old list, so the old one will be lost and any renaming also lost too

no need to remove the old one, because as I said its overwritten by the new one

vucc should work although I tend to use dreamboxedit myself (dreamset is another tool you could use too)

check in the settings E2 forum here for any further catseye updated lists first too

I have also customised my bouquet lists so I use the auto bouquets to do the job and then add the new channels to my customised lists using the remote control , that way I get the latest channels in organised bouquets AND I can add them to my customised bouquets too

if you wish to retain your customised bouquets then manual transponder scan is best, then add the new channels to your customised bouquets, especially if there are only a few of them