PDA

View Full Version : Network Settings

jonah
27-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Can anybody tell me when I connect with ethernet cable it says connected but 0%, and drops connection quite often. When I unplug cable and connect using WiFi it connects fine and says 100%.I would have thought that the best connection would have been the cable connection.

Aldo
27-02-2014, 05:37 PM
I am sure that you have been told this before, Learn to Read the Forum, you have been a member for almost 6 years and you still do not know how to, or are too lazy to be bothered to do so, and in doing so you may learn something:

To get extended Menu options goto Menu / Others and press 1111, this will give you 3 extra options at the bottom of the list.
Go to ‘Network’, scroll down to IKS and press register OK, will then show Connection Status as Connected and expiry date.

Roadrunner
27-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Can anybody tell me when I connect with ethernet cable it says connected but 0%, and drops connection quite often. When I unplug cable and connect using WiFi it connects fine and says 100%.I would have thought that the best connection would have been the cable connection.
Its perfectly normal that it says 0% when connected with lan cable, you are connected by cable so the wi-fi signal IS 0% (as its OFF). As to why your Wi-fi is more stable than the LAN i don`t know, they should be both OK (check the cable quality and replace if needed???) I am also using a wired connection here and do not have any problems with it.

jonah
27-02-2014, 05:44 PM
You are not reading the Question. And I do search the forum before asking.

jimihendrix
27-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Ok you mean the Network Settings in the Multimedia folder.
This is 100% reliable simply set the following
Network Interface Wired Network
Wired Network Auto
As long as you have an IP address showing you are connected via the Ethernet cable. If it's dropping out it's either the Server or an intermittent cable.

jonah
27-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Ok you mean the Network Settings in the Multimedia folder.
This is 100% reliable simply set the following
Network Interface Wired Network
Wired Network Auto
As long as you have an IP address showing you are connected via the Ethernet cable. If it's dropping out it's either the Server or an intermittent cable.
Thank you for reply.I will try a new cable. I now understand,my previous reply was for the attention of ALDO

jimihendrix
27-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Thank you for reply.I will try a new cable. I now understand,my previous reply was for the attention of ALDO

The problem was there are two network folders one in the Multimedia icon and the second in the Others icon.
When using the "Wired Network" it is normal for the Quality reading to be 0% that is only for the "Wireless Network" setting as shown by the "transmitter" icon next to the word Quality.
As above as long as you have an IP address showing when using the Wired Network setting then you are connected.
Not knowing which Network folder we are discussing can add a bit of confusion to the subject.

jonah
27-02-2014, 06:46 PM
The problem was there are two network folders one in the Multimedia icon and the second in the Others icon.
When using the "Wired Network" it is normal for the Quality reading to be 0% that is only for the "Wireless Network" setting as shown by the "transmitter" icon next to the word Quality.
As above as long as you have an IP address showing when using the Wired Network setting then you are connected.
Not knowing which Network folder we are discussing can add a bit of confusion to the subject.

Thanks again,I was referring to Multimedia icon.But I now understand what you are saying,and will try a new cable.Thanks again